Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tenzarin posted:

Just when I think I have collected a bunch of clothing, there is always more to pick up.

I was so hyped to play dress-up but the firefighter coat they gave out on Facebook is the best, so I don't even really bother looking at other jackets I pick up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Holy moly a four person group in the DZ is fun as hell.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Dark Zone lag is utter bullshit. There's way to much a delay in actions at times.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy moly a four person group in the DZ is fun as hell.

I was in a 3-man group in the 1-14 bracket tonight, and we ran train on literally everyone.

I did notice some weirdness with DZ populations, though. In almost all of the DZs we were in, the player population was extremely low. Like, 2-6 people other than us, and sometimes literally no one other than us. I don't know how that is handled, but there really ought to be a way to get into more crowded servers, since after you've killed the same people a couple times, it's pretty clear how things are going to end the next go round. And that's not really fun for anyone at all.

And it's not just the low level. I was on a bit earlier by myself, and the DZ I was in was full of people. Grouping up got us kicked to a new instance fairly swiftly, though, and it had no one in it.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I was excited to get that low-level RPK crafted but was a little disappointed at still only 45 bullets.

Then at level 10 I got an M60.
:fap:

So many bullets! All the bullets! And the reload time isn't even very long! I can kill multiple people without having to reload!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Just when I think I have collected a bunch of clothing, there is always more to pick up.
I have over 350 combined accessory items across all categories, and am still picking new stuff up. There is always more to pick up.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Had a blast in the DZ tonight.

Had a weird situation where a group of two was trying to get my group of four to go rogue. They kept walking in front of our fire and stuff. I didn't understand it. Neither did the guys in my group. To help ourselves understand we went rogue anyway and killed them in about two seconds. We burned off our rogue timers and then were walking back to a checkpoint when the same two guys started shooting at us, they went rogue and we killed them. Again.

Group of two repeatedly takes on group of four. idgi.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

gibbed posted:

I have over 350 combined accessory items across all categories, and am still picking new stuff up. There is always more to pick up.

How do you even check?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Inspector_666 posted:

They absolutely need to put the Intrepid in the game. I was so sad when I realized I couldn't go oogle it from the street.

Dark coyote looks drat good on the Lightweight M4, at the least.

Alternate UN mission: dude gets away, you go take over the intrepid, fuel up the Blackbird and go chase that fucker down :getin: Yes I know that makes no sense but I don't give a gently caress it would be awesome as all hell

Also, orange is the only skin for LWM4/LVOA :colbert:

E: Also gently caress the DZ grind. There's a loving AUG A3 blueprint for sale and I'm so far away from it :smith:

E2:

According to reddit,

quote:

I started a new character and level 1-5 had one skin level 6-15 had a different and 16-30 another skin.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 16, 2016

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
I started today at 41.75 and got deranged to 40 and lost 250k credits after getting a rank 4 and rank 1 death. The Rank 4 sucked because we were less than a minute left and ran into a group of 4 and we were split up. At least at the end of the night I was up to 41.25 and only down 150k credits...

This grind is brutal, I'm seriously looking at getting a second level 30 rolling just so I don't care about losing XP and DZ bucks in the DZ.

Also doing planning for my low level twink. Is 1-14 or 15-19 the hot bracket to be in?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
who actually thinks group numbers matter in this? if you need groups of 4 to reliably win fights you're probably not in a position to act condescending about people's skills. unless you have poo poo dps the ttks are so quick numbers aren't really a huge advantage

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

bewilderment posted:

I was excited to get that low-level RPK crafted but was a little disappointed at still only 45 bullets.

Then at level 10 I got an M60.
:fap:

So many bullets! All the bullets! And the reload time isn't even very long! I can kill multiple people without having to reload!

I hear you. I'm the sort of person the cover hops until I'm right on top of things, which means specializing in SMGs, Shotguns, and sometimes ARs. inevitably I'll get in a bad spot where magazines run dry. With an M60 I can move on flanks and keep shooting until everything is dead. Still keep a pump action handy for whenever a bruiser or something is charging my position, and hooked it up with that talent that has a 50% chance of not costing ammo on headshots (makes the m60 magazine last a little bit longer!) means even if purple or yellow NPCs are charging my position I am usually not dying because I simply didn't have the ammunition to kill 'em.

