Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Polish Avenger posted:

Should have been obvious when Leonard Skinly is an anagram of Sandy Lore Link.

:aaa: :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
RSI Forums: Internet can't keep up with Updates

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

is this guy purposefully messing up everything that is a hominem

my god he broke my brain: homonym

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

SomethingJones posted:

Oculus launch titles:
http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/16/11234230/oculus-rift-price-launch-games-release

Adrift looks amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxMpadZIMQQ

Meanwhile, Star Citizen doesn't even have native trackir support. I can literally hear the foghorn on the VR ship as it slowly sails away, paaaarp........ paaaaaaarp...... paaaaa.......

This thread has made me do a 180 on VR from gimmick to loving awesome. I'm probably going to have to sell a ton of poo poo during a move this summer- I'm going to build a computer for Elite: Dangerous.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Star Citizen: day do care but its real Alfa

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
My new Stimpire-approved HOTAS arrived this morning.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It wasn't a Stolen Valor issue. Also, little known fact: I have several family members and friends in the military, and other govt. agencies

Anyway...

Someone posted here a Tweet to Sandi, after one of her stupid-as-poo poo Tweets. A reply was from someone claiming to be a Vietnam vet, congratulating her.

Since it looked suspicious (he referred to Sandi as "young"; which set off all the alarm bells in my chest), I wanted to check to make sure he was in fact a vet *before* I responded to a Tweet he was part of.

Then I checked the Twitter profile and saw clues about "daughters" creating his Twitter account; he's learning etc. At this point, the alarm bells in my torso were already going off.

Next I checked his followers and those he followed

Then I checked his online exposure

At that point, the warning bells on the balls of my feet were already making my legs twitch.

Then I checked the only online dB I know which has these records. It was now behind a paywall. And as I had started to suspect it was a dummy account, I wanted to find out how far down the rabbit hole the conspiracy went. How remarkable would it have been if in fact a dummy account, with adulation (like so many in their feeds) was traced back to them? That's like a Platinum mine of hilarity that's worth at least 50 pages here.

Not wanting to waste money, seeing as I already came to the conclusion that it was a dummy (a troll account didn't occur to me at the time btw) account, I decided to call up someone who does this stuff for a living. Just to make sure.

The results? Confirmed kill.

Then I posted the Tweets here

Then someone made the connection with the Twitter account image by posting an article with that same person's picture on it. And that was additional proof that I was right; and that the account - and the claim of being a war vet - were bogus.

Then someone excerpted a reply showing that some annoying (I too have limits) poo poo, Ravane, who I had blocked (here on SA) weeks back, claimed he was behind the account.

Meanwhile, I was already having an exchange on Twitter with the twerp (that would be Ravane, who foolishly burned a well-seeded troll account) who had chosen - of his own volition - to burn his account by Tweeting nonsensical rubbish to me, which clearly show he was behind a troll account.

The account was now a confirmed troll. Essentially, burned.

During all this, the utterly clueless SpazSpergs camping out in /r/Derek Smart/ were having a field day with self-owning bullshit that you couldn't make up even if you were high, and jacking off on a train to the Sound Of Music audio track.

The End.

ps: Again, something related to Star Citizen, in this case Sandi being trolled, ends up being good for about 25+ pages of unbridled hilarity. BONUS: proving once again that the kind of saps over on /r/Derek Smart/ are the special kind that having been separated from their money, didn't have much to lose in the first place, seeing as they were already senseless morons ripe for the fleecing.

I know I'm behind, but holy poo poo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'll never get over the "confirmed kill"

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Assuming this guy isn't just bullshitting, can Derek dox THIS guy to stop some elder abuse?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M7JsKqwow

:eyepop:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Solarin posted:

Flamed maple :swoon: very beautiful.

I told myself no electric guitars until I get as good as Segovia. There's a slim chance that won't happen in which case I'm gonna get a gretsch electromatic, i thought that's what you had at first glance. Love those f holes

I should post a real photo of my C7, the other one was just one I had already up.

one of my monthers, sorry for the poor quality.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ramc posted:

Assuming this guy isn't just bullshitting, can Derek dox THIS guy to stop some elder abuse?

that grandma? Thats her in the wheelchair getting her social security money stolen

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Doing a full internet detective background check on someone cause they replied to a sandi tweet is not unbalanced at all :laffo:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

The Stimpire bot army grows.

e: also wtf at a shitizen conning a mentally ill elderly woman into getting internet so he could steal from her. jfccccc

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kavak posted:

This thread has made me do a 180 on VR from gimmick to loving awesome. I'm probably going to have to sell a ton of poo poo during a move this summer- I'm going to build a computer for Elite: Dangerous.

