Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

The Singing Chav posted:

The word 'unlistenable' appears on screen in this video and that word sums up the track nicely. :v:

New Al: Sound a lot like the worst bits of old Al.

Edit: also, not actually industrial at all but they're synthpop so I'll be excited about it in this thread - going to see Chvrches in a month's time!

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
The re work of Renascence on the first anthology is a crime against humanity.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

mennoknight posted:

The re work of Renascence on the first anthology is a crime against humanity.
drat not sure how that passed by me. Holy poo poo the vocals are atrocious. Some aspects of the music are better, but it weirdly cut down the awesome background chorus.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Danger - Octopus! posted:

New Al: Sound a lot like the worst bits of old Al.

Edit: also, not actually industrial at all but they're synthpop so I'll be excited about it in this thread - going to see Chvrches in a month's time!

Chvrches are cool though so it's deserved excitement! Unlike that new Al thing, it's nothing ministry haven't done musically and the lyrics are super cringe-worthy.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Ask-Ogre-Letters-Deathrock/dp/0976082217/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387210181&sr=8-1&keywords=jolene+siana

quote:

Teenage hell has never been captured with such intense honesty as these actual letters sent in the late ‘80s from a suicidal girl to the singer of her favorite band.

Go Ask Ogre peers into the world of a misfit "cutter" who lives with an abusive mother in the rust belt. A tailspin of suicidal depression and self-injury leads her to write Ogre, front man for the industrial rock band Skinny Puppy. Soon he receives a flood of elaborately illustrated letters and journals filled with Jolene’s most intimate thoughts—from her most painful secrets to hilarious observations and lucid realizations about her life and those around her.

At a concert, Ogre confides to Jolene that he has saved all her letters. Nine years later, a box from Ogre arrives at Jolene’s door. Re-examining the documents, she realizes that writing these letters had saved her life.

Go Ask Ogre compiles Jolene Siana's actual letters, artwork, illustrations, and ephemera into a unique and powerful story of an extremely troubled teen who made it through the worst years of her life, and, through the power of music and art, transformed herself in the process. It is heavily illustrated and full color throughout.

edit: it's over ten years old, but new to me

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 2, 2016

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Man, I am way late on this, but I finally gave 3teeth's album a listen after it popped up on Spotify, and it is pretty crazy how much it sounds like Quake 2 music, which is great because I have the Quake 2 OST on my phone.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I moved from Austin to Denton, TX.

Cheap rent! Good for someone who makes his living as a writer and editor. (My shitposting belies the fact that I'm a pretty good writer.)

I drove 45 minutes to see Seabound last week. Well here's a fact: Two weeks from now, High-Functioning Flesh is playing ... here in Denton.

Turns out, I picked the one small town in America that has industrial shows. How great is that?

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

Omi-Polari posted:

So I moved from Austin to Denton, TX.

Cheap rent! Good for someone who makes his living as a writer and editor. (My shitposting belies the fact that I'm a pretty good writer.)

I drove 45 minutes to see Seabound last week. Well here's a fact: Two weeks from now, High-Functioning Flesh is playing ... here in Denton.

Turns out, I picked the one small town in America that has industrial shows. How great is that?

I know that Austin had Elysium for an industrial-type music venue. Have you found any venues in the Dallas area similar to that?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ms. Happiness posted:

I know that Austin had Elysium for an industrial-type music venue. Have you found any venues in the Dallas area similar to that?
The Church. But it's only one or two nights per week and, oddly, most industrial acts don't play there.

From what I hear, the scene is waaay better here now. A few years ago it was weirdly hostile, negative. (Maybe drugs, I dunno.)

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
How did I somehow not know about Prurient? Frozen Niagra Falls turns out to be a loving amazing album.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

How did I somehow not know about Prurient? Frozen Niagra Falls turns out to be a loving amazing album.

It's real corny actually.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

A human heart posted:

It's real corny actually.

I like corn, evidently!

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

The only Prurient album I have is Bermuda Drain, but I like that one a lot. Looking over his releases on Wikipedia, holy poo poo this guy releases a lot of stuff.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The only Prurient album I have is Bermuda Drain, but I like that one a lot. Looking over his releases on Wikipedia, holy poo poo this guy releases a lot of stuff.

That and Time's Arrow are him at his most EBM. Moments of Frozen Niagara Falls too, but not as much. Be warned a lot of his stuff is just feedback and screaming...some good, some utter poo poo. His work as Vatican Shadow is a bit more techno and consistent.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Most noise dudes are very prolific anyway, but Fernow has a particular tendency to release any old thing that he does, even if it's a bit crap, so he's very inconsistent. The Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement side project is probably one of the best things he's done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPYEkfjRtRE

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
TIL that Stefan Poiss of Thyx and mind.in.a.box did the soundtrack years ago for an obscure space game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qNamqaVqk

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

He'd apparently done a bunch of games in the 90s but the only one that comes up on English credit sites is Motor City (1994). Don't know if he used an alias usually.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Cool find! It does sound a lot like MIAB.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

This is a remix of the Parsec intro music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxMCtckMwhs

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ah ha!

