Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
No mention of Ricky Ortiz on Cha$e?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Sable was also on Relic Hunter. Her character's disappearance at the end was meant to be ambiguous so it could be a recurring role, but she was such a pain in the rear end that nobody wanted to work with her again.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Test played Kane on an episode of some show called "18 Wheels of Justice."

Well, not literally Kane, but he wore a mask like the kind Kane used to wear, and he was in some underground fighting league.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Test played Kane on an episode of some show called "18 Wheels of Justice."

Well, not literally Kane, but he wore a mask like the kind Kane used to wear, and he was in some underground fighting league.

Oh dear god, I clicked that link way too fast and misread that as 'underground fisting league.' :stonk:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Before John Cena entered the WWE, or possibly just after, he appeared on some reality paintball hunter show and was called Big Tim (I think).

I caught one episode of it, and it was as good as it sounds.....

Edit: TV Show was called Manhunt (2001)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299349/

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 16, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Big Show and Grandmaster Sexay were both guest stars on episodes of UPN's iconic smash hit series Shasta McNasty starring Jake Busey.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The Rock squashed Jeri Ryan so hard that she divorced her husband and paved the way for Obama to become President.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/survey-says-the-somewhat-definitive-history-of-wrestlers-on-family-feud/

Wrestling has a long, varied, and somewhat well-documented relationship with Family Feud.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Holy poo poo that Space Ghost episode is the most 90s thing ever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

The Rock was in an episode of That 70s Show playing his own father, Rocky Johnson.

This one was great because it led to Meltzer explaining why this made no sense in the historical context.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

JJ question.... was it really him singing at the ppv with the other band/singers in 98?

There has been no follow up on it, at least not to what I've watched up to (Summer Slam 98), but I remember reading something about an angle where someone else was singing his songs, or was this a previous angle or another wrestler altogether?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Electric Lady posted:

Stone Cold was actually a recurring character on Nash Bridges.

There WAS an "ultimate fighting" episode of Nash Bridges, though, which featured Ken Shamrock doing bare-handed murder in the opening sting (before disappearing from the rest of the episode) and Dan Severn, wearing a ninja costume and ambushing the heroes with throwing stars.

Over in Japan, I found out that there was some random teenage romance movie that featured Manabu Nakanishi as a mover, with a crew consisting of Abdullah Kobayashi, Mammoth Sasaki, and a mysteriously masked Daisuke Sekimoto:

I know plenty more of this stupid poo poo but I think all of it begins to stray outside of the scope of the original question.

Halloween Jack posted:

That sounds like a much more fun version of Champions, a really bad "underground death fighting" movie with Ken Shamrock as the final boss. It had really lousy fight choreography.

Champions' strength was in its dialogue

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

HHH was in Blade 3 and got to say "dick" a lot and had a little cute monster dog.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

freeranger posted:

JJ question.... was it really him singing at the ppv with the other band/singers in 98?

There has been no follow up on it, at least not to what I've watched up to (Summer Slam 98), but I remember reading something about an angle where someone else was singing his songs, or was this a previous angle or another wrestler altogether?

That was the origin of Road Dogg. He was originally JJ's roadie, imaginatively named The Roadie, and JJ scored a big country single that it eventually came out was actually The Roadie singing. After JJ left WWF to go to WCW, The Roadie started teaming up with the Honky Tonk Man's protoge Rockabilly, aka Billy Gunn.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Fake Undertaker and Crush were both in a bollywood movie for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJztmD_AZ6E

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan, Luther Reigns and one other giant i forget are in the classic Muay Thai Giant.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The greatest pro wrestler of all time Mark Coleman was supposedly in Carman's "R.I.O.T." but we couldn't find him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Bam Bam Bigelow also got beaten up by Damon Wayans in Major Payne, and WCW sent Raven and Konnan, of all people, to the Donnie & Marie Show as guests.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Macho Man jobbed to a guinea pig on Weird Al's show.

Was it Nash or Big Show on that 3D episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Alaois posted:

That was the origin of Road Dogg. He was originally JJ's roadie, imaginatively named The Roadie, and JJ scored a big country single that it eventually came out was actually The Roadie singing. After JJ left WWF to go to WCW, The Roadie started teaming up with the Honky Tonk Man's protoge Rockabilly, aka Billy Gunn.

