Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

OctoberCountry posted:

What's the story behind that?

Don't really know. Just that during the Oscars he was tweeting that he still had no intent on ever watching Fury Road no matter how many awards it won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

what a nerd

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

For real though Cody Rhodes comes off as that kid in high school that you hated because he was contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian and doesn't have enough tangible information or evidence to back up anything he says.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
not to speak ill of dusty, but that dude had some uncool beliefs/associates so i wonder how much that rubbed off on him.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
I believe everything Xavier Woods said about Cody on the Jericho podcast.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

lol

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Imagine choosing to learn how to wrestle from Shayne Hawke.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

LanceBurrito posted:

I believe everything Xavier Woods said about Cody on the Jericho podcast.

While we're talking about Cody As High School Archetype, Xavier on that podcast comes across as the type of guy who likes ever so slightly obscure things on the path of least resistance. Like when Toto is brought up and he says "dude, Africa? That is my JAM". Probably heard it for the first time in that episode of American Dad.

He's great in New Day (except when he makes gaming references) but real Austin is grating and unbearable, from saying 'Welcome to up up down down' like he has a hernia to his Miz-like inability to say anything remotely revelatory or surprising.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

magnum_valentino posted:

While we're talking about Cody As High School Archetype, Xavier on that podcast comes across as the type of guy who likes ever so slightly obscure things on the path of least resistance. Like when Toto is brought up and he says "dude, Africa? That is my JAM". Probably heard it for the first time in that episode of American Dad.

He's great in New Day (except when he makes gaming references) but real Austin is grating and unbearable, from saying 'Welcome to up up down down' like he has a hernia to his Miz-like inability to say anything remotely revelatory or surprising.

You seem like a person I would never want to hang out with.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ummmm Xavier's gaming references own??

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Xavier owns and probably sleeps with all the nerd girls

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
He said something on Raw last week about somebody "walking around like the zombies in Left 4 Dead" and it's just like yeah Xavier, we get it. You like games. Just say 'like zombies', man. It's starting to seem really forced.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

magnum_valentino posted:

Like when Toto is brought up and he says "dude, Africa? That is my JAM". Probably heard it for the first time in that episode of American Dad.

Dude he was born in '86, loving everyone knew Toto's Africa.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Xavier has also been on some Giant Bomb stuff and seems like a cool, likable dude so I don't know why magnum_valentino is being all SOUR

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Dude he was born in '86, loving everyone knew Toto's Africa.

Yeah, but Xavier Woods is the type of person who says "oh, dude, I LOVE [band]" and can name five of their singles and nothing else. Listen to that podcast, it comes across really strong when they talk about music.

All show.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I see,

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

magnum_valentino posted:

Yeah, but Xavier Woods is the type of person who says "oh, dude, I LOVE [band]" and can name five of their singles and nothing else. Listen to that podcast, it comes across really strong when they talk about music.

All show.

I'm glad we can have your opinions on Xavier Woods' nerd cred. God Bless.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
You see Xavier didn't know the name of the other NES game that had the Konami Code so all of his cred is out of the window!! :rant:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

magnum_valentino posted:

All show.

How many songs/albums do you have to know by a particular group to enjoy them legitimately?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

magnum_valentino posted:

All show.

Everyone knows about "Africa", but no one can name any of their other tracks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

magnum_valentino posted:

All show.

Is he your enemy?

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

crime fighting hog posted:

How many songs/albums do you have to know by a particular group to enjoy them legitimately?

like half? this isn't hard

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Africa is a seriously good song though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

magnum_valentino walks past a man on the street wearing a Dark Side of the Moon shirt, mutters under his breath "i bet you've never even listened to Echoes, you piece of poo poo."

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Two Beans posted:

Everyone knows about "Africa", but no one can name any of their other tracks.

That's it exactly! But you don't say you LOVE Toto because you like "Africa". Xavier's from a generation of hyperbole. Everything is the best thing ever. Know what I think it is, is I've known people like this for like ten years, went to university with them, worked with them, that sort of thing. Now they're on TV. This is perhaps the only opinion I actually have about wrestling shows - maybe don't have normal-type people as characters. Have undead dudes and superhero buff guys and luchadors and redneck badasses, but don't have that guy that works in Gamestop who presumes he's the only one with a Wii U and whose entire appreciation of music was shaped by the playlist in Guitar Hero, because there's enough of that guy in the building at every show anyway.

I don't know anything about the Konami Code, nerd cred or why I shouldn't share an opinion on an Internet forum where people talk about aspects of Roman Reigns' character and ability to entertain literally for days on end without deviation or challenge.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Agreed

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

magnum_valentino posted:

I too am wary of fake gamers trying to horn in on gamer credibility, much to the detriment of true gamers, such as myself. I will, however, vouch for Xavier Woods as one of us.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

You're getting really worked up because Xavier Woods says he liked a song. Maybe you should take a step back from the crazy ledge.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

magnum_valentino posted:

Xavier's from a generation of hyperbole.

Literally millennial scum.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

magnum_valentino walks past a man on the street wearing a Dark Side of the Moon shirt, mutters under his breath "i bet you've never even listened to Echoes, you piece of poo poo."

Nah, I only dislike Xavier Woods, as I've made clear.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

magnum_valentino posted:

Nah, I only dislike Xavier Woods, as I've made clear.

what if i told you the man looked to be about 20 years old

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Literally millennial scum.

Wait'll Dolph Ziggler hears about this.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

It is. It is also the only Toto song I could name. BUT... I do know that their drummer played on something else famous. "Beat It" maybe?

Me: 1
Xavier Woods: Still lots more than that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i agree that he should stop naming games just to name them because its stupid

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Super No Vacancy posted:

i agree that he should stop naming games just to name them because its stupid

Get the gently caress out of here Super No Vacancy.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

what if i told you the man looked to be about 20 years old

What a big fucker.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm okay with him mentioning Left 4 Dead when talking about zombies. As much as you would make fun of him for that, I would make fun of him 4 times as much if he mentioned Walking Dead instead because loving christ that show

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

magnum_valentino posted:

It is. It is also the only Toto song I could name. BUT... I do know that their drummer played on something else famous. "Beat It" maybe?

Me: 1
Xavier Woods: Still lots more than that.

Wow, you don't even know Hold the Line? Or Rosanna? Embarrassing. I bet you haven't even seen MacGruber.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
^^^ See this guy knows his poo poo

For the record I was born in '83 and can confirm Toto owns. And for the record:

- Africa
- Rosanna
- Hold the Line/Love isn't always on time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Get the gently caress out of here Super No Vacancy.

RacistGuidingLight, that's just mean. You're like DOCTOR ROBOTNIK.

poo poo, that was a good reference.

You're like the bad guy from THE LAST OF US.