Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

kingcobweb posted:

LLJK has historical importance

I second this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
yeah, once again, Kaela, please lemme know once you're ready and I can grab the tag

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I will play graves forever

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Why do you want to like a champion that you don't? He's not a champion hats even adequate until you've played a hundred games on them, so why not play something you find fun? Try Talon, Diana, or Fizz and see if they click with you.

I find Yi fun and he clicks with me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tags can be five letters right? SQUID is probably pretty gud.

LunaSky
Sep 10, 2008

Even Diablo has a soft side
Someone on LAN please play with me! IGN: Not A Rude Dude. I like to play support and ARAMs.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

alright need a tag suggestion for the overflow parking crew

no methanar suggestions accepted

gowby

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Shortest Path posted:

Tags can be five letters right? SQUID is probably pretty gud.

the rabidsquid fan club

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The long-awaited Fish Armor Prize (only 90s kids will get this)

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
CUCK
PLEBS
TURDS
POTTY
RANCID
TURGID
DILZ
WIMPS

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
BEEZY

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Teach Me How To [gowby]

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Me every game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

NTT posted:

Jhin...is good

Methanar posted:

Me every game
Hey if you guys want a Posting Boost I can make decent posts from your account, bring you up like three tiers in a week. Reasonable rates

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
who did you hire to do that for you

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Alright, took a sec but we've managed to not lose the LLJK tag. If you were in the previous club I had, accept invites to the L33T LIEK JEFF K club, it's got the proper tag and all that poo poo. As always, feel free to throw me friend requests and i'll put you in this one. Sorry for the confusion, Kaela grabbed the club tag because yknow, we could have lost it, so there's that. I'll take a look at requests and stuff when i get home from work tommorow, so we'll go from there!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hate clubs, they're making me feel outcasted because I'm too lazy to join one.

Just like real life.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tired Moritz posted:

I hate clubs, they're making me feel outcasted because I'm too lazy to join one.

Just like real life.

This is real life.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is real life.

Is it just fantasy? Caught in the landslide. No belt bra could contain me.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Open your game, look at the launcher and seeeeeeeeeee
I'm just a poor bronze
I need a better team (because they're feeding kills, wasting skills, truly I'm, in e low hell)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Anywhere the wind blows.
Top Lane Yasuo (idk tho).
Doesn't really matter to me.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Mama, just fed a lane

Put a q against head

Pressed the button now i'm dead

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ok this is the worst. Can we go back to support lux or the dude who thought counter jungling was a cheese strategy

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Brand is totally like Annie because they both shoot fire.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is real life.

Doctor Tim Whately

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

*Sejuani dies trying to steal tier 1 mid turret 45 minutes into the game*

*Vel'koz dies keeping enemy team off idiots backing in the middle of the loving lane while we're being chased*

Sejuani: God dammit Vel'koz why are you so loving bad at this game??

Rest of team: Yeah Vel'koz what the gently caress???

Good to see this game hasn't changed in the years I've spent away from it.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
maybe you shouldn't have died, velkoz

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
as a velkoz lover I empathize with that velkoz

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

henkman posted:

maybe you shouldn't have died, velkoz

A fair and valid criticism, I'll try to do better in the future.

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Methanar posted:

Me every game

Happened twice to me tonight, too. My connection was fine.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I had a weird game yesterday where despite being the only person not feeding my team decided I was the one that they were going to poo poo on

Like I was 1-0 and up 30 cs as Gangplank against Kayle which isn't a super easy matchup, the rest of the team was 0-10 and I placed an ult at a dragon fight in like maybe an inch or two away from optimal position and mid said "nice ult you loving suck" or something and the rest of the team actually joined him and just poo poo on me for the rest of the game even when I was doing comparably much better

Really weird, I wonder if I just got filled in like a 4-stack or something, I've never been poo poo on simultaneously by 4 people who are feeding while I'm actually doing well before

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

It's really stupid that stuns don't prevent you from casting spells if you've begun the animation. Why is that a thing? Is it just lol rito spaghetti code?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

I had a weird game yesterday where despite being the only person not feeding my team decided I was the one that they were going to poo poo on

Like I was 1-0 and up 30 cs as Gangplank against Kayle which isn't a super easy matchup, the rest of the team was 0-10 and I placed an ult at a dragon fight in like maybe an inch or two away from optimal position and mid said "nice ult you loving suck" or something and the rest of the team actually joined him and just poo poo on me for the rest of the game even when I was doing comparably much better

Really weird, I wonder if I just got filled in like a 4-stack or something, I've never been poo poo on simultaneously by 4 people who are feeding while I'm actually doing well before

I've found there tends to be a sort of peer pressure mentality where everyone will jump on the one guy who gets called out for his big mistake, and they will then be very quick to follow up with rage on anything they perceive as being bad, even if it isn't.

Thousands of games and I've seen the same sorts of behaviors and patterns game after game, it gets predictable.

One guy threw me for a loop, I carried him the previous game as a hydra/black cleaver AD wukong, he seemed to appreciate the carry, the very next game I get him again and I went hydra/black cleaver again, but he went absolutely toxic raging hard because he wanted me to go pure tank, which I think is rather awful on wukong, I wasn't doing bad either, but he refused to join fights or stop raging because of the exact same sort of build I carried him with the previous game, I just couldn't understand what flipped inside his mind from the previous game to cause him to flip out and cause himself a loss like that.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BigLeafyTree posted:

It's really stupid that stuns don't prevent you from casting spells if you've begun the animation. Why is that a thing? Is it just lol rito spaghetti code?

Because the game isn't based around a mechanic like Guild Wars's Mesmer, where you can interrupt anything if you time it right. There are spells that need to channel, and there are spells with a brief cast time just to make it a little easier to juke. It would be silly if you could stop any spell with a stun of your own.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
its fine either way. this is the way it is and its good, but if they somehow designed stuns to interrupt everything, that would also be fine (and require rebalancing)

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sometimes you can stop spells, sometimes you cannot, sometimes you stop the animation but the spell goes through, sometimes you stop the spell but the animation goes through.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is anyone else playing Kindred mid? I think it's... pretty good.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bholder posted:

Sometimes you can stop spells, sometimes you cannot, sometimes you stop the animation but the spell goes through, sometimes you stop the spell but the animation goes through.

Cleanse and Yasuo is my favourite interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

Is anyone else playing Kindred mid? I think it's... pretty good.

Short Range ADC with okay sustain. So you can bully a couple levels and then you really, really hope the Jungler doesn't show up or that your lane opponent doesn't actually have burst.

But hey, easy access to crabs! Doesn't seem terrible but I don't really see why I'd take it over many, many other things.

• Locked thread