Thanks for that, I thought that was the case with Road Dogg.... So I am also to assume that it was actually JJ singing at whatever the hell PPV it was then.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan, Luther Reigns and one other giant i forget are in the classic Muay Thai Giant.

And the obvious mention of Nathan Jones in Fury Road. His career trajectory is kind of funny. Armed robber, prison inmate, powerlifter, MMA fighter, pro wrestler, actor. He's had more success in spite of himself than anyone else I can think of.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Also Big Show was in the Waterboy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sandler's The Longest Yard remake had Austin, Goldberg, Khali, Kurrgan and I think some other dudes?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

projecthalaxy posted:

That's what Nathan Jones quit wrestling to do - be an actor in Thai action movies. (Also some little indie thing called Mad Max.)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i'm going to a LU taping on sunday. i doubt i'll be able to watch more than like.... 5-6 hours while cleaning and stuff to get familiar on saturday afternoon. would anyone have a good primer of videos?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

BrigadierSensible posted:

That's what Nathan Jones quit wrestling to do - be an actor in Thai action movies. (Also some little indie thing called Mad Max.)

he got murdered by brad pitt in troy as well

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Die Laughing posted:

Macho Man jobbed to a guinea pig on Weird Al's show.

It was Harvey The Wonder Hamster, the greatest pet in the whole wide world.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

projecthalaxy posted:

Sandler's The Longest Yard remake had Austin, Goldberg, Khali, Kurrgan and I think some other dudes?

Austin, Goldberg, Khali, Nash, and Bob Sapp.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

That DICK! posted:

i'm going to a LU taping on sunday. i doubt i'll be able to watch more than like.... 5-6 hours while cleaning and stuff to get familiar on saturday afternoon. would anyone have a good primer of videos?

Well, if you're going now, you're going to be watching Season 3, when Season 2 only started a few weeks ago on TV, so you're gonna be going in cold regardless.

I don't think links are kosher now, since it's available for purchase on the iTunes store, but you should watch:

Aztec Warfare (like the Royal Rumble, but pinfall instead of over-the-top)
Grave Consequences (The only good Casket Match)
Both episodes of the S1 finale, Ultima Lucha.

The Prince Puma vs Johnny Mundo Iron Man match was really good too, but not a super important watch.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

freeranger posted:

Thanks for that, I thought that was the case with Road Dogg.... So I am also to assume that it was actually JJ singing at whatever the hell PPV it was then.

In Your House 2 or 3 in 1995 I think. Based on the way he used to sing the song to the ring when he came back as "The Real Double J" in 96, I'm pretty sure Road Dogg was always the one singing it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In terms of wrestler guest appearances, this one's always seemed odd to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8f0zPXLE-A

Randy Savage promoting his rap album by showing up on a Newgrounds cartoon series.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Go RV! posted:

Grave Consequences (The only good Casket Match)

Uh the first WSX title match featured a tombstone into an exploding casket, you're def wrong here.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Gavok posted:

In terms of wrestler guest appearances, this one's always seemed odd to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8f0zPXLE-A

Randy Savage promoting his rap album by showing up on a Newgrounds cartoon series.

Holy poo poo this is the opposite of humor.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Steve Austin was on Dilbert, as himself, and Bill Goldberg was on Family Guy as angry bus riding dude.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
There was also a pretty amusing King of the Hill episode with Randy Savage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XexnGXeXlPU

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Dexter's Lab too.

https://youtu.be/t6VK3Su3SkM

Did Mantaur wrestle in the headgear?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

He was a loving beast in Tony Jaa's "The Protector", otherwise known as the best martial arts movie until the Raid 2 came out.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Has anybody posted the straight to DVD horror film staring Rey Mysterio as a serial killer?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Has anybody posted the straight to DVD horror film staring Rey Mysterio as a serial killer?

that was Rey Mysterio Sr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Someone post Ox Baker's appearance on The Price is Right.

magnum_valentino posted:

Did Mantaur wrestle in the headgear?
Ha! He couldn't even get through the ropes with it.

Writer Cath posted:

Sable was also on Relic Hunter. Her character's disappearance at the end was meant to be ambiguous so it could be a recurring role, but she was such a pain in the rear end that nobody wanted to work with her again.
It's strange to me that she married Lesnar, who seems to be a borderline psychopath who doesn't enjoy the company of other human beings. I'm not sure I want to know how that relationship works.