Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

bloodychill posted:

I'm sensing the makings of a mismatched buddy movie in which Ravane and Naga must navigate an easily-navigable forest to beat an easy-to-beat Dragon Tank.

I like the premise, but which one ends up with Marilyn Monroe at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bloodychill posted:

I'm sensing the makings of a mismatched buddy movie in which Ravane and Naga must navigate an easily-navigable forest to beat an easy-to-beat Dragon Tank.

I would play an rpg about the games genchat thread.

Please give me a katana, tia.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Marilyn Monroe isn't in to furries

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is there a particular entry in this series it's good to jump in at? I'm kind of curious about it but I don't know the first thing or where would be good to start.

Yakuza 4 has a feature where Kazuya explains the main plotlines of Yakuzas 1-3, so that's a good one to start with. I haven't played 5 yet but iirc it doesn't have that so you might be confused.

ofc they're probably on youtube so you could also just watch them there

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Hog Inspector posted:

Some help ravane he got lost again

I just unite everyone against me, that's my posting superpower.

bloodychill posted:

Maybe we become best friends. I harbor no hatred. :)

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I like the premise, but which one ends up with Marilyn Monroe at the end?

Neither, we're both gay.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

Yakuza 4 has a feature where Kazuya explains the main plotlines of Yakuzas 1-3, so that's a good one to start with.

That sounds pretty good then. Are the stories super convoluted or are they pretty straight forward? Gimme a rating on a scale from 1 to Kingdom Hearts :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJNXTAX0adY

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yakuza 4 is also on psn for twenty bucks, so there's that

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

bloodychill posted:

The only thing I can't beat is Airman.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ravane posted:

Neither, we're both gay.

i do not know/remember if lady naga is gay, but if she is then she would end up with monroe. or are u still doing this.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Stux posted:

i do not know/remember if lady naga is gay, but if she is then she would end up with monroe. or are u still doing this.

loving hahahaha goddamn.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That sounds pretty good then. Are the stories super convoluted or are they pretty straight forward? Gimme a rating on a scale from 1 to Kingdom Hearts :v:

there's lots of doublecrossing and stuff like that, but fundamentally they're all just gangster films. scummy new mob leader/corrupt cop/loan shark wants to do X and he betrayed you to do it so you gotta beat him up. iirc 3 was literally about some yakuza group trying to tear down an orphanage

e: if you liked shenmue then you will 100% like yakuza

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
m yfavorite part about ecco is the one level select cheat that you just put N over and over and you end up in the level Welcome To The Machine so any kid who played around in the password menu and did that ended up going from "cute dolphin game" to "underwater giger monsters"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all the kids who put all Ns in at the password screen

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnIu4K4OIA

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stux posted:

Marilyn Monroe was a smelly bad eater so she gets with whoever is gooniest

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yakuza 4 is a weird game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

don't watch this if you plan on playing Yakuza 4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

loving hahahaha goddamn.

actually unbelievable

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

all the kids who put all Ns in at the password screen

yeah

what, youve never hosed around in a password screen just mashing stuff?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Stux posted:

Sorry, I meant gay for men. If I was straight, I'd be lesbian for womens.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ravane posted:

what

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

yeah

what, youve never hosed around in a password screen just mashing stuff?

password screens were on their way out when i was a child

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ravane posted:

Do you mean you are legit gay or gbs meme gay?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

IIRC the twist on that plot line makes that scene really baffling.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Broseph Brostar posted:

Do you mean you are legit gay or gbs meme gay?

I'm legit gay. But I also make light of it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

IIRC the twist on that plot line makes that scene really baffling.

Lol. Twist, singular.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Ecco is really close to being a classic gem but the last 3 areas of the game completely kill it from getting there.

Like, it's retardo hard in many places throughout the game, but the last two areas are a 6 minute autoscroller of nothing but instant death wall crushes and enemies that 2 shot you, followed up by a final boss who will 1 shot, and any death anywhere along the way sends you back to the beginning of the autoscroller. I seem to recall they said they did that because they were worried people would beat the game too easily otherwise.

That story stuff is hilarious and I love it.

the best part of Welcome To The Machine was how it would regularly do fakeouts with the autoscroll to get you to trap yourself

Like it would scroll right, you'd go around an obstacle to go up, then it would scroll up instead of down, crushing you

gently caress

that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oddium posted:

password screens were on their way out when i was a child

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand :corsair:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpVXUiuP0Mw

haha hell yes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you can do this in witcher 3 too

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ravane posted:

Are you having a stroke?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Lol. Twist, singular.

Ha ha, yeah, fuckin' Yakuza. BUt as I recall (DON'T READ THESE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY YAKUZA FOUR) Isn't everything there fake and the guns are full of blanks? Which means that everyone there is faking it, including the guy who gets thrown over a counter and has hot soup poured on him and the guy who gets shot in the face and is just fine.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Ravane is really cool cause he makes fun of the trans & assumes the sexuality of ppl.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Ha ha, yeah, fuckin' Yakuza. BUt as I recall (DON'T READ THESE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY YAKUZA FOUR) Isn't everything there fake and the guns are full of blanks? Which means that everyone there is faking it, including the guy who gets thrown over a counter and has hot soup poured on him and the guy who gets shot in the face and is just fine.

That is correct. Like every twist in 4, it does not make a lick of sense once the shoe drops. I would really like that series better if it was more straightforward.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lady Naga posted:

Ravane is really cool.

Thanks. :)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

That is correct. Like every twist in 4, it does not make a lick of sense once the shoe drops. I would really like that series better if it was more straightforward.

yeah but ultimately everyone just goes to a spot and punches the villain to death regardless

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I would't have it any other way. Yakuza is like a bonkers soap opera and I love it to pieces.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

yeah but ultimately everyone just goes to a spot and punches the villain to death regardless

Yeah but it would be cooler to me if the framework for getting there was not convoluted and full of very drawn-out cutscenes. More River City Ransom, less MGS4.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I would't have it any other way. Yakuza is like a bonkers soap opera and I love it to pieces.

I can respect that but that's a path I can never travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I'm gonna start a deadpool on what minority group Ravane is going to gently caress up next. my bets are on the disabled.

• Locked thread