Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

Down here we have a hotdog place called mustards last stand. It's not bad. My favorites are hotdog with the latka in it and the chilidog in a lightly fried tortilla covered in salsa and cheese.

That name is beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

oh my god Anet we need new content, please

Someday, you will get to do bar brawls!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Who's hungry?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I think poutine needs a rework so we can call it California cuisine. How do you guys feel about the gravy and cheese curds but then topped off with avocado and blueberries?

And some lemon zest.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I think poutine needs a rework so we can call it California cuisine. How do you guys feel about the gravy and cheese curds but then topped off with avocado and blueberries?

And some lemon zest.

I mean, there's already carne asada fries which consist of guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and carne asada served on french fries.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Captain McStabbin posted:

I mean, there's already carne asada fries which consist of guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and carne asada served on french fries.

These are much better than poutine btw

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Yo, I'm organizing Raid Group 2, tomorrow Thursday at 9pm EST. Goals are to get VG down pat and try Gorseval, and get us the Mastery points to prep for Sabetha.

Send me a PM with your character name/profession/gear prefix and preferred role, and other alt character/gear you have to reserve your spot and so I can get a count on what we have and what we need. Or send me a mail in-game to Higgsmage.

No prior raid experience required, but you will need to be willing to research the fight and your roles.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 17, 2016

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

keep going I'm almost there

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The WvW team is considering reverting the desert borderlands into the alpine borderlands.

Mike O' Brien posted:

As we said in the AMA, our top internal priorities have been population balance and rewards. From this thread, your top five priorities are, in order:
1. Stability & skill balance
2. Fix or revert DBL
3. Rewards
4. Population balance
5. Scoring

Yes, we will take the feedback and make stability, general skill balance, and fixing/reverting DBL our top priorities. We’re not currently working on scoring and that has to be a longer-term project.

Karl is working specifically on WvW-focused skill balance. He’s looking for the wins for WvW that don’t screw the rest of the game.

We’re investigating whether to fix or revert DBL. They’re both a lot of work. These next couple days will be your last chance to give feedback before we make a decision, so speak now or forever hold your peace.

I want to reiterate that everything we work on either ships in April or starts beta-testing on Live servers in April. We’re locking down dev work for the April release soon — next up is localization, QA, integration and regression testing — but we’ll extend the deadline for WvW skill balance.

There is one thing that doesn’t need to get wrapped up into the April release: Friday night resets. That doesn’t require a Live build. We’ll do it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I tried raiding the other day in Magres's training raid the other day and actually enjoyed it. However, I was considering making a condi class to have as a backup. Which class the easiest condi build to pick up rotation-wise?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Mike O'Brien posted:

beta-testing on Live servers
This phrase will never not amuse me. Agile development, test in production :w00t:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

today i got Raid Loot™, it was a trinket that will slightly increase my damage on an alt character that i don't really play

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dreggon posted:

today i got Raid Loot™, it was a trinket that will slightly increase my damage on an alt character that i don't really play

Make sure to update the spreadsheet so we can keep track of alt raid teams and their gearing

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

I tried raiding the other day in Magres's training raid the other day and actually enjoyed it. However, I was considering making a condi class to have as a backup. Which class the easiest condi build to pick up rotation-wise?

Venomshare Daredevil is dead simple, but you're at like 11,000 health and medium armor, so you have to be careful. Free evades on Death Blossom and dodge spam at least.
Viper Horror Reaper is probably your best bet, but if you're making ascended viper armor, it isn't terribly useful for Ele or Mesmer, where Druid and Engineer can also use it pretty well (though their rotations are the most annoying.) It's also almost entirely ranged damage.
Not sure what people think of Burnzerker anymore but you don't have to worry about positioning your fields perfectly on VG/Sabetha since they fixed it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Anyone have any idea why Sanctum Scramble is only giving me the 2 and 3 skills and not the 1 skill? It's really frustrating

E: Doesn't matter, completed it anyway and got my Powdered Aurillium :hellyeah:

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 17, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

Anyone have any idea why Sanctum Scramble is only giving me the 2 and 3 skills and not the 1 skill? It's really frustrating

E: Doesn't matter, completed it anyway and got my Powdered Aurillium :hellyeah:

it's a bug, you can still get gold though

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Dreggon posted:

dreggon please end this game's miserable existence already you vengeful and lustful god of southern hemisphere chaos

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

Condi Necromancer / Reaper are very powerful, and are disgustingly strong in the new wing that just came out. You can abuse conditions applied by environmental effects (like transferring 40 stacks of poison back to Matthias) and Epidemic mobs down almost immediately. It's also not that hard to play, because around half of your damage is going to come from minions attacking and transferring conditions off of you, so all you really have to worry about is autoattacking with Scepter and using Scepter or Dagger skills. You can also pick up a lot of group support with life steal and Transfusion at the cost of the Reaper line if you chose to do so. Venomshare Daredevil is also fairly simple, and like mentioned earlier, medium Viper's armor is useful on all of the classes that use medium armor

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

AnacondaHL posted:

Yo, I'm organizing Raid Group 2, tomorrow Thursday at 9pm. Goals are to get VG down pat and try Gorseval, and get us the Mastery points to prep for Sabetha.

