Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Kasich isn't going anywhere when he's the new establishment darling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

cheese eats mouse posted:

Kasich isn't going anywhere when he's the new establishment darling.

Bingo. This race just keeps getting interesting in new and exciting ways.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Someone bought my remaining 900 shares of Sanders Ohio Yes this morning. Berniebros are the new Ron Paul Guys.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Arkane posted:

10 dollar bill market

quote:

The Secretary thanked Miranda for the ingenious way in which he has been able to tell Hamilton’s story and ignite a renewed interest in one of our nation’s founding fathers. Secretary Lew also reiterated his commitment to continue to honor Alexander Hamilton on the 10 dollar bill.

https://medium.com/@USTreasury/in-photos-lin-manuel-miranda-visits-treasury-5d0b3bf42392#.bdo42i9ik

Is that at all relevant?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This went through while I was sleeping. Sorry buddy!

(always buy in increments of 100 or 69)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

a cop posted:

Bingo. This race just keeps getting interesting in new and exciting ways.

I can see him dropping out next Tuesday when he fails to get anything in the West. Granted pass MO I don't know much about the Western Plains state demos. I know religious, but that can go to Trump or Cruz.

Bernie's next hold out I think we'll be seeing is the Washington caucuses. Going to keep taking Bernie Bro money.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

My new darling buy is Cruz in Arizona. Running at 15-20 Cents. Closed primary, Mormon population, some evangelicals, latinos. He has been the only candidate on TV there. I think it is closer to a tossup.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

G-Hawk posted:

My new darling buy is Cruz in Arizona. Running at 15-20 Cents. Closed primary, Mormon population, some evangelicals, latinos. He has been the only candidate on TV there. I think it is closer to a tossup.

Ehhh it's possible but I think that's a fair price. Lots of republicans love Trump here, and even Kasich has appeal.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

G-Hawk posted:

Worth noting: 270,000 ballots already have been cast there. I do like your other factors listed in support of Cruz, though.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Has Trump won 50% of a state yet?

With Rubio out, I'm curious to see how things are going to wind up. Almost to the point of having TRUMP and one NOT TRUMP. I cannot imagine that there are a ton of Rubio voters with Trump second, but - who the hell knows?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

C7ty1 posted:

Has Trump won 50% of a state yet?
Northern Mariana Islands
...and almost Massachusetts

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
There are no good markets right now :/

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

AHH FUGH posted:

Yeah I think I'll pull some out and go play blackjack

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Looks like the debate is cancelled!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AHH FUGH posted:

Lots of free money sitting around to be picked up in the Missouri markets.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Flipped a bunch of .93 to .98 overnight, doing it again. Berniebros are worse than Paulites.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah i dumped it all in there but it's like 2c/dollar

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AHH FUGH posted:

yeah i dumped it all in there but it's like 2c/dollar

That's pretty good since it'll get resolved in like a day.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

AHH FUGH posted:

I grabbed 100 of Hillary Yes HI last night at 32 and just flipped them for 54. I feel like there's going to be enough volume in that market to make incremental gains over the next few days.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
I know AK went overwhelmingly for Obama but is 21-25c for Hillary reasonable? Closed caucus, so bonus to Hillary for Dems only, but also obviously a very white/working-class/anti-establishment state

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah after Sanders getting swept last night, you have to think momentum is as momentum does - and right now there are some skyhigh prices for Bernie YES in Alaska, Idaho, Utah, and Washington based on polls that came out pre-Tuesday beatdown.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I still think BROKERED.NO is a good buy. It's going to be very easy for Trump to start sweeping now that we're leaning heavily into winner-take-most/all states.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Necc0 posted:

I still think BROKERED.NO is a good buy. It's going to be very easy for Trump to start sweeping now that we're leaning heavily into winner-take-most/all states.

But doesn't he just have to lose one of those for his shot at an unbrokered convention dropping?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
He only needs about half of the remaining delegates iirc. He can still lose plenty of states.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like the RNC is really downplaying how devastating a convention fight is going to be. I wonder if they will come to their senses eventually.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

thethreeman posted:

I know AK went overwhelmingly for Obama but is 21-25c for Hillary reasonable? Closed caucus, so bonus to Hillary for Dems only, but also obviously a very white/working-class/anti-establishment state

Do we know anything about the state further? I see an old poll from January with Clinton up 3. But I know there was also Cruz winning out over Trump...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Necc0 posted:

He only needs about half of the remaining delegates iirc. He can still lose plenty of states.

