Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

UnknownMercenary posted:

Oh wait, you need that one? I'm down for that. The really tricky part now is just Winters, and that's just up to the RNG.

poo poo, I still need Rep Beyond Reproach too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ghostnician confirmed for viable?

Yep, fart build, then stick the remaining points into tech for drills/C4 then Grinder. stick extra points where ever. You won't have MAXIMUM KILLING, but you will do fine.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ghostnician confirmed for viable?

I know you're mostly joking, but drat near anything is apparently DW-viable these days if you're competent, and if your group is willing to pick up whatever slack your dumb gimmick of choice creates.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Health regen and more powerful weapons have made that skill gap smaller too.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
For the difficulty masks, do you actually have to do every heist on every difficulty? Or will doing everything on OVK and DW, count for hard and very hard?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Hobold posted:

For the difficulty masks, do you actually have to do every heist on every difficulty?
yes

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

:effort:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yes

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Start grinding now before more maps come out.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I know you're mostly joking, but drat near anything is apparently DW-viable these days if you're competent, and if your group is willing to pick up whatever slack your dumb gimmick of choice creates.

The obvious big game changer for me has been health regen. DW was a bigger deal when you'd get cloaked at full health, then revived with one tenth of your health and downed again.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

The obvious big game changer for me has been health regen. DW was a bigger deal when you'd get cloaked at full health, then revived with one tenth of your health and downed again.

For sure. And before health regen was everywhere, FAKs were really useful. I don't feel like I need to bring them anymore, though, since everyone is running grinder/muscle.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If HP regen lets people bring goofy builds then I'm not gonna feel bad about bringing stupid guns.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
payday 2 in one image

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

in non-coincidental news, the rest of us are pretty good at 3-manning deathwish

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Psion posted:

in non-coincidental news, the rest of us are pretty good at 3-manning deathwish

To be fair you're speaking for your group. I don't think I'm good enough.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

To be fair you're speaking for your group. I don't think I'm good enough.

skunk the implication is that lucy is a bads

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I am Badacus

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coolguye posted:

skunk the implication is that lucy is a bads

no the implication is that the rest of us are good enough to carry a turret build on DW, LM is a competent player who just makes bad choices in builds

very bad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've confirmed that pretty much all of the gameplay-relevant bugs on GGC are fixed. Cameras point where they should, civs don't stack up in a static location, no more panicking staff.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSoLhIjeFGcDa:eda:ghEfCa:fRnOKEFGCda:ibcdea:pN8::w68-5-2-3:s66-16-11-7-9:a1 Is this build good?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Depends, what HUD are you going to use with it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

Depends, what HUD are you going to use with it

Nnnnnnnnnnnormal hud, why

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

It's usable, but I wouldn't call it good. Trigger Happy is never worth using; you can put those 4 points elsewhere, not even necessarily in the Fugitive tree. Acing Low Blow is usually a bad move but for the sake of the minigun I think it's fine. If you want to maximize the bonus, use the Gruber Kurz at 31 concealment instead of the LEO, although if you don't care about 3% crit/1% dodge feel free to keep using the LEO. Honestly though I think the main problem I have with it is that you don't have basic Cat Burglar and only basic Transporter; shameful quality of life goin' on in this build. And yet you've got Chameleon! Shameful.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ClonedPickle posted:

It's usable, but I wouldn't call it good. Trigger Happy is never worth using; you can put those 4 points elsewhere, not even necessarily in the Fugitive tree. Acing Low Blow is usually a bad move but for the sake of the minigun I think it's fine. If you want to maximize the bonus, use the Gruber Kurz at 31 concealment instead of the LEO, although if you don't care about 3% crit/1% dodge feel free to keep using the LEO. Honestly though I think the main problem I have with it is that you don't have basic Cat Burglar and only basic Transporter; shameful quality of life goin' on in this build. And yet you've got Chameleon! Shameful.

Well, I use a concealment boost on the LEO and Minigun, and chameleon is to boost my concealment. I'll rework it with the advice you've given, thank you!

edit: wait a minute..Chameleon's concealment boost only works in stealth, doesn't it? Son of a bitch

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Psion posted:

no the implication is that the rest of us are good enough to carry a turret build on DW, LM is a competent player who just makes bad choices in builds

very bad.

You're just mad my turrets out-killed everyone on Hotline 2 :colbert:

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone has crash issues when entering vehicles? A buddy of mine had three last night, one of them ruining our Black Tie Event attempt for him when getting in the boat. Somehow the game seems to desync and drop him. No mods, verification done, the usual.

It's not a new thing either, we've seen them from time to time, but only now have made the connection to vehicles.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSoLhIjeFGDa:efDa:ghEgCda:fROKEFGCda:ibcdea:pN8::w68-5-2-3:s66-11-7-9:a1

Drop the flash hider from the LEO, it doesn't push you into a new breakpoint. Cat burglar is necessary for suit builds IMO, you have to protect yourself from your greatest enemy: the staircase. Trigger happy is garbage, the stacks go away if you miss a single shot. Underdog, cleaner, and spotter are your reliable damage boosts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

edit: wait a minute..Chameleon's concealment boost only works in stealth, doesn't it? Son of a bitch
and even then only in casing mode, not stealth with mask on

never get chameleon

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Mark my words, Guessing Game will be the death of me.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

ECM rush and hit switches randomly until you get it?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

That thing is horrible. Even doing it on normal I wanted to shoot myself after about an hour. Never gonna try that again.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

oohhboy posted:

ECM rush and hit switches randomly until you get it?

ECMS don't keep the alarm from tripping when you cut the wire.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

ECMS don't keep the alarm from tripping when you cut the wire.

It doesn't matter. Trip alarm, restart. Ecm are there to let you move around quickly. Completing the map is optional.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

oohhboy posted:

It doesn't matter. Trip alarm, restart. Ecm are there to let you move around quickly. Completing the map is optional.

Afaik you have to complete the heist in stealth without hacking the computer, so no completing the map is not optional.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
You can 2-man guessing game so find another buddy who needs it and grind it out. There is a correct first cut and correct second cut, not two correct boxes, so its 1/12 you get the right combo. ~20 runs should get it accounting for stealth flubs.

Good tip: have one person stealthing and the other brings a saw to get through the doors faster. if you get spotted you can ecm to remain in stealth and just try two wires, saw the doors and run back to the van within 2 min

Source: ive gotten guessing game for 4-5 people because im a crazy person

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I'm not sure how but I definitely just did it on my own & nearly had a heart attack. Thank you for sharing this moment with me, thread.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Now that the Dockyard lab spawns every time, Guessing Game remains as the one most bullshit luck based cheevo in the game.

I guess They See Me Bagging is another pretty bad one, but that one can be done by grinding Transport: Harbor a bunch on normal with saw + c4 build. It's not as bad as doing a bullshit stealth job the most retarded way possible and you can bring friends to dick around with completely outlandish builds and loadouts so it could even be entertaining for a while.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Afaik you have to complete the heist in stealth without hacking the computer, so no completing the map is not optional.

You don't need to, once you flip the second switch, the achievement pops. You just brute force it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I am a conscientious objector to Guessing Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

oohhboy posted:

You don't need to, once you flip the second switch, the achievement pops. You just brute force it.

Actually genius, you're wrong. Source: I just did the achievement & it did not unlock until I was standing in the escape zone with the server secured in the van.