Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't know but you better not eat your steak well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Lottery of Babylon posted:

A coworker and myself said we should start the "Working Americans lives matter" movement. In our opinion if you don't work and have never worked then your life really doesn't matter. If all you and your family have ever been is be a drain on the government and your city then you don't matter. All you are is a hand stuck out and a mouth open. Bitching for rights and money you have never helped earn. I'm not talking about house wives or American citizens that are legitimately in need of help. But those who choose not to work, and have kids they don't care about who just turn out to be more drains on the system, your lives don't matter. Most Americans are sick of those thinking that they are entitled to a free check just because their ancestors were forced to work. One working generation doesn't mean you get a free ride for the rest of your species existence.

I agree. Kill all capitalists.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't know but you better not eat your steak well done.

Are you suggesting I eat a steak poorly done?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Steak is a rare medium well done

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

goose fleet posted:

Steak is a rare medium well done

.........I'll allow this.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

You mean that thing that people still use every day?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Scathach posted:

27 is old as poo poo?

It's been a little while since I've actually been in a classroom but I feel like it's unlikely those have all vanished.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Garrand posted:

It's been a little while since I've actually been in a classroom but I feel like it's unlikely those have all vanished.

Yeah, that kind of pencil sharpener is nigh-indestructable.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

This brings up fuzzy feelings. I remember using these things as both a sharpener and an excuse to walk around and get the hell out of my desk. Even better if there was a lineup.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spinning them the wrong way made awesome spiral grooves in your pencil.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Crying screaming children are annoying though and I'm against spanking solely because it makes a kid cry more and thus annoys me. If I'm not around do whatever, hell the kids your property.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Garrand posted:

27 is old as poo poo?

23 here. We had those in elementary school and I think middle school. By high school everyone graduated to electric sharpeners or pens.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My school was so bad that the kids either destroyed or stole every one of those and in the end one of my teachers had a single electric sharpener and you had to ask them to sharpen it for you. No one had mechanical pencils for long because other kids would steal them from you the second you got up from your desk to do something. I once found one of my own highlighters in a classroom I didn't even have class in.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I was in a super-rich private school one week ago. Mountaintop view of all of Los Angeles.
They had those pencil sharpeners.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

People who say "March 14th" write it that way numerically

Do you actually think that people outside of America never say the month first like that?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tiggum posted:

Do you actually think that people outside of America never say the month first like that?

No, but now that I've been called out I promise to only contribute completely serious and truthful posts on forums.somethingawful.com from now on

Jokes are for the weak

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cash crab posted:

This brings up fuzzy feelings. I remember using these things as both a sharpener and an excuse to walk around and get the hell out of my desk. Even better if there was a lineup.

Same.

Also I was one of those kids who kept his pencil shavings in his pencil case like an idiot and never emptied it except at the end of the year; so I ended up just not having my own pencil sharpener cause I got sick of constantly having a bag full of paper/graphite shavings everywhere.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

As a man I would love to purchase "pregnancy insurance" that guarantees I don't have to take care of a kid if I knock a woman up. I can't think of anything more hilarious or insulting at the same time. Maybe if there was something like "boyfriend insurance" where I get all the money spent on dinners and what not back at the end of a relationship.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

Yeah, those are still things. Like that exact same model.

WTF do they think students use? Our school system rations paper, they aren't going to stick electric pencil sharpeners in every classroom. Plus you can kill an electric sharpener if you don't empty out the shavings. Those old metal ones just laugh and spit out some pencil dust.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ratoslov posted:

Yeah, that kind of pencil sharpener is nigh-indestructable.

Well, I've seen evidence proving you wrong on that!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

As a man I would love to purchase "pregnancy insurance" that guarantees I don't have to take care of a kid if I knock a woman up. I can't think of anything more hilarious or insulting at the same time. Maybe if there was something like "boyfriend insurance" where I get all the money spent on dinners and what not back at the end of a relationship.

There is money to be made off of date insurance.

"If you don't get to second base you get a full reimbursement on your date!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dreddout posted:

Man, the underwriting/premium for an out of shape, unemployed, ugly guy would be ridiculous.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Yes, be more judicious who you sleep with.

..."why won't anyone sleep with meeee? Frigid bitches!"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Man, the underwriting/premium for an out of shape, unemployed, ugly guy would be ridiculous.

And if she didn't put out, an adjuster would have to drive out and evaluate the damage to make sure the incident wasn't your fault.

We recently received a claim for an incident that occurred on 15 March 2016. Unfortunately, it is the determination of Gettin' Lucky Insurance Company of Nebraska LLC that you were at fault. Below is a summary:

• Unshaven face, specifically the neck area
  • Unwashed hair
  • Body odor
  • Depressingly boring personality
  • Called your date by your mother's name by accident more than once
  • Mentioned your accomplishments in the game World of Warcraft during date
  • Said "Man, I can't wait for the third date," aloud, to your date, then winked
  • Get a job son
Please find enclosed the receipts from the mall food court that you submitted after the incident.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I tell bitches about my 25k PvP kill achievement and panties drop son!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dreddout posted:

I had an ex threaten to sue me for 'half of date expenses' when we broke up.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

Dienes posted:

I had an ex threaten to sue me for 'half of date expenses' when we broke up.

I had an ex do something similar! He spent a Saturday night tallying up all the money he'd spent on me over the previous six months. He didn't threaten to sue me or anything, but he made sure to hold it over my head for the duration of our relationship.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I hope "the duration of the relationship" was the time it took him to say "I just tallied up all the money I've spent on you."

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

Huntersoninski posted:

I hope "the duration of the relationship" was the time it took him to say "I just tallied up all the money I've spent on you."

I wish I could say that, but no.

At least while he was home doing that...I was out with friends. I'm sure we bought each other drinks and didn't keep tallies on it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I had an ex do something similar! He spent a Saturday night tallying up all the money he'd spent on me over the previous six months. He didn't threaten to sue me or anything, but he made sure to hold it over my head for the duration of our relationship.

This reminds me of how I wish my roomies bought more groceries. :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm sure if you asked him why men "screw women they're not willing to marry and raise a child with", he'd sputter something about equality and call you a feminazi.

I've never once met someone who accuses women of this whose end goal isn't "Men can bang everyone and get sex when they demand it, women can only gently caress who the men want them to gently caress."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm sure if you asked him why men "screw women they're not willing to marry and raise a child with", he'd sputter something about equality and call you a feminazi.

I've never once met someone who accuses women of this whose end goal isn't "Men can bang everyone and get sex when they demand it, women can only gently caress who the men want them to gently caress."

It's more about :biotruths: than equality

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

salad vs burrito guy, the sequel.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

salad vs burrito guy, the sequel.

Confidence = being a jerkwad. Got it.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

quote:

Wake Up Earth !!!

quote:

Agree the more awake we become the less of a hold the government has on our reality

quote:

love the message, not sure about the use of theory that's unproven and told as truth to make this point tho. Bit oxymoronic.

quote:

you were a potato every single stage

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

quote:

I like this guy.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

quote:

Ahhh, gently caress, it's too early for a new title, isn't it

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Agreed, I'm excited for the Animorphs reboot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

I think I know why we're de-evolving.