Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Max calling out Issac is pretty ironic given that he's a hair and, at most a year, away from being a teenaged stereotype himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Neo_Crimson posted:

Max calling out Issac is pretty ironic given that he's a hair and, at most a year, away from being a teenaged stereotype himself.

Sarcasm is all about offense man, no defense.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
When you turn 13 in anime, you wake up to find your hair has turned spikey and your soul broods with the weight of your undefined destiny

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Raserys posted:

When you turn 13 in anime, you wake up to find your hair has turned spikey and your soul broods with the weight of your undefined destiny

So I guess Cody's birthday was right when fakeJeff stabbed him in the back.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I think it's interesting that Zack seems to consistently have wrist problems. I wonder what exactly he's doing with his art that stresses out his wrist so much. When I took a few years of art classes they taught us to draw from the shoulder. I know the whole wrist vs. shoulder thing is controversial but if he's having this much trouble with his wrist then it might be worth switching up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah I dont mind him taking time off but it seems weird that it keeps happening compared to lots of other artists with comparable levels of detail in their comics with equal or more demanding schedules. I hope he doesn't have something more serious going on

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Zack needs to take some time off the comic and get a girlfriend :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he has a girlfriend

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she makes another comic that i am not particularly interested in

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

agreed

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

New page!

I'm hype for wii sports tournament!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Aw, Starchman has a cute spouse/mom making his lunches. :3:
Have a good day, honey :love:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wii Sports Resort, heathens. Swordfighting!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

kinmik posted:

Aw, Starchman has a cute spouse/mom making his lunches. :3:
Have a good day, honey :love:

Or he's eating someone else's lunch from the fridge, which seems in character

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Max raises a pretty great point.

Nice to see Isabel getting in on the anime action.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah Hijack is totally in the principal now, isn't he/it?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Podima posted:

I think that's just the principal though. They're just like that.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Podima posted:

Or Spender.

Did Hijack ever imply what they needed in the office for?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tournament Arc foreshadowing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The lady teacher whose name I don't remember is acting really calm when we know she's incredibly neurotic, she's obviously the informantspirit host

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hijack seems to jack targets who are emotionally disturbed, so, Spender is the one.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rand Brittain posted:

Hijack seems to jack targets who are emotionally disturbed, so, Spender is the one.

Also his eyes are hidden and he seems nervous when Isabel says she's going to take out Hijack and he defends Hijack's taste in Wii Sports. So probably Spender yeah

Though I wouldn't put it past this comic for Hijack to still be in Jeff lol

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tetracube posted:

Also his eyes are hidden and he seems nervous when Isabel says she's going to take out Hijack and he defends Hijack's taste in Wii Sports. So probably Spender yeah

I'd thought he was flinching at Isabelle saying she'd "take out" someone who enjoyed hurting people and pretended to have a good cause. Spender's in a bad place at the moment and his spirit guide telling him to stop consulting his moral teachers and start being more ruthless isn't helping.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mystic Mongol posted:

I'd thought he was flinching at Isabelle saying she'd "take out" someone who enjoyed hurting people and pretended to have a good cause. Spender's in a bad place at the moment and his spirit guide telling him to stop consulting his moral teachers and start being more ruthless isn't helping.

I think it was more "dial it back a few notches, kiddo" than anything.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Spender doesn't know the meaning of the phrase.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Also Isabella literally described Forge, so Spender is probably drawing some very obvious parallels between her reaction and intentions towards Hijack and his towards Forge at the time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's also the very philosophy that Spender's mentor and Isabel's grandfather tried to snuff out 12 hours/several years ago

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Who What Now posted:

Also Isabella literally described Forge, so Spender is probably drawing some very obvious parallels between her reaction and intentions towards Hijack and his towards Forge at the time.

But Forge is a nice guy who walked away from obvious weakling Spender to let him save the children he was sworn to protect.

He's not a bully who likes hurting people. :(

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Rand Brittain posted:

As is Ed, who is looking a fair bit spaced out in those bottom two panels.

... jesus christ he's in Ed

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jesus christ is in all of us friend

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hijack's eyes glow black with red pupils, so he's probably in someone whose eyes are obscured. Though it's possible he can just make his eyes look normal who knows

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tetracube posted:

Hijack's eyes glow black with red pupils, so he's probably in someone whose eyes are obscured. Though it's possible he can just make his eyes look normal who knows

The dog at the beginning had normal-looking eyes.
http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=326
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-17

Eyes started to change when Hijack started looking for a new vessel, but even then the change on the dog's eyes was less than on Jeff's.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-21
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-23

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder how Max knows all this about Hijack? I poked around the archives, and I couldn't find any point where Hijack was making weird conversation with Max. I did find out that this isn't the first time that Max has known weird details about someone that he had no way of knowing.

Also for some reason the website is chugging for me, which makes reading the archives really hard, especially since Hitball goes on foreveeeeeer. At least Max still does some neat goofs in between the anime fight sequences. Also he's STILL wearing that stupid flower.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wonder how Max knows all this about Hijack? I poked around the archives, and I couldn't find any point where Hijack was making weird conversation with Max. I did find out that this isn't the first time that Max has known weird details about someone that he had no way of knowing

D-do you want to come to my house some time and play Wii Sports!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wonder how Max knows all this about Hijack? I poked around the archives, and I couldn't find any point where Hijack was making weird conversation with Max. I did find out that this isn't the first time that Max has known weird details about someone that he had no way of knowing.

He knows all about Hijack's house and Wii Sports because Hijack invite Max to come to his house and play Wii Sports. And he knows Hijack's a raisin with a belief system because he's seen Hijack and has heard all about the belief system in detail.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Hypocrisy posted:

But Forge is a nice guy who walked away from obvious weakling Spender to let him save the children he was sworn to protect.

He's not a bully who likes hurting people. :(

Well, sort of. He liked hurting Spender (gave him that wonderful foot-shaped burn on his chest). My read on that is because he saw a younger version of himself in Spender, apt to do bad things for causes that he believed at the time to qualify as "the greater good" but which end up just blackening his soul and weighing down his conscience. Basically, they're both on the same character arc, just on different points, and Forge is self-aware enough to realize it.

I don't think you could extrapolate the glee he took at hurting Spender to a general sadism, though - it was obviously very targeted.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

SlothfulCobra posted:

Also for some reason the website is chugging for me, which makes reading the archives really hard, especially since Hitball goes on foreveeeeeer. At least Max still does some neat goofs in between the anime fight sequences. Also he's STILL wearing that stupid flower.

He knows all that stuff about agent Day because she is his childhood best friend's mom/big sister/caretaker, as seen in this flashback:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-112

hence his shocked reaction upon seeing her:
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-136

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RolandTower posted:

He knows all that stuff about agent Day because she is his childhood best friend's mom/big sister/caretaker, as seen in this flashback:

uh pretty sure he just read her facebook page is all,

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RolandTower posted:

Whoa I never realized that was Agent Day in the flashback!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I thought a lot of people brought it up when it happened.