Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

oh my god you have to unlock champion mastery 6 and 7 through hextech crafting

noooooooooooooooooo

Ugh how will I spam emotes after I feed now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hextech crafting is sort of dumb but imo it's cool that there doesn't seem to be any limit on the amount of key fragments you can get in a day/week/month/whatever so if you're a poopsocker you can hoard a bunch and open up chests whenever you get a new one.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Lady Naga posted:

Hextech crafting is sort of dumb but imo it's cool that there doesn't seem to be any limit on the amount of key fragments you can get in a day/week/month/whatever so if you're a poopsocker you can hoard a bunch and open up chests whenever you get a new one.

I have no idea how to get chests. Is it from S ranks? Because those are notoriously hard for me to get for some reason.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

lucifirius posted:

I have no idea how to get chests. Is it from S ranks? Because those are notoriously hard for me to get for some reason.

Yes. S ranks also increase the likelihood of keys.

I very nearly just started a game with Smite as Garen :negative:

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
GOONS LISTEN
Apparently this is still confusing for some of you

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, we got Taxed to Goontain Her as the overflow parking group here--throw a friend invite to me and i'll get you in if you want in. I'll be offline for the rest of the evening and it'll be a bit before I'm home from work but shoot me a friend request and I'll go from there.

get into this club and you will be among the first to join GOON once the member limit is increased, just add Gromp Hellscream and send him a pm. an rear end ton of you added me after the fact that the club was full and started pm'ing me, it won't work!!!!!!!

also the silversquid chat channel is still active and it's where goons from both clubs will organize inhouses and normal/ranked 5's, so add that to your autojoin on startup if you want to play w/ us

Heehee Hartlocks fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 16, 2016

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

lucifirius posted:

you also get chests if any of the other 4 people in your game gets an S rank, so it's not too bad

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

you also get chests if any of the other 4 people in your game gets an S rank, so it's not too bad

No you have to be grouped with them, I was in a game with someone who got an S earlier and I got nothing. Also the client announces when someone got an S ranked game so it wasn't just a pubbie bullshitting

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Good! Goon 5's will be the fastest way to get chests and key fragments then

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
N

Lady Naga posted:

I got Urf from a chest :3:

e: Nami Urf, to be specific.

Nice Urf

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'd like to be added to a goon group. IGN is Unimaginative, and I can go any position.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
4 chests per month + 12 months equals about 48 champions. You can only receive a chest for a champion's S Rank once per season, so it will be interesting to see if you can maintain that as the months go on if you play with your regular crew.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's also a dumb and unnecessary restriction

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
"Hey since Daemonlasher is helping me learn to play my way out of Silver, I should play more Ranked games for him to review."

Queue up as Top/Fill so I can Naut/Quinn my way to victory better learning; get Support, thats cool Nauto Supporto and/or Taric are dece ATM I'll roll with them.

Get into champ select, ask ADC what he is planning on playing; no answer, opposing team picks Naut fine I'll play Taric cause IDK what to match up vs Naut support. Our Mid and ADCs turn to pick, mid picks Janna? Wat, ADC picks Anivia.

"TROLL oval office IM MID"
"ME MID SORRY PICK SOMETHING ELSE"
"gently caress YOU"
"NO ONE LEAVE SO ANIVIA GETS A LOSS"
Both lock in.

Do I take the dodge penalty or just wear the loss? Doesn't matter cause our Top lander just dodges out.

gently caress.
Ranked.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I love leag

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The only thing I don't like about the hextech whatevers is that champ and regular dust are different things, and the only way to get champ dust is apparently to recycle champ fragments.

Champ champ champ...

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

The quintessential OCE experience, folks.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Alris posted:

The quintessential OCE experience, folks.

I swear half these peoples plans is to queue up, as their preferred roll and fill; just pick their preferred roll/champ as long as they aren't last pick and just challenge you to dodge the game or have them throw it if you don't let them play the lane.

