Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
"They have my son," Jeb declares.

"The Trump appears more orange than we'd hoped." Kasich says.

"It's said the boy's centipede killed a dozen men an as many horses." Rham sighs.

Clinton speaks up. "Is it true that both GOP brothers have taken up against us?" "Cruz captured, his army scattered, it's a catastrophe. Perhaps, we should sue for peace."

Walker slaps his goblet, sending it into shards on the floor. "There is your peace. Kasich saw to that when he saw to stay in the race. You'll have an easier time bringing The Donald to the table, than you will Ben Carson's head. He's winning, in case you hadn't noticed."

"We should have a brokered convention," Lord Ryan declares, " whatever it takes.

"THEY HAVE MY CANDIDATE!" Jeb shouts. Then, "Get out, all of you."

They rise to leave, Trump among them. "Not you," Jeb says.

Trump sits back down, fumbling for his wine glass. "Why me?" he says, "Why not a....popular candidate?"

Jeb scowls. "Because you are my successor. You will go to Washington, and bring those scum to heal. That lying Cruz, that sniveling Kasich, that cockless wonder Rubio..."

Donald sighs. "I know. Polls. Rumors. Tabloids."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pro-click.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It should be noted that boys town was and still is a catholic-run institution for kids with behavioral issues or kids sent there by court order. Basically, there's a strong chance that (assuming the truth behind the GHWB thing, quite a leap) the victims had previously been abused in similar fashion by parents or relatives before being abused by politicians

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

where's the kasich thread?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i wanna hang out in there

edit: I found it. Biggest night of this man's life and he's not on page one?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

That DICK! posted:

where's the kasich thread?

This is it! BUCKLE UP!!!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

a cop posted:

This is it! BUCKLE UP!!!

but it's a very short trip! i don't need that thing

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

It should be noted that boys town was and still is a catholic-run institution for kids with behavioral issues or kids sent there by court order. Basically, there's a strong chance that (assuming the truth behind the GHWB thing, quite a leap) the victims had previously been abused in similar fashion by parents or relatives before being abused by politicians

After the Jimmy Saville/MP sex scandal is it that much of a leap?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump might do well in a contested convention just because he has so much experience bribing people.

The entire Republican establishment strategy at this point is to try to use rules lawyering and backroom chicanery to beat the extremely litigious man who wrote The Art of the Deal.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The entire Republican establishment strategy at this point is to try to use rules lawyering and backroom chicanery to beat the extremely litigious man who wrote The Art of the Deal.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
The Bernie results hurt my soul, but soon with Trump no one will feel anything ever again.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

I did the same thing, but blue is Trump, Cruz is (big surprise) puke yellow, Rubio's red, and Kasich is teal. Cool graph, I wonder how Colorado would have gone.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
"Ser? My lady?" said Ivanka. "Is a "Ser? My lady?" said Ivanka. "Is a undecided man an outlaw?"

"More or less," Melania answered.

the Pope disagreed. "More less than more. There are many sorts of voters, just as there are many sorts of birds. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They've heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. Elections seem a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know.

"Then they get a taste of campaigns".

"For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the elections they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred election can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they've been gutted by an axe.

"They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now. They take a wound, and when that's still half-healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their votes fall to pieces from the marching, their canvassing is torn and rotting, and half of them are making GBS threads in their breeches from drinking bad media.

"If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they're electioning in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their news and steal their polls, and from there it's just a short step to carrying off their opinions too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are electioning beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don't know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they're electioning for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world . . .

"And the voter breaks.

"He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The undecided man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Melania is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of undecided men, and fear them . . . but he should pity them as well."

When Trump was finished a profound silence fell upon their little band. Melania could hear the wind rustling through a clump of pussywillows, and farther off the faint cry of a loon. She could hear Narrative panting softly as he loped along beside the front runner and his donkey, tongue lolling from his mouth. The quiet stretched and stretched, until finally she said, "How old were you when they marched you off to war?"

"Why, no older than your boy," Trump replied. "Too young for such, in truth, but my brothers were all going, and I would not be left behind. Fred said I could be his squire, though Fred was no knight, only a potboy armed with a kitchen knife he'd stolen from the inn. He died in Vegas, was hanged for rape."

"The War of the '96?" asked Christie.

"So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny."

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

What's that patch of light blue in west Alaska?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

William Bear posted:

What's that patch of light blue in west Alaska?

Friend Ben.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

:laffo:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

uncurable mlady posted:

Well it seems to have helped that being a bigot got big approval numbers in the GOP primary so I guess it's a self-fulfilling prophecy

I like that he pushes things that liberals think are bigoted but actually aren't. Its cool.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Mr Hootington posted:

Barack Obama was supposed to be the combo breaker.