He could get low–mid forties and still hit 1237 because of the non‐proportional nature of the remaining delegate allocation.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

nachos posted:

I feel like the RNC is really downplaying how devastating a convention fight is going to be. I wonder if they will come to their senses eventually.

Yeah it's also worth keeping in mind that Trump doesn't even need to pass the 50% mark to avoid a brokered convention. If he's within a few percentage points they'll just give it to him anyways to avoid the party from imploding.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

nachos posted:

I’d say crib from this LBJ ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnWCQakuJT0

But who the gently caress knows in today’s political climate? HRC is also no LBJ.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Necc0 posted:

Yeah it's also worth keeping in mind that Trump doesn't even need to pass the 50% mark to avoid a brokered convention. If he's within a few percentage points they'll just give it to him anyways to avoid the party from imploding.

If it were anyone but Trump maybe, but the party leaders HATE him. At this point even more than they hate Ted "gently caress That Canadian gently caress" Cruz. If Trump doesn't have the full number of delegates needed they'll try and ratfuck him. Especially since Cruz and Kasich will be demanding a fight.

A brokered convention is still unlikely, but that's because with the winner take all states Trump will likely get the 59% or so of the remaining delegates he needs. If nothing else than off momentum.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
There are some people on the right calling for a Garland vote, such luminaries as Ken Starr, but it might be enough to be able to flip the market for any confirmation on a SCOTUS nominee, which is currently at .40. I bought in at .32 this morning.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Not much going on right now, but I'd like to change that. I only have three or four long positions active right now. My portfolio has largely been low risk, no coinflips or lotto tickets. What positions are y'all building up for next Tuesday?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

So about that AK poll...

Does anyone know if the AK Democratic party has new registration numbers up somewhere?

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

I've got nothing for next Tuesday but have bought the cheap shares of Bernie NO in the states after that. I'm hoping Hillary's lead and momentum will raise her prices enough to make some good flips.

Also I'm not touching the Brokered market. There is a lot of time left and I think everyone is going to be doing everything they can to derail the Trump train before then. Who knows what crazy things will happen. However if I had to I would buy Brokered NO.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

C7ty1 posted:

So about that AK poll...

Does anyone know if the AK Democratic party has new registration numbers up somewhere?

Found the numbers for my own question:

http://www.elections.alaska.gov/statistics/2016/JAN/vi_vrs_stats_party_2016.01.03.htm
This is from 1/3/16. Namely, at the bottom, it states 70249 Democrats.

http://www.elections.alaska.gov/statistics/2016/MAR/vi_vrs_stats_party_2016.03.04.htm
This is from 3/4/16. 70187 Democrats.

If the poll holds, it looks like there hasn't been a huge rush to register for Democrats in AK. Good news for Clinton?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nachos posted:

Yeah but they think Trump heading the party will be even more devastating. It'd be a massacre electorally.

The GOPe thinks they can steal the nom from Trump and the Trump faction will fall in line and vote for Romney or whoever the gently caress. It's wishful thinking but hey it's worked every election so far.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Also...

:siren:

quote:

PredictItAdmin Mod • 9 minutes ago
🏆 Featured by PredictIT
We are extending the End Date until the vote from all precincts, including absentee ballots, is reported.

MO.DEM, Sanders is up to past .10....!!!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

C7ty1 posted:

Also...

:siren:

MO.DEM, Sanders is up to past .10....!!!
Is there a MO state authority posting hard numbers and what else must be counted?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Peachstapler posted:

Is there a MO state authority posting hard numbers and what else must be counted?

Yes: 100%. However, there are apparently some absentee and overseas ballots outstanding. So the question was - with full reporting, but with absentee ballots in such a close vote, did PredictIt stick to the letter or spirit of the rules, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I'm more concerned with Bernie.NO down to 80 cents and I have about $4200 in liquid to dump here if I can take advantage of the facts, unfortunately it's impossible to gauge how people voted on absentee returns (or if it'll be enough to change things).

• Locked thread