Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

housefly posted:

I personally don't feel $400 is too much to ask for a VR headset. Especially if it's good. Hell, a lot of audio only headsets are over $300.
If it's good. In the past they've all been gimmicks with terrible support and a horrible waste of money. That was like decades ago though, so who knows?

Still, having to pay more again than the cost of the PS4 itself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

wasnt the camera sold out for awhile during the ps4 launch when smoking weed on playroom streams was a thing?

what do you mean was a thing

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

I'm not averse to paying that amount for PSVR, but then I'm pretty excited for VR and the fun stuff you could do with it beyond games. If it gets decent indie dev support and/or can be hooked up to a PC and used outside of the PS environment (yeah, I know, not holding my breath) I'll be all over that poo poo. Also, I want the hell out of a virtual cinema to watch films in and if the HMD resolution were high enough that I could watch a blu-ray on a big screen in acceptably high definition I'd buy it day one, but it isn't.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Saoshyant posted:

NA deal for PS3 owners: digital code of the Sly Cooper Trilogy for a whooping $2.50. Store seems safe.

This is an amazing deal but I have a question. I'm like 90% sure I bought the Sly Cooper collection but all I can seem to find on PSN is Thieves in Time and Thievius Raccoonus, which clocks in at 5GB. Is the Thievius Raccoonus on PSN actually the whole trilogy?

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

This is an amazing deal but I have a question. I'm like 90% sure I bought the Sly Cooper collection but all I can seem to find on PSN is Thieves in Time and Thievius Raccoonus, which clocks in at 5GB. Is the Thievius Raccoonus on PSN actually the whole trilogy?

You may have to dig through your purchase history to find them.

edit: I found this while checking for myself since I KNEW I had bought it awhile a

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-sly-collection/cid=UP9000-NPUA80711_00-PS3SLYCOLLECTION

juliuspringle fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 16, 2016

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

juliuspringle posted:

You may have to dig through your purchase history to find them.

edit: I found this while checking for myself since I KNEW I had bought it awhile a

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-sly-collection/cid=UP9000-NPUA80711_00-PS3SLYCOLLECTION

Thanks! I had indeed bought it and I'll throw it on my PS3 so I don't lose it again.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

Yikes. I don't know what's kept you from playing it, but I'm hoping that you just don't know what you've been missing and not that you gave it a shot and didn't like it. <=)

Yes, it was the former. It came bundled with my PS3 and I just never got around to it.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

Thanks! I had indeed bought it and I'll throw it on my PS3 so I don't lose it again.

The collection throws all 3 games on individually so if you aren't gonna get to 2 or 3 for awhile (if you are starting at 1, maybe you already beat 1 who knows,) you can always just delete the second and third games to save space and leave the first 1 installed. I believe they give you installers for each game and it just treats it like you bought the games seperately.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gigantic sale on EU PSN, Easter sale lasting more than 15 days, ridiculous amount of stuff on sale for the three consoles. Standouts: Yakuza 5, Miku games, PS2 classics (Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy).

https://psprices.com/region-fr/index

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
If I get the digital version of a game I have on disc does it just use all my old saves and settings? Loads of stuff in that sale that I still play now and then. Figure I might go digital with them and trade in the discs.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Gravy Jones posted:

If I get the digital version of a game I have on disc does it just use all my old saves and settings? Loads of stuff in that sale that I still play now and then. Figure I might go digital with them and trade in the discs.
It's not consistent, especially with PS3 games. You should probably be okay but I've heard there are exceptions and I have no idea how you would find them

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Might not risk it then. Looks like I'm still going to have to stand up and change a disc now and then.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I think the exceptions are games that didn't have a digital version when they came out, and usually it's spelled in the store page (e.g. Yakuza 4). I think you will be fine, though it doesn't hurt to search the web for "game name digital save incompatible" or something like that.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
poo poo, I had no idea PSVue had gone nationwide. When you count all the bullshit HD upcharges and multiple set top boxes for every room, I'm gonna save an easy 50 bucks a month. AND I'm getting more/better channels. gently caress your rear end, comcast.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Gigantic sale on EU PSN, Easter sale lasting more than 15 days, ridiculous amount of stuff on sale for the three consoles. Standouts: Yakuza 5, Miku games, PS2 classics (Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy).

https://psprices.com/region-fr/index
Just yesterday I considered getting Mercenary Kings, but thought "eh I've got enough going on and it'll probably go on sale eventually." I would have been so angry. :v: (I know it's not supposed to be that great but I might as well throw some cash Paul Robertson's way.)

