Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

randombattle posted:

I made my character and immediately hated the way it looked ingame. :suicide:

Someday I will play this game. Also the hud is really busy from what I saw.

change channels and it will fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Enkmar posted:

change channels and it will fix it

No I don't think changing channels will fix my character looking bad.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

randombattle posted:

Sometimes there's a bug where it shows up wrong, but that doesn't sound like what happened.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

randombattle posted:

It's a actually a known bug that happens to some people and it does. Unless you meant that you picked the wrong shade of fuchsia for your hair or something, in which case it won't.

ef;b

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Drythe posted:

Except it's gonna make it harder for you to know what's a wild horse when you go to tame one

Shouldn't be a problem because wild horses don't exist.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

You "might" have ADD :shobon:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Drythe posted:

Except it's gonna make it harder for you to know what's a wild horse when you go to tame one

i used to make this mistake but wild horses are the only ones that move around on their own so its pretty easy to tell

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

It has begun.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

RedTonic posted:

Many of the fishing quests in this game have glaring errors.

Today's patch seems to have fixed the quest log text to reflect the actual fish you need for the quest. :toot:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

You "might" have ADD :shobon:

I've seen Kerzhe's wildstar house. She has ADD, and it's awesome.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I've seen Kerzhe's wildstar house. She has ADD, and it's awesome.

double confirmed

source: her awesome Rift dimension

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Rift dimension was amazing :D

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i dunno what you guys are talkin about

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm talking about the space jam basketball court you built. I have no clue what these guys are on about.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

DancingShade posted:

It's a actually a known bug that happens to some people and it does. Unless you meant that you picked the wrong shade of fuchsia for your hair or something, in which case it won't.

ef;b

No I whored it up too much. I didn't play around enough with the different lighting in the editor.

I got it the second time.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
I didn't notice before this morning that you get blood all over you from pvping.

That was after 10 minutes of trying to kill a lotd valk before they called in help. I need to work on my burst since I had them setup several times to get wrecked.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SSD havers concerned with logs - might be useful.

dunkan posted:

That was after 10 minutes of trying to kill a lotd valk before they called in help. I need to work on my burst since I had them setup several times to get wrecked.
Keep in mind that that Valkyrie is a very sturdy class, so it may just been that, as well as gear and level difference.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Here's an RP idea. We are synthetic dragonkin sent back from the future to assassinate Kungen before he starts YouTube channel.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Keep in mind that that Valkyrie is a very sturdy class, so it may just been that, as well as gear and level difference.

My Log folder already has over 100MB of log file content and I probably play a lot less than most of you. This is pretty poo poo and I hope they fix this. Thanks for that alternative solution though. Much appreciated in the mean time.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

kalstrams posted:

Thanks, I saw that somewhere and was looking to disable logging. Though rather then dicking with a ramdisk I'll just use a hardlink to my spinning drive.

I just need to nail down a few combos better, they are tanky but I had them knocked down for a good 2-3 seconds multiple times and couldnt finish it, only got them to around 15% before they got out with a pot. Not amazing at pvp yet, and sorc is pretty unforgiving.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Hey guys. With starfleet dental here. When I get home I'm going to make a Google spreadsheet template to help everyone determine whether to make trade goods or actual items to sell on the marketplace. Should help people find the profit.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

CountingWizard posted:

Hey guys. With starfleet dental here. When I get home I'm going to make a Google spreadsheet template to help everyone determine whether to make trade goods or actual items to sell on the marketplace. Should help people find the profit.

AND SO IT BEGINS

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dunkan posted:

I just need to nail down a few combos better, they are tanky but I had them knocked down for a good 2-3 seconds multiple times and couldnt finish it, only got them to around 15% before they got out with a pot. Not amazing at pvp yet, and sorc is pretty unforgiving.
Sorceress takes practice, yeah. As for the potions, enemy healing up will be a problem until you gear up reasonably well, but that's entirely your fault - healing does not scale well in this game. Until some point it is dominant, but then it almost instantly flips to being irrelevant.