Wall of lead, man.

I did slap a Loud Muzzle Break on the SOB, which disappointingly doesn't make the gunfire loud as gently caress, but it does introduce a fun gun report echo. Doesn't really help me, because my playstyle works best when NPCs aren't focusing on my position, but gently caress it. I love with the gunfire continues to echo after everything is already on the floor.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

who actually thinks group numbers matter in this? if you need groups of 4 to reliably win fights you're probably not in a position to act condescending about people's skills. unless you have poo poo dps the ttks are so quick numbers aren't really a huge advantage

It's not about winning fights, it's about rolling through every encounter without slowing down. When you got 4 guys to focus mobs down/pick each other up, it's a completely different speed than when you're alone and trying not to get flanked or overwhelmed by roamers, etc.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Naturally Selected posted:

It's not about winning fights, it's about rolling through every encounter without slowing down. When you got 4 guys to focus mobs down/pick each other up, it's a completely different speed than when you're alone and trying not to get flanked or overwhelmed by roamers, etc.

Something I haven't really been enjoying, actually. Game is at it's best when NPCs survive just long enough that a group has to coordinate, fix and and flank. Usually means duos are the most fun, but 4 players are OK on hard modes. Otherwise, the drat thing turns into little more than 3rd person borderlands, loot grind. Don't get me wrong, it is a loot grinder, but the moment these games smooth over and you don't have to may much attention to what you're doing is the moment they actually become unfun grinds. Different strokes, and all, so I'm glad there are hard/challenge modes to keep the instances alive when groups start steam rolling.

That said, I still wish there was some way or normalizing a group's performance for people who want a 'balanced' instance. Just starting up a new character and running the police station instance again is really good fun, because there's basically nothing anyone can do to get ahead, so the entire thing is incredibly well balanced.

EDIT: I understand a lot of this is contrary to the gametype, so I don't want to indicate I'm really bothered by it. It's more to note that once these loot grinders get to the point where it's simply going through the motions for better gear, they're "over" for me, and hard mode has been helping to 'fix' that, even if it isn't remotely efficient for progression.

EDIT 2: what channels should I go through to group up with goons on PC?

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 16, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Are burst fire weapons bugged? I picked up a really nice SA-58 that has a nice grouping and hits like a truck but it acts really weird. About half the time I fire the first burst in a magazine and the audio kind of cuts and it sounds like it's silenced. If I rapid fire further when it does that all of a sudden I get the sound of a full auto firing off like 9 rounds and my controller vibrates like it's going full auto. On screen nothing happens. Is this lag? A bug? wtc

:psyduck:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i wonder if this guy was mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDCOV-9nIs

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Just started playing this, anything important I should about before doing story stuff ?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Just started playing this, anything important I should about before doing story stuff ?

Exercise.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kiggles posted:

Something I haven't really been enjoying, actually. Game is at it's best when NPCs survive just long enough that a group has to coordinate, fix and and flank. , so the entire thing is incredibly well balanced.

EDIT: I understand a lot of this is contrary to the gametype, so I don't want to indicate I'm really bothered by it. It's more to note that once these loot grinders get to the point where it's simply going through the motions for better gear, they're "over" for me, and hard mode has been helping to 'fix' that, even if it isn't remotely efficient for progression.

You do realize no one is talking about regular mode or even hard mode, right?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kiggles posted:

I did slap a Loud Muzzle Break on the SOB, which disappointingly doesn't make the gunfire loud as gently caress, but it does introduce a fun gun report echo.

Elaborate...

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

You do realize no one is talking about regular mode or even hard mode, right?
Yeah, it was strange of me to think goons would be anything but max level already.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Do you one better. The post about the perfect way to build a pvp twink went up like 24 hours after release.

Also missions in this game are so loving easy you don't need a group. Unlike dark zones, where you're fighting elites that are 1-2 levels above max allowed in the bracket.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

How do you even check?
I counted manually, which was annoying.

The specific counts are: 110 jackets, 70 hats, 47 pants, 39 scarves, 38 shirts, 55 pairs of shoes.