Place Ad Here
Mar 15, 2005

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

GOONS LISTEN
Apparently this is still confusing for some of you

get into this club and you will be among the first to join GOON once the member limit is increased, just add Gromp Hellscream and send him a pm. an rear end ton of you added me after the fact that the club was full and started pm'ing me, it won't work!!!!!!!

also the silversquid chat channel is still active and it's where goons from both clubs will organize inhouses and normal/ranked 5's, so add that to your autojoin on startup if you want to play w/ us

If people are feeling left out and want a nice club tag, you can add Place Ad Here and I can add you to Goon Squad Sucks club. Plenty of space and we have the super awesome tag of "Fails"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
my dick could pierce the heavens

and this is just on my ISP's early adoption line. they're doing stress tests with their higher speed customers ( i was part of like 5% of their customer base that paid for faster than 8Mbps) and once they get the rest of the details sorted out the rep told me my speed could probably be hitting 200 Mbps, on a plan that will come out to the exact same price I was paying before

im not prepared for all that internet

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
intel needs to hurry the fuckshit up with my rma processor hoyl gently caress

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Jhin....is good.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
His ultimate is the most reliable damage dealing tool I've ever had the pleasure of using as an ADC

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
got sinful succulence morg out of my chest, which is good because i've always wanted that skin but not badly enough that I wanted to spend real money on it

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Luna Was Here posted:

my dick could pierce the heavens

and this is just on my ISP's early adoption line. they're doing stress tests with their higher speed customers ( i was part of like 5% of their customer base that paid for faster than 8Mbps) and once they get the rest of the details sorted out the rep told me my speed could probably be hitting 200 Mbps, on a plan that will come out to the exact same price I was paying before

im not prepared for all that internet

Fuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

But mostly, gently caress tony abbott

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Fuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

But mostly, gently caress tony abbott

Same

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Hey guys Vi is really fun and I want to get a skin for her. What's the best Vi skin? Do any of them make particularly obnoxious noises at the press of a button? Those are always the best skins

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Best Vi skin is probably Demon Vi. Officer Vi has sirens that go off with her ult but it's pretty horrendous otherwise.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

Hey guys Vi is really fun and I want to get a skin for her. What's the best Vi skin? Do any of them make particularly obnoxious noises at the press of a button? Those are always the best skins

Neon Strike Vi makes an annoying noise at the very start of her recall that you can spam.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

oh my god you have to unlock champion mastery 6 and 7 through hextech crafting

noooooooooooooooooo

No you dont. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4akmnd/champion_mastery_lvl_6_and_7/d11awv6

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
drat, I checked the Vi skins you guys said, didn't really like em, checked the rest. Just all of Vi's skins suck :(

Demon Vi is like okay which makes it a lot better than the others, which are pretty much varying amounts of aggressively boring.

I'm disappointed they didn't give Demon Vi more of a Hellboy theme

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Neon Strike Vi is her best skin because it's a reference to Gotcha Force, the best Gamecube game.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 16, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeebs

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Magres posted:

It doesn't have a spamable obnoxious noise, but Debonair Vi is best Vi.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Hermetic posted:

It doesn't have a spamable obnoxious noise, but Debonair Vi is best Vi.

This guy knows what's up

Neon strike is S tier for ridiculous spammable noises though, it's a tough choice if that's a feature you value highly

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
So, there's no reasonable way to unlock anything with this hextech crafting thing is there?

I bought 5 chest/key combos just to test it out and got 4 garbage skin shards (that I re-rolled for a bad 520 rp kass skin), ~200 cosmetic essence, and a xerath shard. If I can expect that as my full haul every month, I'll get a new champ once a year or so

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I know I can't be the only one who is never going to even touch that poo poo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

NTT posted:

Jhin....is good.

I predict that he's actually still a good midlaner and you will see him played there more often.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Jhin has been my most consistently winning champ this season in both mid and adc but I suspect that's because people vastly underestimate his level 2 all-in than because I'm actually good at him

e: well that and because he's hilariously easy to CS on

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the amount of people ive seen die to the jhin root from the W alone midgame makes him a good hero, the other spells are like a bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can't make good use of jhins traps, but the awesome snipes you can pull off with his W and R make him feel amazing

• Locked thread