Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i listen to the radio for exactly as much time as it takes for me to roll over and press the "alarm off" button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

the most mundane page snype

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Philadelphia shibboleths getting real in here.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

I know DC is all super trendy and affluent now, but the DC of the 1990s was portrayed in the media as an utter hell where morgues were full of decaying murder victims because the city couldn't afford to keep the freezers on.

I'd love to live in Georgetown if I could afford to.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PuTTY riot posted:

i like how this isn't really a joke

i like how someone tagged his hollywood sidewalk star w/ a swastika and it's an open question whether it was a supporter or protester

Apr 7, 2003

I always took you for more of a Foggy Bottom guy

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like how someone tagged his hollywood sidewalk star w/ a swastika and it's an open question whether it was a supporter or protester

really? :sigh:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

I know DC is all super trendy and affluent now, but the DC of the 1990s was portrayed in the media as an utter hell where morgues were full of decaying murder victims because the city couldn't afford to keep the freezers on.

it still has the highest rate of HIV infection in the country

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

I always took you for more of a Foggy Bottom guy

don't post the name of my bidet owners club

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Philadelphia shibboleths getting real in here.

did you know tim and eric are from east pa? they got their entire aesthetic from wfmz. i can't find it now but there's an interview they did where they sing the kyw and service electric jingles

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i listen to the radio for exactly as much time as it takes for me to roll over and press the "alarm off" button

Local independent radio is a great way to find new music

I listen to Mongolian indie rock if it weren't for community radio

Apr 7, 2003

GameCube posted:

did you know tim and eric are from east pa? they got their entire aesthetic from wfmz. i can't find it now but there's an interview they did where they sing the kyw and service electric jingles

Lol I had no idea, Tim is from Allentown. I grew up in Northumberland County and have family in Allentown. Dorney fuckin park

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

our local independent music station has only one good show, and it's on during prime time so i never listen to it. but i wrote a python app to scrape the playlist from it and make a spotify playlist for me. i do not donate to this station.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

GameCube posted:

our local independent music station has only one good show, and it's on during prime time so i never listen to it. but i wrote a python app to scrape the playlist from it and make a spotify playlist for me. i do not donate to this station.

sounds like they should donate to you for doing all that work

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

The cool stations archive their shows and let you stream them whenever you want

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
fyi for those not in the area this is the DC metro area today

http://www.nbcwashington.com/traffic/transit/DC-Metro-Shuts-Down-29-Hours-Emergency-Safety-Inspections-372204272.html

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

There's a blues group from Mali coming to town in a few weeks because the radio station I volunteer at helps bring cool music here

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

sounds like they should donate to you for doing all that work

there's a json api to get the playlist and somebody already wrote a spotify library for python, it was surprisingly easy. i should post it i guess

Citizen Tayne posted:

Lol I had no idea, Tim is from Allentown. I grew up in Northumberland County and have family in Allentown. Dorney fuckin park

lmao check out the morning call's 404 page

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

The cool stations archive their shows and let you stream them whenever you want

they're not a very cool station. other than this one good show, all they play is blues and boring-rear end Adult Alternative.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

GameCube posted:

they're not a very cool station. other than this one good show, all they play is blues and boring-rear end Adult Alternative.

We have a 3 hour long show all about rock and hip hop from Spanish speaking countries

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
one eight seven seven cars for kids, K A R S cars for kids, one eight seven seven cars for kids, donate your car today

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

We have a 3 hour long show all about rock and hip hop from Spanish speaking countries

the good station is the carnegie mellon station. aphex twin pretty much 24/7 except when democracy now! is on

Apr 7, 2003

They're changing the name to Chinese Midwestern University, I hear.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

one eight seven seven cars for kids, K A R S cars for kids, one eight seven seven cars for kids, donate your car today

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

keyboard vomit posted:

Local independent radio is a great way to find new music

I listen to Mongolian indie rock if it weren't for community radio

i mostly just listen to german death reggae and halloween sound effects from the 50s

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Sniep posted:

DO YOU HAVE A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT OR ANNUITY AND NEED CASH NOW

Apr 7, 2003

Pumpy Dumper posted:

DO YOU HAVE A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT OR ANNUITY AND NEED CASH NOW

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juSe13nSaYg

Every commercial is a scam now. Our NPR station plays ads for Cancer Centers of America and talks about their "special diet" to "boost your immune system while you undergo treatment." It that isn't a scam taking advantage of the desperate, I don't know what is.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Every commercial is a scam now. Our NPR station plays ads for Cancer Centers of America and talks about their "special diet" to "boost your immune system while you undergo treatment." It that isn't a scam taking advantage of the desperate, I don't know what is.

first niagra is running some poo poo about how $200 will change your life

uni of phoenix is running some poo poo like 'this person is killing themselves to get a degree so employers will look at uni of phoenix grads harder.' really hosed up

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!
I planted some seeds last week and they're just starting to poke out of the soil. It's a big dill

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

uni of phoenix is running some poo poo like 'this person is killing themselves to get a degree so employers will look at uni of phoenix grads harder.' really hosed up

We are four years from "RAM TRUCKS WILL GET YOU ALL THE PUSSY"

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

graph posted:

I love BRANDS!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Citizen Tayne posted:

the 2000s was last decade actually

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

smoke tarrlytons or gently caress YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

bump_fn posted:

the 2000s was last decade actually

There's still the tiniest whiff of subtlety yet

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

Citizen Tayne posted:

I never expected such optimism from you

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

this already happened

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

keyboard vomit posted:

I love BRANDS!

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

nice dwarf fortress map

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

one time i saw a show about ADHD on WQED and flipped to it thinking i was gonna learn something, turned out to be a garbage infomercial for a garbage man https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...c13e_story.html

can't believe the home of fred rogers and rick sebak has to resort to this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzP2yzrKl28

• Locked thread