Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Idk, I just think the simplest explanation is that they showed up to a shoot not knowing there would be some straight up white power bullshit on display that they couldn't edit out and decided to go ahead anyway, and then through the editorial process decided the best thing to do was not hide it and not make it a focal point either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

White supremacy is one of those things that you need to acknowlege, otherwise you're basically condoning/normalizing it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Thought this was amusing and interesting

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/trump_fans_viciously_lampooned_by_new_video1

Thought this was particularly choice

quote:

“I’ve noticed that some of the Trump fans loved it,” said Tyler Montague, founder and president of PIA. “They’re like, ‘Yeah, this is everything Trump is about, this is dead on.’ We’re like, ‘You’re kidding us, right?’”

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

beatlegs posted:

While allowing other members of that family to claim they traditionally voted Democrat (implying they voted for Obama)? I mean it's laughable.

To be fair Arkansas had single party Democratic rule for like 150 years

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

beatlegs posted:

PBS fallin' asleep at the wheel.

Occasionally I read comment sections and that one is funny, because someone screencapped what appears to be Grace Tilly aggressively defending herself on FB. Apparently the cross is just "Odin's Cross" and "you can look it up" and the 88 is uuuuuhhhhh, she hasn't figured that out yet.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

beatlegs posted:

White supremacy is one of those things that you need to acknowlege, otherwise you're basically condoning/normalizing it.

Agreed, but at the same time I don't know how you deal with this directly without blowing up the segment or being complicit in hiding the tats.

Not an excuse or defense for it, none of my posts should be read as much, just a practical attempt to imagine their thought process.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Levantine posted:

Occasionally I read comment sections and that one is funny, because someone screencapped what appears to be Grace Tilly aggressively defending herself on FB. Apparently the cross is just "Odin's Cross" and "you can look it up" and the 88 is uuuuuhhhhh, she hasn't figured that out yet.

You would think she of all people would know to claim Dale Earnhardt Jr

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Plus Flint residents were paying out the nose for that water. Like $70/mo iirc

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Hey, poison ain't cheap.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Hermetic posted:

Well, you've got to be evenhanded (by which we mean "ignore the growing insanity of the political right") in order to tell the full story (by which we mean "keep right-wing politicians from destroying PBS by denying it funding").

I feel like this described pretty much all the "balance" we have these days.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Conservatives are nowadays taking the "entitlement mentality" poo poo so far they are now advocating that people aren't even entitled to the things they have paid for.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Axetrain posted:

Conservatives are nowadays taking the "entitlement mentality" poo poo so far they are now advocating that people aren't even entitled to the things they have paid for.

That seems like a given considering wealth inequality in the USA. Just the math dictates that if your party is defending it you'll eventually have to defend poor people putting their money in the pockets of ALL TIME HIGH SCOOORE rich people and getting jack poo poo for it.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Letting the rich gently caress you as hard as they want is your duty as an American. Complaining about having your life ruined is for people who don't take responsibility for their lives.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Deified Data posted:

My mind had to do a couple flips to see anything resembling a trans joke there, the first obstacle of course being "it's like if Ann Coulter was a male" is such an easier conclusion to reach unless you're actively trying to upset yourself.

Nah there is a long history of joking around that Ann Coulter has a dick in online leftist circles. Started way back in 2005, with the super classy erotic web fiction I hosed Ann Coulter in the rear end, Hard :allears:
Nowadays this is kinda patently a no-no which is why you see hacks like Crowder and republican facebooks memes festering on that stuff.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm happy that people are starting to see through the "Bootstraps" facade that the right wing has been spouting off since the 70's.

The right wing starting to blame the lower and middle class as being the reason for their own problems just makes me laugh. People are starting to see through the bullshit and are having enough.

Denying people have the right to clean drinking water....what in the gently caress? These are the types of things christian loving missionaries talk about when asking for donations for -insert third world country here-

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Clean drinking water is just another one of those totally weird things that America is just too darn different to get right. Like healthcare without a profit motive or not jailing an appalling amount of ethnics. So move along now, nothing to do here.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Clean drinking water is just another one of those totally weird things that America is just too darn different to get right. Like healthcare without a profit motive or not jailing an appalling amount of ethnics. So move along now, nothing to do here.

We really are a third world country in denial, aren't we?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Trump is the el presidente we deserve at this point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Levantine posted:

Yea, its pretty hilarious because the White Power Celtic Cross is very specific and visually different from the normal one.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Geostomp posted:

If you look at right wing thought they really, really want America to be a third world country. We're also progressing to that point too. For as much as the right likes to chest thump about how awesome America is and we're #1 in literally everything we, well, aren't. America is lagging behind the rest of the developed world in everything that isn't putting people in jail or military spending. That gap increases every year.

Now we're starting to see some brain drain going on; college grads that can't find decent jobs and can't pay their student loans are going "lol gently caress this poo poo" and buggering off to Europe. Can you blame them? Same with extremely Republican states. The educated and skilled are leaving for less lovely places.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Now we're starting to see some brain drain going on; college grads that can't find decent jobs and can't pay their student loans are going "lol gently caress this poo poo" and buggering off to Europe. Can you blame them? Same with extremely Republican states. The educated and skilled are leaving for less lovely places.

You had me up to this. As far as I can tell, people still come from around the world to study at our top universities and work in high tech jobs.

Maybe I'm just biased because I live in Silicon Valley, but I definitely don't see the educated and skilled leaving the US.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Maybe I'm just biased because I live in Silicon Valley, but I definitely don't see the educated and skilled leaving the US.

