Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If it is, they better have the headlights roll over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

track day bro! posted:

Man we just need the Sauber Mercedes, Nissan R90C and a Toyota 90C to have a rad group c race. The XJR-9 is one of my all time fav racecars.

Which Forza has the Sauber Mercedes? I thought this was in the game already but looking at the car list apparently not.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Couldve sworn the Sauber was in FM4 as DLC which is pretty lame not being in 6

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

I CANT BE MAD ABOUT ANYTHING EVER AGAIN

Awwww yeah, the motherfuckin Opel GT. Wanted that car in Forza for so drat long :allears:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

If it is, they better have the headlights roll over.

As if they could find a real world example where those actually still work to model it after.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I can confirm that the Opel GT's headlights do the flippity flop.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

L_Harrison posted:

I can confirm that the Opel GT's headlights do the flippity flop.

This solidifies this pack as perfect.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
Very excited for the Alfa P3 after the big piece on it in the latest Road & Track.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's cool and all but I'm a little confused at Turn 10's strategy for 2016 of just releasing new content without any hype or any announcement that it's coming. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release anything else for Forza 6 at this point to be honest. Even the Porsche expansion, the only "announcement" was an accidental leak on Amazon.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's cool and all but I'm a little confused at Turn 10's strategy for 2016 of just releasing new content without any hype or any announcement that it's coming. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release anything else for Forza 6 at this point to be honest. Even the Porsche expansion, the only "announcement" was an accidental leak on Amazon.

Turn 10 is completely incommunicado with their audience on basically every level anymore.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This is basically what happened to FM4 right before Horizon 1 was announced. And then when Horizon hit the stores, they were like "we'll keep up with FM4, doing bounties and updating the hoppers" and they didn't do that at all. So basically I think FH3 is near and they're focusing on that. Also what Cubey said.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I just want that PC version to not suck.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So how's the Xbox elite controller with Forza now that some of you had time to play with it? Do the sensitivity adjustments make a difference?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

This is basically what happened to FM4 right before Horizon 1 was announced. And then when Horizon hit the stores, they were like "we'll keep up with FM4, doing bounties and updating the hoppers" and they didn't do that at all. So basically I think FH3 is near and they're focusing on that. Also what Cubey said.

But I thought the horizon games were made by playground games with not much of T10 involvement apart from assets and the engine?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

holocaust bloopers posted:

So how's the Xbox elite controller with Forza now that some of you had time to play with it? Do the sensitivity adjustments make a difference?

I tried both methods of adjustment (the hard switches on the controller which allow the trigger travel to be shortened) and the software (which allows the trigger and stick linearity to be adjusted) and both are pointless. You can do much more by tweaking brake force when tuning a car. I also tried the paddles as shift paddles but braking and downshifting was very awkward.

All that being said, I love the controller. The extra weight, extended sticks, metal parts, and rubberized coating give it a real premium feel. It's probably not worth $150 to most people though. It doesn't make me any faster but it feels good in my hands.,

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

track day bro! posted:

But I thought the horizon games were made by playground games with not much of T10 involvement apart from assets and the engine?

I believe that it's Turn 10 that does all the car models, and that's three months per car.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

track day bro! posted:

drgitlin posted:

I believe that it's Turn 10 that does all the car models, and that's three months per car.
What I was referencing, and i think track day bro! was questioning, is that the people who ran the community bounties, monthly rivals, hopper rotation, etc... were the same people that ended up doing the same thing in Horizon as had been doing it in FM4.

They had promised to keep up the support in FM4, but that didn't end up happening. Same thing with FM5 and FH2, but not really as noticeable since both of those games had much smaller user bases.

So yeah, I'm predicting the same thing happening to FM6 after the last DLC pack.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Has anyone else been doing the Super Trofeo series? Granted it's not for a unicorn car, but it seems to blend something attainable and still reward the 1%ers.

The way they have it set up is pretty interesting. I've just been doing rivals, not the league since it's a clusterfuck. We finally got to upgrade and tune this week for Silverstone.

I don't understand the LRT Breeze tune that's at the top of the board. At least with a wheel. It's something Michael j fox would use.

I shared my own that I could run more consistently with. Mid aero settings same exact build tho. Bit of oversteer on the big carousels if you are going to slow. I ran 2:04.3, 2:02.9 dirty (dunno where tho)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

What I was referencing, and i think track day bro! was questioning, is that the people who ran the community bounties, monthly rivals, hopper rotation, etc... were the same people that ended up doing the same thing in Horizon as had been doing it in FM4.

They had promised to keep up the support in FM4, but that didn't end up happening. Same thing with FM5 and FH2, but not really as noticeable since both of those games had much smaller user bases.

So yeah, I'm predicting the same thing happening to FM6 after the last DLC pack.

Oh. Yes I think they just have the one community engagement team (or whatever it's called).

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

drgitlin posted:

Forza 5: 50 years in the making

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

Has anyone else been doing the Super Trofeo series? Granted it's not for a unicorn car, but it seems to blend something attainable and still reward the 1%ers.

The way they have it set up is pretty interesting. I've just been doing rivals, not the league since it's a clusterfuck. We finally got to upgrade and tune this week for Silverstone.

I don't understand the LRT Breeze tune that's at the top of the board. At least with a wheel. It's something Michael j fox would use.