Also I don't if y'all had heard this yet. :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTT2jH_Kz2o

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Sounds awesome!

Also this which I stumbled across on ID:YD. (If it needs to be said here, the video is probably nsfw for most though I don't think there's any abject nudity.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lf6VXld2f0

Huge fan of ISC ... this is better than Utopia was.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Youth Code have apparently postponed their European tour, except for the Resistanz appearance.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Sounds awesome!

Also this which I stumbled across on ID:YD. (If it needs to be said here, the video is probably nsfw for most though I don't think there's any abject nudity.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lf6VXld2f0

Huge fan of ISC ... this is better than Utopia was.

Saying this is better than Utopia seems a bit early seeing as this is the only new track we've heard from the new album, although yeah, I guess it wouldn't need much to be better than Utopia. That album was a bit of a disappointment, but there were some legit great tunes, like Morpheus and Being Born. But who knows, maybe the new album turns out to be a total clunker, too? I do think it's a cool track, though, it seems to be hinting at a more interesting direction / feeling for ISC than Utopia. I guess the next single will be a club track so maybe that'll give us more of an indication of what the album sounds like as a whole.

Still really really need to catch this band live!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 15, 2016

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Youth Code have apparently postponed their European tour, except for the Resistanz appearance.

Also the weekend tickets for resistanz have almost sold out so yup, if you're on the fence... The last resistanz will be a sold out resistanz.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Babby Sathanas posted:

Also the weekend tickets for resistanz have almost sold out so yup, if you're on the fence... The last resistanz will be a sold out resistanz.

I couldn't be down for the full weekend, and the bands I wanted to see were spread across all three days so there wasn't any one day with enough bands I wanted to see to get me to pick up a day ticket :smith: Hopefully it will be a great send-off for 'Tanz though!

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
If any of y'all are gonna be at resistanz I'll be performing with iVardensphere! Come say hi!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Twiin posted:

If any of y'all are gonna be at resistanz I'll be performing with iVardensphere! Come say hi!

Goddamit now I'm sad about not going :suicide:

Also, how many people does iVardensphere actually involve these days?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Twiin posted:

Wow awesome! I'll try to say hi :D

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Goddamit now I'm sad about not going :suicide:

Also, how many people does iVardensphere actually involve these days?

I think we're gonna be 9 on stage?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's cool how sometimes obscure poo poo just surfaces on YouTube. A couple of days ago someone uploaded really nice, professionally recorded live videos from a Project Pitchfork show in 2001, and there are some cool rarities there as well (Orange Moon, Last Call). I made a playlist of all the videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnmauEqLVYgtUmB-rWIIdFn5YJ_bmuEkC

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Want a new youth code track? Of course you do

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-youth-codes-new-industrial-banger-the-dust-of-ancient-rome-20160322

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I'm slightly freaked out about industrial music in Rolling Stone.

Bits of that track really remind me of something else, and I can't think what it is. drat good though.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I'm slightly freaked out about industrial music in Rolling Stone.

That's not very surprising, it's not like the phrase 'industrial music' retains any of its original associations at this point

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
Huh, I forgot to post about it but a friend of mine, one of the other DJs at the night I spin at sometimes, is playing with The Gothsicles at Resistanz. That's pretty rad. Treat him right, UK!

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I hope those two go as supernova as possible. :allears:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Entropist posted:

Apparently Til Lindemann, of Rammstein, released an English-language album trying to outdo Combicrist: http://www.skillsinpills.com/main.html#music
Actually, after listening to a few bits I think this might be better...

I was listening to Rammstein and wanted to post "O man I loving love Rammstein" in a thread. Because of searching Rammstein I found Skills In Pills and I loving love you for it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well, the new Thyx is hands down the best of all Poiss's Thyx records. It's very mind.in.a.boxey.

The song "A.I." :sbahj:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 25, 2016

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Is it out already? Not on Spotify yet. It'll have to be bloody amazing to beat Below The City (especially The Street) for me.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Babby Sathanas posted:

Is it out already? Not on Spotify yet. It'll have to be bloody amazing to beat Below The City (especially The Street) for me.

yeah it's on spotify! It's awesome, but the most recent MIAB album is still The Best Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Also I'm heading off to Resistanz in a few hours :D :shepface: