Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

This is crucial. Riding angry is no good, and if all other drivers do is make you angry, get a dirt bike and hit the woods.

Cruisers and Scooters make for mellow rides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/

The most white trash car mods you will ever see.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I was not disappointed.

This is who the Top Gear guys call yobbos, right?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I was not disappointed.

This is who the Top Gear guys call yobbos, right?

Pretty much. Young people with ASBOs and questionable taste.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I just get appreciative nods from those folks when I pull up on my dentists throne.

And then I get to laugh as it does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and a 10.2 second quarter mile at 135 mph. Bike is stupid, fuckoff fast.

Also lol that I didn't know the quarter time until now. 10.2! What the gently caress!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A chavmobile.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

An ASBObile.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Friends and I call em fart boxes because they inevitably have a cherry bomb the owner bought at the auto parts store.
My car is fast because it sounds like it has explosive diarrhea!!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nearly ran into an old coworker today! :downsrim:

GIVE WAY TO TRAFFIC ON THE ROUNDABOUT

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

This old man I work with found out that I have a motorcycle (I try not to advertise because, hey, it's just a vehicle) and tried to tell me his dangerous motorcycle story. In the 70's he came to a stoplight on his "old Yamaha" and noticed that, because he was stopped, the bike was leaning over. He then did what seemed natural and jumped off the bike so it wouldn't crush him. And that ladies and gentlemen is why motorcycles are dangerous.

In Los Angeles if you don't have a cruiser and your bike is even a little bit sporty you have an R1. ZX-6R? Nice R1. SV650? Nice R1. FZ-07? Nice R1. It's okay to not know things but its not okay to pretend that you know things when you don't.

Why do people make poo poo up so they can relate to you? We can just talk about something else that we actually have in common.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hmm, in my experience, to Luddites, all sport bikes are ninjas.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
At my last job, someone walked into my office and saw my helmet and gear and asked if I had a harley or a jixxer

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hmm, in my experience, to Luddites, all sport bikes are ninjas.

Gixxxxers

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

At my last job, someone walked into my office and saw my helmet and gear and asked if I had a harley or a jixxer

Tell them "actually it's a _____. It's like a cross between a Harley and a jixxer." just to gently caress with their heads.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Linedance posted:

Tell them "actually it's a _____. It's like a cross between a Harley and a jixxer." just to gently caress with their heads.

If there's one sure fire way to get somebody to breathe through their mouth, it's telling them that.

I don't tell that to them to gently caress with their heads, but Erik probably designed it to do that.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phrasing posted:

In Los Angeles if you don't have a cruiser and your bike is even a little bit sporty you have an R1. ZX-6R? Nice R1. SV650? Nice R1. FZ-07? Nice R1. It's okay to no know things but its not okay to pretend that you know things when you don't.

All red sports cars are Ferraris.

People see me with my helmet and ask me what I have, I say a Hawk GT, and I immediately know if they know anything about bikes if they smile. Most people just get a glazed expression when I don't say "a Harley" or "a Ducati".

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I remember that effect with my ZRX.

"What do you ride?"

"Kawi zrex"

"....maaaaate...."

It was always middle aged men though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

"What do you ride?"

"Kawi zrex"

"....maaaaate...."

I just call it a "muscle bike" when I talk to someone who doesn't ride. :black101:

I have named this tactic "hyperdouching".

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I really want to support my local shops but goddammit it should not take an hour and a half to determine whether or not you can get a pinlock insert for an FG17 and then order it.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 17, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Beach Bum posted:

I really want to support my local shops but goddammit it should not take an hour and a half to determine whether or not you can get a pinlock insert for an FG17 and then order it.

I'm glad my local shops suck, because I don't feel any guilt about shopping through Revzilla for everything (even oil!).

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I bought my last helmet locally because not only did the place beat RevZilla by twenty bucks, but they were able to order the color and size I wanted and have it available for pickup the next day. Can't argue with that.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
The whole time I'm sitting there I'm on Amazon staring at "$34.99 free 2-day shipping" and the local shop says "$37.61 and we need to do a bulk order" well you've got like thirty loving FG-17's on the wall and no inserts I think it's fantastically clear what the proper course of action is here.

I stepped out to smoke a cig before I punched a wall and when I came back the clerk was polishing my shield with a towel. Nice gesture, I thought, until I saw the bottle of Windex on the counter.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Slavvy posted:

"What do you ride?"

"Kawi zrex"

"....maaaaate...."

I remember riding my ZRX :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ElMaligno posted:

I'll be on mine in an hour. :swoon:

TobyLerone
Dec 7, 2003
Sitting is cool.
I've had a Zrx1200 for almost 8 years and no one has ever given a poo poo about it once. The closest I ever came to someone caring was the dealer who offered $3k on a trade in and made me feel like it wasn't a total ripoff. My cb900f rat garnered some attention and I still get "cool bike dude!" remarks from hipsters in eco cars with my cx500. All I really desire is FI though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TobyLerone posted:

I've had a Zrx1200 for almost 8 years and no one has ever given a poo poo about it once. The closest I ever came to someone caring was the dealer who offered $3k on a trade in and made me feel like it wasn't a total ripoff. My cb900f rat garnered some attention and I still get "cool bike dude!" remarks from hipsters in eco cars with my cx500. All I really desire is FI though.

I get questions about mine all the time. Maybe you just don't look friendly?:shrug:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Chichevache posted:

I get questions about mine all the time. Maybe you just don't look friendly?:shrug:

"Dude, what is that clanking sound? You sure you're good to ride on that? It sounds like your crank bearing just shattered"

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
No one ever even knows what a fuckin' Aprilia is when they ask. I always have to be like "it's like a Ducati" "ohhh so like italian"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Razzled posted:

No one ever even knows what a fuckin' Aprilia is when they ask. I always have to be like "it's like a Ducati" "ohhh so like italian"

You default to "like a Ducati" instead of "Italian?"

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

You default to "like a Ducati" instead of "Italian?"

everyone knows ducs, barely anyone knows aprilia, mv agusta, moto guzzi

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I was at a motorcycle show a couple years ago and actually forgot MV Augusta existed. I saw their bikes and asked the guy there who made their engines :saddowns:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Like going into a Games Workshop and asking for Battletech

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

Every ex-ZRX owner feels this way.

clutchpuck posted:

Battletech is garbage anyway everyone knows heavy gear is the greatest robot combat simulation there is :colbert:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

Alright I gotta come back to this. The guy who sold me my helmet and gear actually had a pinlock insert ordered for me after we talked about it during my helmet purchase. It was at the other location and when I called about it from the location i visited they told me it was in the Special Order box with my name on it.

Picked it up this morning and holy poo poo these things are magical. I never have to open my visor anymore due to fogging (but don't ever burp inside your helmet after spicy tacos at a stop light or god help you).

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I honestly have never needed a pinlock for my visor. It just doesn't fog up for some reason.

My glasses, though...

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

clutchpuck posted:

Haha totally going on my list of drunken Saturday afternoon shenanigans that are funny to me and no one else

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm going to find out just how good my local dealers are when I call them on Monday to order (with my luck, 16) valve shims.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

idgi

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Sagebrush posted:

I honestly have never needed a pinlock for my visor. It just doesn't fog up for some reason.

My glasses, though...

Some visors have an anti-fog coating, could that be it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

clutchpuck posted:

:lol: Also look at all these closet nerds riding motorcycles to hide their miniature painting shame