Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
My mom uses emoji and snapchat. My mother in law plays games on her phone at dinner. The millennial mentality knows no bounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

final2percent posted:

excellent evidence of time lag between U.S. and U.K. (approx. 5 yrs)

Nah Hipster Millennial types were featured in Nathan Barley which aired in 2005 and is scarily prescient (being written by Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker helped)

The whole series is on Youtube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06AS8SiY3rw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgsBYRVt3Ks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJcInyZbLz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6AsO8nKhnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCBJpAR9k3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkV6-L_JcbQ

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

^ this belongs in a museum!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Im glad we agree

E: point is it's not recommended as "the thing to do" like it was up until 20-30 years ago. Some dr's are of course still do it frequently, but the majority of evidence doesnt support the benefits we thought it held for the mother and her taint

It's situational, there's no right or wrong answer. If the woman isn't dialated enough and the baby is coming something has to give. A surgical cut heals much better than a tear.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Babies, born taint reapers.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

VendaGoat posted:

Babies, born taint reapers.

Reminds me, I need to get a new bicycle seat

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

If the woman isn't dialated enough and the baby is coming something has to give. A surgical cut heals much better than a tear.

That surgical cut is likely to be too deep and extensive, so no it usually doesnt heal better or lead to less complications

Sometimes it is the best option available but if the health of the fetus isn't being compromised its better to let them tear

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

That surgical cut is likely to be too deep and extensive, so no it usually doesnt heal better or lead to less complications

Thats quite a statement you're making based on a hypothetical. If a doctor rips your heart out while doing a lung transplant that doesn't mean lung transplants are a bad idea.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

MrMoo posted:

People with powerpoint jobs not knowing how to use powerpoint. I've seen a lot of presentations with non-fullscreen slides recently.

Stupid slides which are read verbatim and contain too much detail are almost mandatory.

Yeah, I've seen that a lot lately, too. I think this is because screens are wide now, instead of 4:3.

Also, if all of the slides are listed right there, you don't have to put any thought into navigation when building the presentation.

naem posted:

I remember using mapquest to print out directions to carry around with me and thinking how crazy it was to be living in the future

I remember downloading my MapQuest directions onto my Palm Pilot before I left the house, and thinking that was high-tech poo poo.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I remember downloading my MapQuest directions onto my Palm Pilot before I left the house, and thinking that was high-tech poo poo.

I remember taking pictures of video game strategy guides with my Game Boy camera at friends house or the video/grocery/book store and feeling like a loving outlaw galore.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
As someone who has just found out they are pregnant for the first time, this thread has taken a very unpleasant turn.

Here is an article about how to treat Millennials when it comes to faith

quote:

In my own experience with members of the millennial generation, I have become aware that if I respond to someone in his or her 20’s as I would to someone who is 55, the young person will likely turn me off. For example, if someone 55 asks me how to meditate, I’ll explain steps to meditation and may offer to do it with the person as a coach. But if someone 25 asked me, that response won’t seem authentic and will seem like I’m trying to be an authority. If I respond by saying, “There are lots of ways to meditate, but let me tell you what I do and what it’s like for me,” I’ll have a much better connection. In other words, the common ground is the actual experience.

I think the millennial generation poses a fundamental problem for spiritual and religious teachers of older generations. Millennials want to know that we are people on a journey just like they are. We have an opportunity to make a connection with them when we share authentically from our own experience. Millennials don’t want to know how to pray, practice, or believe. They are interested in how prayer, spiritual practice, and belief are part of an individual’s life. As I’ve thought about this, I’ve come to understand that if religious and spiritual leaders had done this all along, the world would likely be a very different place.

http://blog.loukavar.com/2015/10/17/millennials-spirituality-and-religion/

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Rondette posted:

As someone who has just found out they are pregnant for the first time, this thread has taken a very unpleasant turn.

Here is an article about how to treat Millennials when it comes to faith

http://blog.loukavar.com/2015/10/17/millennials-spirituality-and-religion/

As authentic as an 86 lb lumberjack who gives ukelele lessons in a loft downtown.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Sometimes it is the best option available but if the health of the fetus isn't being compromised its better to let them tear

Generally the episiotomy is done to the side at an angle, so already it's gonna heal better from the fact that it's not a highway between the taint and the vag. Ripping into the anus is what they're trying to avoid in the first place.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Let's see what those wacky millennials are up to, how are they preparing for spring?

oh... :smith:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can someone identify exactly what it was that made beards suddenly popular all over the western world again?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

sharia

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Zzulu posted:

Can someone identify exactly what it was that made beards suddenly popular all over the western world again?

I think it started 2 or 3 years ago when noshave November made the rounds big time on Facebook, where you weren't supposed to shave for a whole month and some idiots bought into big time and haven't shaved since.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

The rise of hipsters and techies, which led to the whole cargo cult masculinity behind things like everyone getting beards and tattoos.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mad Monk posted:

I think it started 2 or 3 years ago when noshave November made the rounds big time on Facebook, where you weren't supposed to shave for a whole month and some idiots bought into big time and haven't shaved since.

Guys with weak chins and flabby trying to look masculine to match all the bearded former military guys going to their school on the gi bill

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zzulu posted:

some celebrity or something i guess

i think that's also how man buns soared in popularity

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Guys with weak chins and flabby trying to look masculine to match all the bearded former military guys going to their school on the gi bill

do you think they ever get a tickled feeling when people ask them if they served

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Justin Tyme posted:

do you think they ever get a tickled feeling when people ask them if they served

"I served my nation by performing search and rescue (exercises) in Civil Air Patrol"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Booblord Zagats posted:

"I served my nation by performing valiant efforts regarding emoticon genders on twitter"

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

that's the ebb and flow of fashion my man

like those 80s guys who sported a mullet and mustache, they'll eventually regret it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

Rumor claims the cleanshaven look only got popular because of WW1 and WW2 requiring people to shave for gas masks, but now that ~~ high speed ~~ guys are allowed to have beards its made it popular again. Who knows.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

That too, yeah

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nothing is funnier than a balding guy with a patchy beard

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Booblord Zagats posted:

An obese woman wearing makeup?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Darth123123 posted:

An obese woman wearing makeup?

Same vein, for sure

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Asian guys with beards are pretty funny

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a millenial and i don't have instagram, only check twitter because I follow local news stations, and i hate craft beer.

I don't even know how reddit works.

These are some of my proudest accomplishments. poo poo, am i just ahead of the hipster curve? Fuuuuuuu

naem
May 29, 2011

Mad Monk posted:

Let's see what those wacky millennials are up to, how are they preparing for spring?

oh... :smith:

Those guys balls are going to squash each other's flower beards when they chug dong

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

Fat girls with no tits.

Wait, no thats just sad.

crankybastard
Jan 4, 2005

naem posted:

Those guys balls are going to squash each other's flower beards when they chug dong

That sentence is simply magical.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Mad Monk posted:

That's an offshoot of Movember which started out in Australia about 10 years ago so you can blame us. I swear nobody actually grew beards outside that month until a few years ago, though. Being clean shaven I'm basically a minority these days.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I know some people with a bad case of baby face and they honestly look way better with a beard.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I would never wear that color bra.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SilkyP posted:

Asian guys with beards are pretty funny

Theyre always follicly challenged