Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So, Singer finished a couple more cars.

Jalopnik's got more of each one.

Holy hell. Singer just does poo poo *right*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

angryhampster posted:

Holy hell. Singer just does poo poo *right*.

They really do. I can't explain it at all. In general, I don't really care about 911s or Porsche in general, but I would do illegal things to own a Singer. I don't get it. They're just perfect.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

VikingSkull posted:

that's not a picture of a motorcycle burnout inside a car doing a burnout :colbert:

One time I saw a guy do a motorcycle burnout in the bed of a truck that was going down the road.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

They really do. I can't explain it at all. In general, I don't really care about 911s or Porsche in general, but I would do illegal things to own a Singer. I don't get it. They're just perfect.

I think mostly they just paint them really well and hire professional photographers.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Jesus Christ, Allpar doesn't even mention why it's called the Mopar Missile, and who exactly is participating in that aero test.

The answer is NASA

Link

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sagebrush posted:

I think mostly they just paint them really well and hire professional photographers.

Yeah.

Paint.

Ok.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

It's the whole package. Carbon body, lots of power, hand made custom interior and most importantly all the perfectly executed little details.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

VikingSkull posted:

Jesus Christ, Allpar doesn't even mention why it's called the Mopar Missile, and who exactly is participating in that aero test.

The answer is NASA

Link

That is awesome. Thanks!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

fyodor posted:

That is awesome. Thanks!

To be fair, like that article says it's not really NASA, but Chrysler's aerospace arm.

Though I mean, c'mon. They built a titanium tubbed car in 1974, haha

http://www.allpar.com/racing/missile/wire-car.html

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

BraveUlysses posted:

It's the whole package. Carbon body, lots of power, hand made custom interior and most importantly all the perfectly executed little details.

the braided wiring harness with full race speck pig tails is 30k alone.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Preoptopus posted:

the braided wiring harness with full race speck pig tails is 30k alone.
Paying a skilled technician a really generous wage and buying supplies couldn't possibly cost that much, so either that's an opportunity or it's something that's misattributed.

Do you have a source on that? Because I know a guy who would love to make that better and cheaper for singer.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
i just want to sit in it :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Darchangel posted:

Old news. son!
The Rocket 3 is the new hotness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td4j2iZkAHU

(the Rocket II is still beyond awesome.)

Goddamn :stare: 430hp, 0-60 in under 3 seconds, top speed 200mph. Being in open air with that much power has to make your peepee tickle like mad

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Krakkles posted:

Paying a skilled technician a really generous wage and buying supplies couldn't possibly cost that much, so either that's an opportunity or it's something that's misattributed.

Do you have a source on that? Because I know a guy who would love to make that better and cheaper for singer.

Tell him to take work from Chasebays then.
http://www.chasebays.com/

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
So I saw this guy a couple times on that show Counting Cars...

http://gordontronson.com/

...and here's a sample of his engineering work...

(there are 2 more engines on the OTHER side)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ozz81 posted:

So I saw this guy a couple times on that show Counting Cars...

http://gordontronson.com/

...and here's a sample of his engineering work...

(there are 2 more engines on the OTHER side)

Oh hey, that Roadster was on /BIG MUSCLE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UexiOL8I_3Y

That thing is fuckin rad.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeah.

Paint.

Ok.

This is wonderful and great and stuff but it's basically a show car. Like, would you actually want to thrash that on a real road in real life if you had one? Imagine that engine bay coated in filth and that carpet covered in dirty footprints and that beautiful paint covered in chips. You can't use it so what's it for?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I would daily the thing.
You dont know me. I would also buy the weight of the car in detailing stuff and the most comprehensive insurance.

But still, I would DD the poo poo out of them.

(Also because after expenses it would be my only car and home.)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

If I had enough money to buy a Singer Porsche as a toy, I would drive it like I stole it, and let it wear its battle scars with pride.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/qbcvSAT.webm

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Mustang is like a rock star that rose quickly to fame during the 60s, peaked in the late 60s then descended into drug abuse and obscurity during the 70s. For 30 years they only appeared in scandal magazines, until they eventually cleaned up and made a triumphant return in 2005 with a brand new album.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And then reached even higher heights in 2015.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I would daily the thing.
You dont know me. I would also buy the weight of the car in detailing stuff and the most comprehensive insurance.

But still, I would DD the poo poo out of them.

(Also because after expenses it would be my only car and home.)

Ding.