Send me a PM with your character name/profession/gear prefix and preferred role, and other alt character/gear you have so I can get a count on what we have and what we need. Or send me a mail in-game to Higgsmage.

No prior raid experience required, but you will need to be willing to research the fight and your roles.

Uh, est or pst? This is important as I have work tomorrow.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Sprite141 posted:

9pm EST.

I should also mention we will be using Discord for this run, please make sure you've setup all that nonsense.

Reserve your spot today! (or just show up and say you want to come in GOON guild chat).

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

AnacondaHL posted:

9pm EST.

I should also mention we will be using Discord for this run, please make sure you've setup all that nonsense.

Reserve your spot today! (or just show up and say you want to come in GOON guild chat).

Oh cool. Hey as long as it doesn't take over 3 hours I should be good to go. :toot:
I'll shoot you a pm.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Now someone just swap Asura Butt in instead of the quaggan and we're good to go.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Sprite141 posted:

Just a friendly reminder to Americans, most of you guys are currently in EDT(or PDT whatever) which is not the same as EST/PST.

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

Captain Blaargh posted:

Now someone just swap Asura Butt in instead of the quaggan and we're good to go.

Also, as a bonus for [GOON]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQy0TdXH1Q

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

shrach posted:

Just a friendly reminder to Americans, most of you guys are currently in EDT(or PDT whatever) which is not the same as EST/PST.

Friendly reminder to you British that it's not the 16th century anymore and you can't tell us what to do.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Friendly reminder to you British that it's not the 16th century anymore and you can't tell us what to do.

Y'all could use the queen again tbf

Starli
Sep 20, 2007
It's like everything in the history of human civilization that sucks got together, wrote some lyrics, produced some beats, and hired Shiva the Destroyer to sing.

AnacondaHL posted:

9pm EST.

Can an Elementalist Staff player be able to participate in the raid without too much carrying? - I'm going to be on tonite in time for this and was curious about raids - I've only ever played Staff >.>; BUT I can dodge circles pretty good!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I didn't think hearing about raiding in the gw2 thread would be as gross as it is.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I didn't think hearing about raiding in the gw2 thread would be as gross as it is.
has any goon group been able to clear the faust dps check yet?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Both of these are :perfect:

Thank-you

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Starli posted:

Can an Elementalist Staff player be able to participate in the raid without too much carrying? - I'm going to be on tonite in time for this and was curious about raids - I've only ever played Staff >.>; BUT I can dodge circles pretty good!

Staff Ele is more or less fine, though your dps against the first boss won't be great cause it's small and moves a lot

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Starli posted:

Yes, Staff Ele is very participate-able! Unfortunately for you, I only play Elementalist so I will be giving you way way too much advice and details on all the options you have as an Ele in raids.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

20 minutes until Raid 2 :getin:

edit: discord :arghfist: and inability to copypaste text in gw2 :arghfist: https://discord.gg/0iSisYblqCtRyjnM

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 18, 2016

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

"I am the scythe, the bringer of salvation."

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Good raidin sfd lads, arus is proud.

Also remember the time zone changes for wvw and guild missions! people showed up after it was finished! Check the MOTD

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Good raidin sfd lads, arus is proud.

Also remember the time zone changes for wvw and guild missions! people showed up after it was finished! Check the MOTD

I'm v proud sfd, I raided in my daydreams with you

Starli
Sep 20, 2007
It's like everything in the history of human civilization that sucks got together, wrote some lyrics, produced some beats, and hired Shiva the Destroyer to sing.

AnacondaHL posted:

20 minutes until Raid 2 :getin:

edit: discord :arghfist: and inability to copypaste text in gw2 :arghfist: https://discord.gg/0iSisYblqCtRyjnM

The raid was a ton of fun! thank you for putting that together for us nubs :)

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

And some lemon zest.

gently caress avocados.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

"I am the scythe, the bringer of salvation."

i remember you saying that in raid today and thinking of this exact scene, goddamn

• Locked thread