Yeah, you have a pretty skewed perspective

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If you look at right wing thought they really, really want America to be a third world country. We're also progressing to that point too. For as much as the right likes to chest thump about how awesome America is and we're #1 in literally everything we, well, aren't. America is lagging behind the rest of the developed world in everything that isn't putting people in jail or military spending. That gap increases every year.

There is not an appreciable amount of people going to Europe from the US.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Germans did the math on subsidizing foreigners in universities and figured that if they stay in country for 2 or 3 years and work at a German company, they will have effectively paid back the government expenditures via income tax. Math is fun. Investing in your country's/society's future is even more fun.

Anyways, have a funny clip making fun of Australian news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrRSnkvFNw

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Yeah, you have a pretty skewed perspective

Is there any data on educated Americans fleeing the country?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I have no idea, but you can't extrapolate your experiences from the heart of the tech startup bubble to the rest of the country dude

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DeadlyMuffin posted:

You had me up to this. As far as I can tell, people still come from around the world to study at our top universities and work in high tech jobs.

That's one of the cases where there's some disconnect. A lot of the world's top schools are still in America and the tech sector is still very American.

computer parts posted:

There is not an appreciable amount of people going to Europe from the US.

What I read was that people under absurd amounts of student loans that could find work in Europe have, in small but significant numbers, been living in places like Germany, sometimes for grad school, sometimes for work. Then just not coming back. One of the weird things is that some found they could safely just ignore their loans so long as they left the U.S. and never came back.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Sue the Flint residents for stealing lead, this entitlement mentality has gone too far when people think they can just hoard costly heavy metals in their tissues without paying fair market value.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Back to the topic of the thread; Master Shake was ranting about yesterdays results, and the best part was that he stated that Cruz would have had a good night last night, if it weren't for Rubio, Kasich, and Trump.

He then paused for several seconds to reflect on the gravity of that statement.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Goatman Sacks posted:

Back to the topic of the thread; Master Shake was ranting about yesterdays results, and the best part was that he stated that Cruz would have had a good night last night, if it weren't for Rubio, Kasich, and Trump.

Wait, Master Levin actually reconsidered what he said? Is the world ending?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Same with extremely Republican states. The educated and skilled are leaving for less lovely places.

I went from Florida to Washington and, while my quality of life is insanely better, I feel guilty about making Florida slightly more Republican.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ToxicSlurpee posted:

What I read was that people under absurd amounts of student loans that could find work in Europe have, in small but significant numbers, been living in places like Germany, sometimes for grad school, sometimes for work. Then just not coming back. One of the weird things is that some found they could safely just ignore their loans so long as they left the U.S. and never came back.

This is why there aren't appreciable numbers. Certainly there aren't now in the midst of a refugee crisis.

IllIllIll
Feb 17, 2012

RZA Encryption posted:

I went from Florida to Washington and, while my quality of life is insanely better, I feel guilty about making Florida slightly more Republican.

The worst part is that this is going to make political polarization even worse. America would be a much better place if people encountered a large spectrum of political views in their daily lives, but this basically never happens.

Did that ever used to happen? There's certainly evidence that ideologically, Americans are more polarized than ever - but has the geographic aspect of that gotten worse as well?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

IllIllIll posted:

Did that ever used to happen? There's certainly evidence that ideologically, Americans are more polarized than ever - but has the geographic aspect of that gotten worse as well?

Not especially. the "Solid South" has been a thing since Reconstruction. Outside of there, you had Democrats running the major cities' political machines and I'm not 100% sure what Republicans were up to but with the exception of Grover Cleveland and Woodrow Wilson they had utter dominance of the White House from the 1870s until the Great Depression.

It's quite possible that will make a return, with the roles reversed.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

computer parts posted:

Not especially. the "Solid South" has been a thing since Reconstruction. Outside of there, you had Democrats running the major cities' political machines and I'm not 100% sure what Republicans were up to but with the exception of Grover Cleveland and Woodrow Wilson they had utter dominance of the White House from the 1870s until the Great Depression.

It's quite possible that will make a return, with the roles reversed.

Yeah, the Democrats were explicitly on the losing side of the Civil War. It took a long time for them to be considered a respectable national party after that.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Crowsbeak posted:

Wait, Master Levin actually reconsidered what he said? Is the world ending?

No I mean he added a dramatic pause as if he thought what he had said was a tremendous revelation, that one guy would have won, were it not for the other 3 guys running.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Back to the topic of the thread; Master Shake was ranting about yesterdays results, and the best part was that he stated that Cruz would have had a good night last night, if it weren't for Rubio, Kasich, and Drumpf.

It was pretty classic. He spent a good while ranting about how Trump is a liberal who wants to rule with a DICTATORIAL IRON FIST because he wants to make deals with people in congress to get things done. Then he turned around and said he liked Ted Cruz because Ted Cruz wouldn't make deals.

Isn't being an intransigent rear end in a top hat the kind of a thing dictators who rule with iron fists do?

In his sputtering he also managed to gently caress up a cliche beyond recognition, "All of a sudden deal-making is the realm of the coin!"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Embrace diversity as an excuse to kill the poor and strip mine social services!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's one of the cases where there's some disconnect. A lot of the world's top schools are still in America and the tech sector is still very American.

I have several friends from the biological sciences who did exactly this, and I'm starting to consider it myself. There is just so much more opportunity in other parts of the world for a scientist and I have zero qualms about abandoning my loans and this festering country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

Yet another hosed up tangent on Flint - Why were they paying so much for water to begin with? Michigan is the epicenter of the largest group of freshwater lakes at least in North America; and I remember from living in Midland, Traverse City, East Lansing and Grand Rapids that the water bills were pretty low.