If I had Singer money, I'd drive it like god and the Germans intended and pay somebody to detail it monthly or so.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If I had Singer money I'd buy one to rag it about and never clean it simply to annoy people. It'd be maintained but gently caress cleaning it, it'll only get dirty again anyway... :v:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
if I had Singer money I'd have a Pro Street Ferrari with a blown Hemi

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Krakkles posted:

I dno man the thing is top notch full custom as it gets. The sound dampening is done by a guy who does private jets. What am I saying, just watch the Chris Harris.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJQ4hQSusjE&t=708s

Singer Money and I would have one of those bosozoku Diablos with two chicks in the passenger seat and Old Milwaukee cans filling the footwell.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 16, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I went on the Internet, and I found this:

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/british/you-can-buy-official-lego-caterham-seven

:homebrew:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Preoptopus posted:

I dno man the thing is top notch full custom as it gets. The sound dampening is done by a guy who does private jets. What am I saying, just watch the Chris Harris.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJQ4hQSusjE&t=708s

Singer Money and I would have one of those bosozoku Diablos with two chicks in the passenger seat and Old Milwaukee cans filling the footwell.

That was a great video.

Is there anyone who has hooned a more desirable list of cars around a racetrack than Chris Harris?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yes please.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Slavvy posted:

This is wonderful and great and stuff but it's basically a show car. Like, would you actually want to thrash that on a real road in real life if you had one? Imagine that engine bay coated in filth and that carpet covered in dirty footprints and that beautiful paint covered in chips. You can't use it so what's it for?

Other people may say they'll thrash it but I'd use it for exactly what it's for, a show car for looking at. If I had Singer money I'd get the Singer then keep it absolutely perfect while I thrash a much cheaper Z06 around town every day. But that's mainly because I wouldn't want to lose all the money it's worth. I wouldn't keep it pristine just because it's too beautiful to use, because just look at the donor cars they used to make them. These things are practically built from nothing so it's not like they can't make more anytime they want.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Slavvy posted:

Do you live inside of a muck plant? Because I'm able to drive my Not-a-Singer car (with gusto) and not have any of these things happen, and if I had a disposable $5000 a year for detailing money like a Singer owner would, my show car (8 year old daily driver) would probably look even cleaner.

The Singer is a race car that is meant to be rebuilt as required, so why not drive it like it's meant to be used and worry about your paint chip bill when it becomes an issue. You can always take a mortgage on the second yacht if a respray's cost is too daunting.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I can afford a Singer, I can afford to run Baja.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

All I want is to be rich enough to flay the doors off a car so expensive that everyone else would have it up on blocks in a museum.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Ygolonac posted:

I can afford a Singer, I can afford to run Baja.

This but with a 288 gto

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Veyron destruction derby.

The Chiron is coming out soon anyway, so I'm sure the price is going to drop :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Collateral Damage posted:

The Mustang is like a rock star that rose quickly to fame during the 60s, peaked in the late 60s then descended into drug abuse and obscurity during the 70s. For 30 years they only appeared in scandal magazines, until they eventually cleaned up and made a triumphant return in 2005 with a brand new album.

Whoa, whoa, hey now. I maintain that the SN95 / New Edge were awesome. I honestly hate the styling of 2005 - 2009 models, they didn't start looking good until the facelift.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Today I passed an ordinary looking sedan on the freeway and the next thing I know the dude is whipping past me in a rumble of V8 fury. I squint at the unfamiliar yet familiar logo and realize: it's a brand new Holden Commodore SS. On a southern California freeway. For several more miles this guy would drop back and then do a ridiculous pull up to 120 and repeat.

Didn't realize you could import those here.

edit: I guess he just bought Holden badges for his Chevy?

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 16, 2016

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday

fyodor posted:

Today I passed an ordinary looking sedan on the freeway and the next thing I know the dude is whipping past me in a rumble of V8 fury. I squint at the unfamiliar yet familiar logo and realize: it's a brand new Holden Commodore SS. On a southern California freeway. For several more miles this guy would drop back and then do a ridiculous pull up to 120 and repeat.

Didn't realize you could import those here.

May just be a Chevy SS rebadged, I think they actually offer that from the factory nowadays. Lots of GTO and G8 guys do the same thing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If it wasn't right-hand-drive it wasn't a real Holden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

T1g4h posted:

Whoa, whoa, hey now. I maintain that the SN95 / New Edge were awesome. I honestly hate the styling of 2005 - 2009 models, they didn't start looking good until the facelift.

This is true, the recent redesign is spot on, the earlier ones looked like poo poo.