No... there is... another.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I can't believe Rubio is gone now. It really is amazing times. even though this train has been going full steam since last summer (The Summer of Trump (TM)) I never really imagined we would actually be here at this point.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"Mathematically, Trump Is On Pace To Erase His Ohio Loss
Guess what? Trump could make up for all 66 delegates he lost in Ohio with huge delegate margins in Illinois and Missouri. In Missouri, Trump is clinging to a lead of just 2,400 votes, but IF things continue as they are, Trump will capture 47 of Missouri’s delegates to just five for Cruz. And in Illinois, where Trump is winning about 40 percent of the vote, he could win all but a handful of congressional districts, giving him perhaps 60 of the state’s 69 delegates. Wow."

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rocks posted:

I can't believe Rubio is gone now. It really is amazing times. even though this train has been going full steam since last summer (The Summer of Trump (TM)) I never really imagined we would actually be here at this point.

The best part is that we now get to refer to him as One Term Senator Marco Rubio, and even that is only half true.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Montasque posted:

After the Jimmy Saville/MP sex scandal is it that much of a leap?

It's one thing to agree that a legislator or television/radio guy would have the time to abuse children, and another to agree that the POTUS would. There's not much of a question on motive or desire - you have to be a pretty hosed up person to get into politics these days, or at least to remain in politics - but time is probably a limiting factor. A ring operating out of the WH? Sure, Quayle was probably in on it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Vox Nihili posted:

"Mathematically, Trump Is On Pace To Erase His Ohio Loss
Guess what? Trump could make up for all 66 delegates he lost in Ohio with huge delegate margins in Illinois and Missouri. In Missouri, Trump is clinging to a lead of just 2,400 votes, but IF things continue as they are, Trump will capture 47 of Missouri’s delegates to just five for Cruz. And in Illinois, where Trump is winning about 40 percent of the vote, he could win all but a handful of congressional districts, giving him perhaps 60 of the state’s 69 delegates. Wow."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEJrn9MlXN8

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Has this been posted before?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Karl Sharks posted:

Has this been posted before?

Now, when I was a baby, Momma named me after the great Civil War hero, General Nathan Bedford Forrest... She said we was related to him in some way. And, what he did was, he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan. They'd all dress up in their robes and their bedsheets and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something. They'd even put bedsheets on their horses and ride around. And anyway, that's how I got my name. Forrest Trump. Momma said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
little rubio's big gay day

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
little rubio wishes what they say about men with small hands was true

as big don penetrates his electorate over and over

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Maoist Pussy posted:

I like that he pushes things that liberals think are bigoted but actually aren't. Its cool.

Let's ban all people

based on

a religion

HAHAHA GOTCHA YOU FUCKIN' LIBERALS!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

You know what they say about guys with a small delegate total?

You can't trust 'em!

But seriously, it's kind of funny after how much Ohio was talked up as critical for Trump's chances to win that he may have made up the difference elsewhere by running up the score in the other states. I've got a feeling that'll take a lot of pundit-types by surprise if Trump stays on trajectory to score a majority.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dolash posted:

You can't trust 'em!

But seriously, it's kind of funny after how much Ohio was talked up as critical for Trump's chances to win that he may have made up the difference elsewhere by running up the score in the other states. I've got a feeling that'll take a lot of pundit-types by surprise if Trump stays on trajectory to score a majority.

538 had an article about this and it turns out they were totally right: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dont-sleep-on-illinois-and-missouri-they-could-help-make-trump-unstoppable/

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Dolash posted:

You can't trust 'em!

Considering the pundits have been violently wrong for months I don't see how any of them can even feel surprise anymore

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Considering the pundits have been violently wrong for months I don't see how any of them can even feel surprise anymore

Why do these people still have jobs, anyway? Is it some sort of social welfare program?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Does texas just support anyone from texas

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Uncle Wemus posted:

Does texas just support anyone from texas

But they’re going for the Canadian here. :confused:

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Cnut the Great posted:

Why do these people still have jobs, anyway? Is it some sort of social welfare program?

As soon as The Donald assumes the presidency all political pundits will be slaughtered and buried in mass graves where their constant revolving corpses will be used to generate unlimited free energy for the Trumpenreich

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cruz can be president of flyover country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Platystemon posted:

But they’re going for the Canadian here. :confused:

Suppose they went for the conneticut guy before...

And the Illinois guy too

• Locked thread