I shared my own that I could run more consistently with. Mid aero settings same exact build tho. Bit of oversteer on the big carousels if you are going to slow. I ran 2:04.3, 2:02.9 dirty (dunno where tho)

I ran the league last week, really the leagues are super easy to get in the top 50% of players. Like you don't even have to do particularly well in the races, just run 10+ races and finish mid pack of a large lobby and you'll probably be in the 50% or at least in striking distance. The key is finding a 20+ player lobby to do your league races in, sure it's a clusterfuck. But 10th out of 22 players gets you more points than 1st in a 8 player lobby.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

PhancyPants posted:

Forza 5: 50 years in the making

I did the math and in the year 2066 we'll have Forza 31, and that tail light on that one car is still going to be the wrong shade of amber.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Ether Frenzy posted:

I did the math and in the year 2066 we'll have Forza 31, and that tail light on that one car is still going to be the wrong shade of amber.

Or the Ford GT's speedometer axis will still be reversed.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

metallicaeg posted:

Or the Ford GT's speedometer axis will still be reversed.
Or the front end of that Nissan still won't be precisely correct, driving people into a frothing rage at Turn 10's lies.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I understand how spergy it sounds to non-car people or even casual gamers/casual car people, but to get stuff like that wrong is kind of bad.

However, when T-10 goes to great lengths to proclaim everything has been redone for the Xbone, and it can be proven that no, it wasn't, I don't understand why they say that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't really care if they get everything perfect. Though they shouldn't say "We've redone everything" when there are cars that haven't been changed since Forza 2.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I understand how spergy it sounds to non-car people or even casual gamers/casual car people, but to get stuff like that wrong is kind of bad.

It sounds wildly spergy to me and I have a really huge videogame collection (for a casual) and a pretty decent driver's car (for a non-car person). I can see why you might care about it, but I sure don't. There is literally no reason for them not to be able to fix it other than they've come to the conclusion that their development time is better spent on literally ANYTHING ELSE.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

It sounds wildly spergy to me and I have a really huge videogame collection (for a casual) and a pretty decent driver's car (for a non-car person). I can see why you might care about it, but I sure don't. There is literally no reason for them not to be able to fix it other than they've come to the conclusion that their development time is better spent on literally ANYTHING ELSE.

Nobody really cared about that stuff beyond saying 'hey this is sorta off' until Turn 10 claimed to have redone everything. The R32 and SW20 models very clearly were not redone because they have the same flaws that they've had since Forza 2. It was this claim used as justification for cutting so much stuff from Forza 5 that made people angry, and rightfully so.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So do we all agree that Turn 10 simply cut and pasted the code for the cars from Forza 2 into the Forza 5 engine and the engine magically upscaled everything?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know about Forza 2, but in Forza 3 they were laser scanning cars to get as much detail as possible and then downgraded the quality of the model to run on the 360. This allowed them to add cars to later games with more detail. So there wasn't really anything to upscale from 3 onwards, they just had to go back to the source model and then modify it to a level of detail that works with the Xbone.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I'm sure when they laser scanned the cars and made the models, they didnt save them in their original resolution and only saved the lovely xbox360 versions.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know about Forza 2, but in Forza 3 they were laser scanning cars to get as much detail as possible and then downgraded the quality of the model to run on the 360. This allowed them to add cars to later games with more detail. So there wasn't really anything to upscale from 3 onwards, they just had to go back to the source model and then modify it to a level of detail that works with the Xbone.

And in fact, you can see this at work in Forza 3 and 4. Cars have much better detail in replays and especially in photo mode, and in 12+ player races in Forza 4 there was a very noticeable downgrade in the quality of details in the cars. It is especially noticeable in cars like the Ferrari 360, with its visible engine.

I believe the laser scanning of cars actually dates back to Forza 1, with track scanning being introduced in Forza 3.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can I tell which of my tunes are popular without loading each car? I'm raking in the cash but only know I'm really making money in class R.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Can I tell which of my tunes are popular without loading each car? I'm raking in the cash but only know I'm really making money in class R.

Same, I love all the 500 credit downloads, but no uses :haw:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Same, I love all the 500 credit downloads, but no uses :haw:
I have gone through all my downloaded vinyls and clicked A on them in order to "like" them. I have layer group rewards every time I log in but only 1 like, 0 uses. Whatever. I'm just hoping for good karma.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I get tonnes of downloads and uses but maybe 10-15% of those translate into likes outside of class R.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How does league progression work? I'm placing steadily better but I keep bouncing between Enthusiast and Grassroots. It would be nice to make it to Professional in the contact league to see if people drive with some goddamn respect.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shumagorath posted:

It would be nice to make it to Professional in the contact league to see if people drive with some goddamn respect.

:allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

How does league progression work? I'm placing steadily better but I keep bouncing between Enthusiast and Grassroots. It would be nice to make it to Professional in the contact league to see if people drive with some goddamn respect.

Here is a spoiler, i'm sorry in advance: They don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This week's Ghost League is a big improvement over this last week (basically, heavy SUVs). This week is A-Class AWD. This is especially cool for me because I love A Class and I also built a ton of AWD B Class cars for the Ghost League a few weeks ago. I can just upgrade them.

There is, however, one car I wanted to add, something with a replica livery.

So for A Class Ghost League week I present

The 1983 Howdy Sport Quattro:

...and I get to run my 037 Stradale! Woo!

:v:

• Locked thread