VR has come of age and it is mindblowingly good.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Goobs posted:

The Stimpire bot army grows.

e: also wtf at a shitizen conning a mentally ill elderly woman into getting internet so he could steal from her. jfccccc

RSI tries to forget the Stimpire ever happened, others are embracing the Stimpire

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
... and furthermore the Star Citizen community must be destroyed. :sherman:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

orcinus posted:

No love for the Aquatimer and the pilots?

Not really my type is all.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 16, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Daztek posted:

RSI tries to forget the Stimpire ever happened, others are embracing the Stimpire

Virtual Reality will never be able to properly capture the sickening and heart breaking truths of the fourth stimpire.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

wot. tha. fuk.

e: i should learn to code and learn unity so i can make my best ever great space game.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:stonk:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Doing a full internet detective background check on someone cause they replied to a sandi tweet is not unbalanced at all :laffo:

No but you don't understand.

He thought the guy might be lying. On the internet.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Kavak posted:

I've said this before, but ANY cockpit game/sim that isn't doing VR this year is SUNK.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I hope this poster get attacked both on his forum and in real life.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wafflz posted:

Hey, it's different when it's your own family member :v:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation

Beet Wagon posted:

No but you don't understand.

He thought the guy might be lying. On the internet.

Oh poo poo. Carry on then.

And I hope the guy stealing internet from the old lady, if true, dies slowly and painfully.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TTerrible posted:

VR has come of age and it is mindblowingly good.

The Sony is 400 bucks (playstation) US so that isnt bad. But the rift/vive 1400+ Can for me. Although I have been on the band wagon for a long time - I am looking at waiting this round out. Especially since OVR is going Exclusive games route. That scares me.
Throw on the video card 600-800 more, I think prudence is correct right now. Although I am so tempted to pick up the vive and believe in what it can do - I dont want the walled garden that consoles are for PC.
I have the money but VR isnt cheap (hurting adoption rates) and could be niche but drat what it could do for sim racing and online in general.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 16, 2016

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

SomethingJones posted:

I've said this before, but ANY cockpit game/sim that isn't doing VR this year is SUNK.

Seriously.

Vive aside, the most VR ready games are going to be your flight/driving/racing sims and to skip that will be fatal.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Good thing Chris Roberts has about 5 dozen of the original Crytek devs working on Star Citizen which makes implementing VR in Star Citizen like flipping a switch

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Polish Avenger posted:

HRrrrrgh

Love a 335, such a good hollow-body texture to the tone while being relative compact.

It is a thing of beauty, sounds lush. I am really happy with it

Solarin posted:

Flamed maple :swoon: very beautiful.

I told myself no electric guitars until I get as good as Segovia. There's a slim chance that won't happen in which case I'm gonna get a gretsch electromatic, i thought that's what you had at first glance. Love those f holes

Epiphone Sheratons are my favourite budget 335 type guitar, can be had for not much at all

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Daztek posted:

Good thing Chris Roberts has about 5 dozen of the original Crytek devs working on Star Citizen which makes implementing VR in Star Citizen like flipping a switch

It was envisioned from the ground up and shouldnt be an issue!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6454360/#Comment_6454360

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6454655/#Comment_6454655

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6454912/#Comment_6454912

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Enigma of Amigara Verse

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:captainpop: Defrauding the elderly: Star Citizen!

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Toops posted:

Dude, your Barky Barktona is loving awesome! If you could, get me the lines in .wav at 24bit/48kHz, and I'll edit them and do some post processing. I'll share a draft with the class this week.

alright, i did 'em... 24bit/48kHz .wav - enabled downloads on this for ya https://soundcloud.com/sundownersa/solar-plebian-barky-sundowner
e: also the random grunts and cursing at the end were intentional because i realized you mentioned Barky climbs into his ship mumbling to him self :v:

figured i'd post 'em here seeing as something something most open game development in history

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 16, 2016

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Not many things make me laugh as this thread, and it always delivers
God the thing of the twitter incident made me truly fall down my chair.
Thanks for being here uncle Derek

I'm also quite amused by all the redditors that see and read this thread as a global effort to destabilize whatever dream they have now.
Reading this place without grasping the overall hilarity and sense of humor which comes out every post must be... well something like reddit i guess

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

intardnation posted:

It was envisioned from the ground up and shouldnt be an issue!

i'm sure chris envisioned all the way back in 1996 when he allegedly conceived star citizen

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
he's claiming it was a joke please hold the presses before we get reverse inverse trolled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Someone send sandi a screencap of that guy abusing his 87 year old neighbour,seriously.We need to kick up a fuss about that.

• Locked thread