Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Lovin the slapfights ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
brb alt casting my archive traps in my storm deck with the new card

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i bet we get new tribalish lands like lorawyn. enter tapped unless you reveal vampire/human/werewolf/spirit/something

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

born on a buy you posted:

i bet we get new tribalish lands like lorawyn. enter tapped unless you reveal vampire/human/werewolf/spirit/something

thereby rendering my battle lands worthless!!

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Sickening posted:

I can't figure out the mental gymnastics involved to get to this point. If you had reading comprehension, you would notice I am talking about cards we currently have vs you talking about cards we don't.

You can't make a coherent point. :cmon:

If you cast your mind back you may recall that this "discussion" began with someone suggesting that the battle lands were going to spike and me disagreeing. This whole thing has been about speculation.

Sickening posted:

You do understand that unless the rare lands that aren't spoiled yet are simply better, how in the hell are you going to play tri colored decks without these lands?

But this is essentially my point: 3 colour decks will not be playable if the new lands aren't better, therefore they probably will be better.

I'm not suggesting that the battle lands will be unplayable after rotation, but I don't think they'll be 4-ofs in every deck and I suspect at least one of them will probably drop if there isn't a deck for it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

They're not playable in 3 colour decks, without fetches you don't have enough basics to reliably hit 2. And in a 2 colour deck by the time you hit 2 basics you probably have your colours already

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I'm not suggesting that the battle lands will be unplayable after rotation, but I don't think they'll be 4-ofs in every deck and I suspect at least one of them will probably drop if there isn't a deck for it.

I just don't even.... :iiam:

I would actually like this quite a bit but then again I have always been a huge fan of tribal stuff.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Barry Shitpeas posted:

It's also worth remembering that development fumbled the battle lands pretty badly; they thought they would encourage 2-colour decks. So while from our perspective we might be expecting a crackdown after a crazy 4c standard, their FFL decks looked like this: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/days-future-future-oath-gatewatch-2016-02-19

I'm the UR Devoid aggro deck with no Skyspawners, Vile Aggregates, or Ruination Guides.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

I'd be okay with this, but the tribes would be a weird combo of ally/enemy. WB angel, RB vampire, RG werewolf, WR human, WU spirit?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The tribes are the same as original innistrad- WG human, RG werewolf, RB vampires, UB zombies, UW spirits.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
eh let's make it land types. doubt htey push tribal unless tribal really is a big part of the block

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Tribal is one of the main themes, but I don't think they'll do tribal lands because of how restricted their use is.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

You are missing the sick plays with that new red enchantment:

Sprout Swarm.

You now get 2 saprolings for every 5 you tap! That's insane!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I'm the UR Devoid aggro deck with no Skyspawners, Vile Aggregates, or Ruination Guides.

You can never tell with these whether it was just bad deckbuilding, something in the deck later got nerfed in development, or something not in the deck later got pushed in development.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mehall posted:

You are missing the sick plays with that new red enchantment:

Sprout Swarm.

You now get 2 saprolings for every 5 you tap! That's insane!

you'd have to tap 4, 7, or 10, but you could tap 10 to get the copy in your graveyard back to your hand.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zoness posted:

you'd have to tap 4, 7, or 10, but you could tap 10 to get the copy in your graveyard back to your hand.
Tap 10 to make 2, then tap those 2 new ones to play the one that was in your grave for a third! So much value.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In the goon time spiral league I had multiple opponents just quit the game instead of facing down my three sprout swarms.

Weirdly in a sealed league I ended up with a strong mono colored deck.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Do we have a nickname for the new Jace yet?

There's Baby Jace, Real Jace, Anime Jace, Michael C Hall Jace, Bad Jace, Actual Literal Baby Jace, what's the new one? Scooby Gang Jace?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jace That Is Secretly A Bunch Of Rats

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Entropic posted:

There's Baby Jace, Real Jace, Anime Jace, Michael C Hall Jace, Bad Jace, Actual Literal Baby Jace, what's the new one? Scooby Gang Jace?

Dick Jacey.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Entropic posted:

Jacket Jace

Edit- Nevermind that one is the correct answer ^^^

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Moonjace

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Cactrot posted:

Dick Jacey.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jace 7.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Well of Ob Nixilus is Nixon, wouldn't this be Jace Woodward?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Cactrot posted:

Dick Jacey.

That's petty similar to Dick Faygo

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Jace That Is Secretly A Bunch Of Rats

Jace is three toddlers in their shoulders

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Entropic posted:

he is Confirmed UB Jace

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tom Cruise Jace looks really good, albeit shorter than the other Jaces. Which is explained by

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Beleren Adultman. I gotta go do a planeswalk.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Jace Closed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
New Fetchlands being spoiled soon? I mean how do you have delirium and BFZ duals without fetches?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Rinkles posted:

New Fetchlands being spoiled soon? I mean how do you have delirium and BFZ duals without fetches?

Stuff that mills the top of your deck or outlets to discard out of your hand. Removal style enchantments.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rinkles posted:

If I had to guess, the BFZ duals are just bad.

MTGO Goons: Ravnica x3 draft is the current Modern flashback draft this week.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Angry Grimace posted:

If I had to guess, the BFZ duals are just bad.

they're pretty good if the new lands are untapped based off revealing a land of X type like i speculated

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So loving hype if we get a Seal of Doom variant.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Rinkles posted:

Hidden Isle
Land
T, Sacrifice ~: Search your library for an Island card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

So loving hype if we get a Seal of Doom variant.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jesus christ how did I miss that spoiler? What a goddamn time to play Magic.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is already the best set we've gotten since the first Innistrad and count very well beat it.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

Jesus christ how did I miss that spoiler? What a goddamn time to play Magic.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is already the best set we've gotten since the first Innistrad and count very well beat it.

I dunno Khans of Tarkir is a pretty steep hill to climb.

• Locked thread