Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Because the idea of Superman pretending to kill people, horrifying the entire world just to pull a "nope, totally was joking just to prove a point on how I DON'T kill like these tools" is disturbing on a level that killing Zod to save a family is not.

If these are the two out of context pages about laser lobotomies that I've seen floating about I thought the point was "dark edgy heroes suck and are lovely and unfun" not "killing is bad".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

McCloud posted:

True, but nu52 supes has the advantage of not being a murderer, so there's that.

Tell that to Dr. Light.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm still waiting for a buddy's idea to see the light of day, Alien vs. Predator vs. Asterix.

The year is 50 B.C.Gaul is entirely infested with xenomorphs. Well, not entirely... One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. In fact, their indomitability has attracted the attention of the galaxy's most dangerous hunter. Life certainly is not easy for the Roman legionaries who are caught in this epic struggle between Aliens, Predators, and Asterix.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

!
!!!!

I gave it chances because I'm not a monster. Movie doesn't work for me. And it never will. Here's hoping Batman V Superman is good.

If you give something five chances with weighted dice, don't be surprised when it keeps coming up snake eyes.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

The year is 50 B.C.Gaul is entirely infested with xenomorphs. Well, not entirely... One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. In fact, their indomitability has attracted the attention of the galaxy's most dangerous hunter. Life certainly is not easy for the Roman legionaries who are caught in this epic struggle between Aliens, Predators, and Asterix.
I would watch/read the poo poo out of that

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Guy A. Person posted:

That's Learn to Fly

Learning to Fly is Tom Petty

You mean Pink Floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhNCTH8pDs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

McSpanky posted:

If you give something five chances with weighted dice, don't be surprised when it keeps coming up snake eyes.

I have my bias' of course. But I did genuinely try to enjoy it. I will say, I did come away with the fact that the visuals aren't quite as grey and muted as I originally thought. But the movie is just totally not my thing at all.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

I have my bias' of course. But I did genuinely try to enjoy it. I will say, I did come away with the fact that the visuals aren't quite as grey and muted as I originally thought. But the movie is just totally not my thing at all.

That's cool dude. :)

At least you're not saying its trash like some.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

!
!!!!

I gave it chances because I'm not a monster. Movie doesn't work for me. And it never will. Here's hoping Batman V Superman is good.

Haha it's just that like, even with movies I love I've only seen most of them, like, five times is the absolute max.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Haha it's just that like, even with movies I love I've only seen most of them, like, five times is the absolute max.

Ive seen my three favorite movies Fight Club, Donnie Darko, and Drive at least 15 times each.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've probably seen Alien over a hundred times at this point.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

If "flipping around on cable, oh poo poo Goodfellas/Back to the Future/Ghostbusters/etc is on" counts then I have seen a bunch of movies (or significant chunks of them) dozens to upwards of a hundred times each. But yeah I guess if you mean sitting down with the intent to watch a movie would be different.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I don't usually rewatch media at all. When I do, there's usually significant amount of time between viewings (eg, I saw ROTK in theaters and then not until I got the Extended Edition Blu-Rays).

I find at least these days there's enough media that I don't really need to rewatch stuff.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have super ADHD and I tend to obsess over certain things that catch my attention. So I go in cycles. If I really like something, I am going to listen or watch it over and over and over and over and over again, then I'll switch to some thing else for a while and then eventually go back to it.

It's why I have the first RoboCop, all 12 Friday the 13ths, and all Godzilla movies not made in 98 memorized.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I rewatch movies all the time, usually when I'm going to be working on something else during it and I can't pay close attention.

I also listen to my favorite music more than once, I don't think movies are much different in many of the same regards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

I have super ADHD and I tend to obsess over certain things that catch my attention. So I go in cycles. If I really like something, I am going to listen or watch it over and over and over and over and over again, then I'll switch to some thing else for a while and then eventually go back to it.

It's why I have the first RoboCop, all 12 Friday the 13ths, and all Godzilla movies not made in 98 memorized.

I once watched Robocop every day for 47 days straight.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

We need to hang out

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

We need to hang out

I'm a pretty fun date.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Rhyno posted:

I do this more with tv shows, or with film scores. Probably because listening to a score in the car is easier than trying to watch a movie while driving :v: but then I also tend to only really enjoy movies if I enjoy the score

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aces High posted:

I do this more with tv shows, or with film scores. Probably because listening to a score in the car is easier than trying to watch a movie while driving :v: but then I also tend to only really enjoy movies if I enjoy the score

Yeah, I've had the BvS score on repeat for days at this point.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Ive seen my three favorite movies Fight Club, Donnie Darko, and Drive at least 15 times each.

badass

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Darko posted:

I gotta get on this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of Superman not being nice, this happened on Supergirl.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Darko posted:

Same but just "is she with you" and "men are still good".

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The MSJ posted:

was this a red kryptonite episode?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

was this a red kryptonite episode?

Yes.

Also, io9 is capable of publishing a good article about superheroes after all.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-year-s-biggest-superhero-movies-are-all-about-amer-1765086280

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

The MSJ posted:

Oh God, please tell me mean drunk Supergirl fights her good, mild-mannered alter ego. :allears:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
If she hit the peanut hard enough to propel it at a velocity to smash a thick glass bottle, the force would have shattered the peanut.

Immersion ruined.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

can she even get drunk

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

setafd posted:

can she even get drunk

Spoilers for every piece of superhero / sci-fi media: If the plot demands it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Equeen posted:

Oh God, please tell me mean drunk Supergirl fights her good, mild-mannered alter ego. :allears:

Sadly no, but the red kryptonite was synthetic.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Spoilers for every piece of superhero / sci-fi media: If the plot demands it.

Captain America not being able to get drunk in TFA was sadder than Bucky dying.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

howe_sam posted:

Sadly no, but the red kryptonite was synthetic.

Awww... :smith:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Captain America not being able to get drunk in TFA was sadder than Bucky dying.

Man, I really need to rewatch Star Wars now.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

drat dude, cold.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

CelticPredator posted:

I've probably seen Alien over a hundred times at this point.

And yet I'd imagine anything you'd have to say about it would look like Baron Bifford's essay.

Rhyno posted:

Should've been Ronin. :v:

The MSJ posted:

:allears:
And while I don't think she did this episode, Lexi Alexander has been directing Supergirl.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, my essay probably would be terrible.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wyoming posted:

And yet I'd imagine anything you'd have to say about it would look like Baron Bifford's essay.

Let's not get crazy here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If she hit the peanut hard enough to propel it at a velocity to smash a thick glass bottle, the force would have shattered the peanut.

Immersion ruined.

That reminds me of one of the old superhero RPG games which had a super ability specifically about maintaining the structural integrity of items in extreme situations so the hero could perform feats like lifting a ship without it falling apart around him.

• Locked thread