According to reddit,
It's definitely more than three. We've seen a unique skin at level 5, 6, 14, and 30.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Speaking of a pvp twink for low level DZ, any opinions on what would be the useful skills to pick up since I'd be rolling with limited resources to build bases with? First Aid with the upgrades unlocked seems somewhat obvious for one. I was thinking seeker mine to apply a debuff/chase people out of cover for the other.

I'd love to get Survivor Link for a sig, but I dunno how tight I'd be squeezing XP to try and get that many resources, since it's likely I'd have to do at least some mid level missions to get them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaodai posted:

Speaking of a pvp twink for low level DZ, any opinions on what would be the useful skills to pick up since I'd be rolling with limited resources to build bases with? First Aid with the upgrades unlocked seems somewhat obvious for one. I was thinking seeker mine to apply a debuff/chase people out of cover for the other.

I'd love to get Survivor Link for a sig, but I dunno how tight I'd be squeezing XP to try and get that many resources, since it's likely I'd have to do at least some mid level missions to get them.

A signature skill and enough filters for the subway. Skills kinda suck.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tenzarin posted:

A signature skill and enough filters for the subway. Skills kinda suck.

Most of them did seem like they'd be kind of bad, but I figured a quick heal would be useful and either fire or poo gas would be useful as a debuff. Plus you get the base version of First Aid as your required upgrade for the medical wing as part of the base building tutorial.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So I got this a day ago, and I'm up to level 7 and tooling around trying to get base stuff turned on. I obtained a base grade Police M4 early on and it has been a very good gun. It's L4 and if the DPS meter stuff isn't screwed up, it out DPSes a bunch of poo poo up to level 8 or so. I slapped a scope, foregrip and extended mag on it, and it's still chugging along. I was dreading having to eventually get rid of it because everything else that seems to drop is either a shotgun or has an accuracy rating that's absolute poo poo. Then a side mission hands me a blue blueprint for a lvl 10 Police M4 :haw: . I'm getting definite flashbacks to having played Mad Max, what with all the roam around, kill stuff, get bits for base upgrades, scavenger crap everywhere, knock over named elite dudes for rewards and the highly annoying "3D world, 2D map, deal with it" nonsense.

So looking all all the skill & talent tree stuff I have a question. Will all of it eventually unlock, as most of it seems tied to base upgrades, or will I eventually hit some points ceiling and be hosed because I have absolutely no plan right now other than getting most or all the Med line crap ? I'm on PC, ingame is same as here if anyone wants to do lowbie crap around 12am EST any given day.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Zaodai posted:

You can absolutely get Survivor Link before 14. You'll be underleveled for a good bit, though, so either be good at shooting the mans, or get someone to carry you. I think I had all my desired medical wing stuff done by 11 or 12. Survivor Link is really, really great.

The trick to pulling this whole thing off is to only things that involve you getting wing unlock points. That means you're really only doing encounters, opening safe houses, and doing a few relevant main missions. Do not do sidequests. Do not give things to civilians in need. Do not kill things you can run past. Do not die repeatedly completing tasks, thereby getting more experience from killing mans over and over.

I personally run heal station/first aid/survivor link. However, I also have the upgraded riot shield unlocked, so I could use that if I wanted. I think I could also grab enough points to get a Tech thing if I really wanted to, but having a lot of healing options seems massively more useful.

E: This post was what I wrote up immediately after finishing up my alt, if you're curious. I really wouldn't change much, and you still end being able to grab a reasonable amount of stuff out of the other wings.

And skills are really important. First aid saves my rear end again and again, and it allows me to not rely on med kits except for emergencies. But relative to the medic skills, I think the other skills are hot garbage as far as lower levels go.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 16, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Only run main missions and the blue/yellow/green encounters. Don't collect(no phones, no labtops, no echos) or turn in complete area missions at a safe house. You could prob rack up alot of base points.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Any useful skill for solo PvP/PvE in DZ apart from First Aid/Survivor Link? I'm using Pulse atm but want to change it to something more useful.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Aesis posted:

Any useful skill for solo PvP/PvE in DZ apart from First Aid/Survivor Link? I'm using Pulse atm but want to change it to something more useful.

The healing station is a potential lifesaver, since you can rez yourself in its vicinity if you get downed.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I got my first yellow yesterday and it's a chest with only gunplay stat, and only healing bonuses.