Really good deal on Sleeping Dogs (PS4) too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Any news on a us Easter sale?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nope

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If they do an Easter sale, I works guess it would be a flash sale, which she still due for this month.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

If they do an Easter sale, I works guess it would be a flash sale, which she still due for this month.

yeah probably next weekend.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

barren_sky posted:

And $630 including tax in Canada. Ouch.MSRP is CAN$550.

Tax rates are different in every province.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a list of games, or some kind of symbol for games that are cross buy on PS4/Vita. Also, how does it work, do you just buy one version and then download it on the other?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anora posted:

Is there a list of games, or some kind of symbol for games that are cross buy on PS4/Vita. Also, how does it work, do you just buy one version and then download it on the other?

Annoyingly there's no easy way to tell, but descriptions will say "buying this also includes the PS Vita version!" or some such. Usually if you buy one version it just adds every version to your account, although maybe with some titles what it instead does is make it so you can buy the other version(s) for free.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

on a games store page it will say like "purchasing this entitles you to the ps4 and ps vita versions" below the game description. it adds both versions to your download list

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Friendly heads up that Vue is dope and you should really get it.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Anora posted:

This store page should give you access to the various cross-buy categories (PS4/Vita, PS4/PS3, PS3/Vita).

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Reverse Centaur posted:

Tax rates are different in every province.

Beyond the fact that they're crying it's $20 more in Canada. Wow. 5% higher. Dang.

People are weird.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

This store page should give you access to the various cross-buy categories (PS4/Vita, PS4/PS3, PS3/Vita).
Handy! I can't even imagine how many times I looked past that little "Cross-Platform" link on the side and never even noticed it. So if you lose the bookmark just look for that.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

ddogflex posted:

Beyond the fact that they're crying it's $20 more in Canada. Wow. 5% higher. Dang.

People are weird.

You mean $150 more, right?
It's not Sony's fault the Canadian dollar has dropped 25% over the past couple of years. It still sucks for those interested in VR.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The webstore no longer allows me to sort by system when browsing the weekly sale. That's pretty bad.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Wendell posted:

The webstore no longer allows me to sort by system when browsing the weekly sale. That's pretty bad.

This still works: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~vita%2Cpsp|

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
we should be due for flash sale this weekend, eh boys?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Or next weekend. That's Easter.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Quoting from the Video Game Deals thread:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Ineffiable posted:

Or next weekend. That's Easter.

didnt even think about that. dang.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
NA seems to have a flash sale going on this weekend. Prices don't seem to be up yet though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SpacePig posted:

Quoting from the Video Game Deals thread:

FUK

Oh well, I just lost $10 last week. I'll survive.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Watrick posted:

NA seems to have a flash sale going on this weekend. Prices don't seem to be up yet though.

It's pretty meh, hoping we get a Easter sale like the one the EU has going on right now at some point.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's pretty meh, hoping we get a Easter sale like the one the EU has going on right now at some point.

All 3 Fatal Frame games are less than $1 each and Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands is only $1 something.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

enojy posted:

FUK

Oh well, I just lost $10 last week. I'll survive.

I did the 2 $50 card for $80 thing last week, and used one of those cards to re-up Plus, so I guess I technically broke even with this. But still, kinda sucks that it happened literally a week later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

John Romero posted:

didnt even think about that. dang.

I don't mind being proven wrong about this.

Peggle 2 on ps4 for a dollar fifty? Don't mind if I do!

• Locked thread