Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
HM: Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H, WWE Roadblock 3/12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
HM: Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose, WWE Championship Match, Roadblock 3/12

I had fun.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
bumping that up to

MOTYC: Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H, WWE Roadblock 3/12

I have a feeling that's going to be one of the best main roster matches this year, and they loving got me again with a Dean dusty finish(ish) and that's worth a hell of a lot

theminx
Jun 7, 2007
I has a bucket.
WWE Roadblock 3 /12

HM : Charlotte v Natalya -Crowd was hot throughout and the match was a bit stiffer than expected. Natty and Charlotte have great chemistry.

HM: HHH v Dean Ambrose- 20 minute match, decent pacing throughout, Dean plays a great babyface. Really fun match to cap off a really fun event.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

theminx posted:

WWE Roadblock 3 /12

HM : Charlotte v Natalya -Crowd was hot throughout and the match was a bit stiffer than expected. Natty and Charlotte have great chemistry.

oh yeah seconding this too, best main roster women's match in a long time and Charlotte's best in-ring performance since the call-up

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ParanoidInc posted:

HM: Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H, WWE Roadblock 3/12

yeah it was very good

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

bumping that up to

I have a feeling that's going to be one of the best main roster matches this year, and they loving got me again with a Dean dusty finish(ish) and that's worth a hell of a lot

yes +1

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

theminx posted:

WWE Roadblock 3 /12

HM: HHH v Dean Ambrose- 20 minute match, decent pacing throughout, Dean plays a great babyface. Really fun match to cap off a really fun event.

Agreeing on both of them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

theminx posted:

WWE Roadblock 3 /12

agreed on both of them

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

theminx posted:

WWE Roadblock 3 /12

Yup for both

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
MOTYC: HHH vs Ambrose at Roadblock 3/12/16
HM: Enzo & Cass Vs Dawson and Wilder: Roadblock 3/12/16

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Brokenogre posted:

Second both of these, especially that NXT tag team match, that was loving great.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: Enzo & Cass vs Dawson & Wilder, WWE Roadblock 3/12/16

drat good tag match also

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

abraham linksys posted:

nominating a match from Raw in TYOOL 2016, sign of the times

HM: Y2AJ vs. The New Day, WWE Raw 3/7

Made everyone look strong, let New Day get a clean pin over two veterans without hurting Jericho or AJ's credibility at all, awesome spots. Got me hyped to see Jericho/AJ at Mania which I didn't even think was possible.

I know you got four but, for emphasis, that was the most fun I've had since I started watching WWE again.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I know I'm being harsh but I'm going WMOTY with Sami Zayn vs Stardust- WWE Roadblock 3/12/16
Did nothing for Sami, in fact made him look bad because he had to sell so much offense for a DOA gimmick, Sami Zayn matches shouldn't be boring, he really needs to stand up for himself to the agents and tell them that he shouldn't be selling offense for 90% of his matches with geeks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wouldn't go for WMOTY but yeah it stank. Stardust is trash and Zayn shouldn't be anywhere close to that level

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Brokenogre posted:

Nth. I'm a little on the fence for HHH vs. Ambrose being MOTYC but I bought that false finish so hard I think it deserves it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

bumping that up to

Nthing. Probably wouldn't say it's even in my top 5 fav matches of the year, but it's one of the best WWE's had in a while.

achillesforever6 posted:

I know I'm being harsh but I'm going WMOTY with Sami Zayn vs Stardust- WWE Roadblock 3/12/16
Did nothing for Sami, in fact made him look bad because he had to sell so much offense for a DOA gimmick, Sami Zayn matches shouldn't be boring, he really needs to stand up for himself to the agents and tell them that he shouldn't be selling offense for 90% of his matches with geeks

I'm gonna have to begrudgingly 2nd this. Easily Zayn's worst match since coming back, arguably worst since being signed. Hope that isn't a sign of things to come for his real main roster outing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

What are the best 5 matches this year because I need to catch up

1. Okada vs Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom 10.

Everything else is (and will be for the rest of the year) vying for a distant number 2 spot.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

3rding that match was hot garbage.

As for 5 best matches of the year in no order:
Okada Tanahashi
Styles Nakamura
Dragon Lee - Kamaitachi (March)
Ospreay-Scurll
Prince Puma-Pentagon Jr-Mil Muertes (March 9th)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to nth Dean/Trips as a full candidate, not just an HM.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

theminx posted:

WWE Roadblock 3 /12

Nth

I will say with the WWE championship match, I wish the announcers were smarter. They could have said that Dean thought the referee was in the pocket of the authority, thus wasting all the time talking to/threatening him. Especially after he makes a hard call out of the corner of his eye, then misses triple H's feet been obviously on the ropes right after.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 14, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm going to nth Dean/Trips as a full candidate, not just an HM.

I'm also nthing it as a full MOTYC.

I can definitely understand knocking off some points for the ending and the broader context of the upcoming Mania title match, but as a wrestling match it was absolutely incredible.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Nth

I will say with the WWE championship match, I wish the announcers were smarter. They could have said that Dean though the referee was in the pocket of the authority, thus wasting all the time talking to/threatening him. Especially after he makes a hard call out of the corner of his eye, then misses triple H's feet been obviously on the ropes right after.

Scott Armstrong wasn't the ref though

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

bradzilla posted:

Scott Armstrong wasn't the ref though

Was it the same guy as the Dusty finish last year with Seth?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

where does this fall on the spectrum of Wrestling Matches That Turn Into Endurance Contests For The Wrestlers And Anyone Watching Too?
I've now watched the entire thing three times, once live and twice on YouTube. They kept the live crowd the entire time, and in the sea of positive responses I've read online I've found only maybe three people that tapped out due to length.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm also nthing it as a full MOTYC.

I can definitely understand knocking off some points for the ending and the broader context of the upcoming Mania title match, but as a wrestling match it was absolutely incredible.

As a wrestling match it had backwards psychology and some sloppy storytelling with the added bonus of repeating some of the stuff in an earlier match. I really liked it but its problems had nothing to do with the ending or Mania.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It is honestly pretty dumb to have a ref point out leg position barely under the bottom rope and then immediately not catch very obvious feet all the way up on the 2nd rope, but WWE gonna WWE.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
HM: Drew Gulak vs. Timothy Thatcher PWG Lemmy 1/2/16

This ruled; there's multiple moments in the match that made me go wow including one great deadlift spot. Worth a watch if you're into the grapply kind of match.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Willninho posted:

HM: Drew Gulak vs. Timothy Thatcher PWG Lemmy 1/2/16

This ruled; there's multiple moments in the match that made me go wow including one great deadlift spot. Worth a watch if you're into the grapply kind of match.

2nd, thatcher a scary man

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MOTYC: Mil Muertes vs. Fenix, Lucha Underground 3/16

Holy loving poo poo

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Holy gently caress

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

agreed, I like bloody brawls a whole lot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

YUUUUP

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

This is the one

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Oh hell yeah!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Nthed

Fenix ripping the mask to audible gasps might be the most dramatic moment in LU so far.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Ahhhh yes yes yes

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
HM: The Revolt (The Bravado Bros., Jake Manning, Kaleb Conley, Zane Riley) vs. The Experience (Adam Page, Corey Hollis, C.W. Anderson, Gunner, and John Skyler) w/ Steve Corino, War Games: The Match Beyond, PWX: The Rise of a Champion XI, 3/13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Agreed

• Locked thread