Then I bought a packan LMG and that thing kicks like a mule but shreds elites. I made the mistake of putting a RoF mag on it, and now I run out of ammo *all* the time running DZ. My goon pals would be like "yeah I could use ammo I guess" and I'd be staring at the half spare mag left in my inventory like "yeah, we're hitting that safehouse"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah i've got a purple aug that i've been using. I have around 1000 ammo for it and it takes me 10 minutes at most to burn through it, its insane.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Anyone got pics of the yellow black market AK74? The tech wing vendor has a blueprint for it, and while I've got a whopping one bird buck to my name after buying the Vector blueprint, I'm curious if my lightweight M4 could stand replacing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dammit, run into the same problem as I did with Destiny. I can handle DZ3 and Hard Mode with zero problems, DZ4 is a bit tricky...but DZ5 and Challenge Mode are completely insurmountable. I get dropped if I'm so much as winged by an enemy, even with smart cover, but it still takes an entire clip to kill anything. Bah.

Looks like I'm just going to be stuck in the daily mission grind for phoenix credits a little longer.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Any goons around 25ish want to play on PC tonight? I wanna get to 30 but soloing feels very slow unless its a mission and I have done all of the side missions...

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You can absolutely get Survivor Link before 14. You'll be underleveled for a good bit, though, so either be good at shooting the mans, or get someone to carry you. I think I had all my desired medical wing stuff done by 11 or 12. Survivor Link is really, really great.

The trick to pulling this whole thing off is to only things that involve you getting wing unlock points. That means you're really only doing encounters, opening safe houses, and doing a few relevant main missions. Do not do sidequests. Do not give things to civilians in need. Do not kill things you can run past. Do not die repeatedly completing tasks, thereby getting more experience from killing mans over and over.

I personally run heal station/first aid/survivor link. However, I also have the upgraded riot shield unlocked, so I could use that if I wanted. I think I could also grab enough points to get a Tech thing if I really wanted to, but having a lot of healing options seems massively more useful.

E: This post was what I wrote up immediately after finishing up my alt, if you're curious. I really wouldn't change much, and you still end being able to grab a reasonable amount of stuff out of the other wings.

And skills are really important. First aid saves my rear end again and again, and it allows me to not rely on med kits except for emergencies. But relative to the medic skills, I think the other skills are hot garbage as far as lower levels go.

Any specific build for this? I'm at 11 and have a heap of room to develop stuff aside from medic skills but none of the tech or security skills or buffs seem that great for DZ at lvl 14. Zap turrets or sticky bombs maybe?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I've been trying to redeem that agentorigins code for the past few days

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/agent-origins/

thanks to whoemver pointed out that they used it today. It worked and now I have a police coat! The firefighter coat is pretty spiffy though.

My favorite gun skin is the urban camo one I got from the ubisorft rewards store but this neon green orange thing is just so comically out of place. Anyone got a dark red skin?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Nien posted:

Any specific build for this? I'm at 11 and have a heap of room to develop stuff aside from medic skills but none of the tech or security skills or buffs seem that great for DZ at lvl 14. Zap turrets or sticky bombs maybe?

Get all the medic wing stuff necessary for level 4 filters first. Then get the medic signature skill. Then get the rest of the medic skills you want. If you've done all that, go to the security wing. Get the unlocks that extend the length of incendiary/explosive ammo by 10s. After that, it's honestly whatever you want, because you're right: nothing else really seems terribly useful. I ended up getting Dark Zone Ops out of security. I may go back and grab the sticky bomb upgrade at some point and maybe figure out how to one-shot people with it. But that's just dumb gimmick stuff .The medic stuff is the stuff that matters. After that, have fun grinding the Dark Zone for gear.

Zap/flame turrets could be funny. I don't really know, I haven't seen anyone use them recently. My guess is that, if you surprise people with them, they'll panic. And a panicked pubbie is a dead pubbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone got pics of the yellow black market AK74? The tech wing vendor has a blueprint for it, and while I've got a whopping one bird buck to my name after buying the Vector blueprint, I'm curious if my lightweight M4 could stand replacing.
Pictures no, video yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BzVNCDn6iE

• Locked thread