Xavier434 posted:

My Log folder already has over 100MB of log file content and I probably play a lot less than most of you. This is pretty poo poo and I hope they fix this. Thanks for that alternative solution though. Much appreciated in the mean time.
Mine's at 200MB at the moment, but I neither have a significant amount of free time at my disposal this month, nor am I really bothered by the issue since I'm too poor to have a computer with an SSD drive in the first place. :v:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

daum why is my horse made of broccoli

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

daum why is my horse made of broccoli

It's a stealth horse. Or festive!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AfroSquirrel posted:

It's a stealth horse. Or festive!

holy poo poo you're right it's just in time for st patricks day! :cheers:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Does anyone have any idea what quest chain the Troll Defense Contributor title is tied to? I've done every quest I can find at the fort, the camp and the little tower on the road, killed the black spirit boss summon, advanced the story in the troll pit and there's no quests at all left for me to do here but no title!

If I don't have these three words to never hang over my head then it was just not worth it.

Edit: I'm only level 39, though - are they being assholes and level gating me?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wilekat posted:

Does anyone have any idea what quest chain the Troll Defense Contributor title is tied to? I've done every quest I can find at the fort, the camp and the little tower on the road, killed the black spirit boss summon, advanced the story in the troll pit and there's no quests at all left for me to do here but no title!

If I don't have these three words to never hang over my head then it was just not worth it.
E: See below.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 16, 2016

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Wilekat posted:

Edit: I'm only level 39, though - are they being assholes and level gating me?

I got it just from doing the quest chain around the fort. It's a world type not a combat type, so not for just killing X trolls. Possibly level gated, there should be a ton of quests there along with dailies.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Mine's at 200MB at the moment, but I neither have a significant amount of free time at my disposal this month, nor am I really bothered by the issue since I'm too poor to have a computer with an SSD drive in the first place. :v:

You can get really good ones these days for under $100. It's well worth it.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
you fucken nerds just delete your logs folder, open up a cmd where C is your spinning hard drive and E is where the logs folder is and type mklink /d /j "E:\Programs\BDO\Log" C:\logs\bdo

i tried and it didnt work

ioneye fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 17, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Just move your logs to a hard disk instead of the ssd, allocating physical memory to a game is stupid

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
koreagame.jpg

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Hi there

Let's be friends.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I've been hearing lots of chit chat about this ridiculous ghillie suit stuff. Personally i don't have a huge problem with it even though i see the issues it causes.

What i do have issue with; however, is the fact that some players come up with the response of "get gud" to those who complain about the ghillie suit.

You can't say get gud when this game is not even equalized. When one +17 guy can take on 3 +16 guys its just ridiculous. The only time you can ever even consider skill as a legitimate factor is if BDO has an Equalized arena mode. Which i will guarantee half of the geared guys would get instantly pissed when they find out they just got rekt by someone half their level. Now that is something that is worth the respekt. No one is impressed if you grief someone with half your gear and level especially when pvp isn't even equalized. 1 shotting someone takes almost no effort here in many cases.

So please guys. No more of this toxicity please. Can't tell people to get gud when in reality you don't even know what "gud" is.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Grondoth posted:

I've been hearing lots of chit chat about this ridiculous ghillie suit stuff. Personally i don't have a huge problem with it even though i see the issues it causes.

What i do have issue with; however, is the fact that some players come up with the response of "get gud" to those who complain about the ghillie suit.

You can't say get gud when this game is not even equalized. When one +17 guy can take on 3 +16 guys its just ridiculous. The only time you can ever even consider skill as a legitimate factor is if BDO has an Equalized arena mode. Which i will guarantee half of the geared guys would get instantly pissed when they find out they just got rekt by someone half their level. Now that is something that is worth the respekt. No one is impressed if you grief someone with half your gear and level especially when pvp isn't even equalized. 1 shotting someone takes almost no effort here in many cases.

So please guys. No more of this toxicity please. Can't tell people to get gud when in reality you don't even know what "gud" is.

get gud

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Get quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I thought it was spelled "git," but I could be behind the times.