Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ravane posted:

I said that once, but not what I was referring to, lmao.

I generally don't believe in god but if I could pray for you to stop posting I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

best video game music ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXhq66CFS4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hrmm... looks to me like.. u should stop osting?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ravane posted:

As a kid, I only ever played Jazz Jackrabbit 2 on my computer. As a result, all other consoles suck and Jazz is the best game still 20 years running.

you may also like dust an elysian tail beause it is illustrated by the same weird furry pervert as jazz jackrabbit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The Sega Genesis had the best versions of Madden football to ever exist. It was a genuinely very fun game that even non-sports-carers could enjoy. I probably spent as much time with it as I did SNES Sim City, which was also super fun.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Stux posted:

hrmm... looks to me like.. u should stop osting?

No, Oddium is actually fine.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yakuza 5 is downloading right now and i am excited

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

corn in the bible posted:

you may also like dust an elysian tail beause it is illustrated by the same weird furry pervert as jazz jackrabbit

Is he really a furry, haha. I only had the demo on my computer, but it always reminded of Sonic.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

I always got the feeling this kid got stuck on the Splash Mountain ride at Disneyland for a few hours and his only way to deal with it was to integrate it into his identity.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ecco the dolphin had a pretty cool story, way better than a game about swimmign around as a dolphin had any right to have

pervert???

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

This is both a bad photoshop and a bad joke so you're 0 for 2 sorry friend.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Tearaway has gotten a little bit better, I'm in the Lab now and at least the gameplay challenges have become a bit more substantial than the entire first act. I can't help but feel a bit bored by the game, but it keeps managing to create cool visual moments to draw me back in.

Parting the sea with the wind to gain access to the paper plane was really awesome, as was flying around. Too bad it ended so soon.

Dust has awful art, but the gameplay is pretty decent. Combat's fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

No, Oddium is actually fine.

u say that but... im looking here at the post they just made and, well, lets just say... its bad? i m trying to remember a worse post made in this thread recently but... im coming up blank here you know? haha. i mean, im really trying here, im pulling youi know, im really pulling for oddium but from where im sitting? just doesnt cut the mustard

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I should play yakuza 3 or 4 or both since I have them and never played any of the series

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

i like the inexplicable block of black as well as the jagged cut out edges added to an image which already has a transparent layer

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lady Naga posted:

Lol guess you got triggered by Oddium's joke.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Is there a particular entry in this series it's good to jump in at? I'm kind of curious about it but I don't know the first thing or where would be good to start.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ravane posted:

*makes the weakest joke in history*

*adjusts fedora and puffs on pipe*

lol ur mad

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

Ecco the dolphin had a pretty cool story, way better than a game about swimmign around as a dolphin had any right to have

A 2.5D remake (or better yet, sequel) to Ecco the Dolphin would be pretty badass.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ravane posted:

God drat this dude's bad at posting.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

seems to me the only ones "triggered" in this thread are the ones who cannot eleal with the fact that everything nintendo has ever made has beeing irredeemable garbage

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Trigger needs a word filter, if only to make TFR a mess

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

bloodychill posted:

A 2.5D remake (or better yet, sequel) to Ecco the Dolphin would be pretty badass.

I am pretty sure I read an article about Ecco's story being based directly on a crazy person's drug ramblings, and not in the "lol what drugs was the Mario guy taking am I right" way

edit: there is this one but I thought I read it somewhere else, the crazy drug ramblings are from John C Lilly apparently:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-ketamine-secrets-of-segas-ecco-the-dolphin-347

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well I see this thread is in a good place right now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this is my favourite thread

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bet you wish you just used my perfectly good thread now dont u

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Anyone who follows Jim Sterling's work will be delighted to know that Digital Homicide is attempting to sue him.

This will be very entertaining. In like a year when he's actually allowed to talk about it.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Some help ravane he got lost again

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What's Digital Homicide? Because it sounds like playing *game u like*

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am pretty sure I read an article about Ecco's story being based directly on a crazy person's drug ramblings, and not in the "lol what drugs was the Mario guy taking am I right" way

edit: there is this one but I thought I read it somewhere else, the crazy drug ramblings are from John C Lilly apparently:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-ketamine-secrets-of-segas-ecco-the-dolphin-347

I would 100% not be surprised by this. John Lilly inspired a lot of kind of nutty stuff but he was cool in some ways too. He did a lot for ocean preservation and I think Star Trek 4 would not exist if it wasn't for him. Also Ecco the dolphin apparently.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dear videogames/FAU, i do not have dms or reports, but i found this

coupedeville posted:

kill yourself stux

please do the needful. thank u

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4m8bmn5o4g

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

codenameFANGIO posted:

What's Digital Homicide? Because it sounds like playing *game u like*

They're two guys that make terrible poo poo and put it on Greenlight.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Hog Inspector posted:

Some help ravane he got lost again

I'm sensing the makings of a mismatched buddy movie in which Ravane and Naga must navigate an easily-navigable forest to beat an easy-to-beat Dragon Tank.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

bloodychill posted:

Ecco is really close to being a classic gem but the last 3 areas of the game completely kill it from getting there.

Like, it's retardo hard in many places throughout the game, but the last two areas are a 6 minute autoscroller of nothing but instant death wall crushes and enemies that 2 shot you, followed up by a final boss who will 1 shot, and any death anywhere along the way sends you back to the beginning of the autoscroller. I seem to recall they said they did that because they were worried people would beat the game too easily otherwise.

That story stuff is hilarious and I love it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

^^^^^^^This is why I love the Sega 3D Classics. They let me experience all these old games without having to deal with the lovely difficulty balance that so many older games seem to have.

bloodychill posted:

I'm sensing the makings of a mismatched buddy movie in which Ravane and Naga must navigate an easily-navigable forest to beat an easy-to-beat Dragon Tank.

It's the sequel to "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles" we've always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

bloodychill posted:

Paging Ms. Paint

• Locked thread