Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Poil posted:

Only 10 episodes? Don't they usually go 12?

Usually yes. This was supposedly set for 11 episodes initially then we heard 10 plus an extra ep on the bluray or something along those lines. I think this was before they figured out they struck gold.

e:

For the new page. Season 2 confirmed:

Kaptain posted:

And it's over.
https://twitter.com/mishima_kurone/status/710142464913309697
https://twitter.com/konosubaanime/status/710141918613639168
Second season confirmed. Congratulations to DEEN for creating the most entertaining and the second best selling show of this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Kaptain posted:

Congratulations to DEEN for creating the most entertaining and the second best selling show of this season.

It's... not a bit early to call sales when it won't even be out for another week?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Incidentally, I'm sad they took out the gag where Kazuma points out that Darkness didn't even do anything but stand there and look imposing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Hopefully next season they'll be able to hire real keyframe people instead of leaving everything to the outsourced in-betweeners.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
Things that unfortunately got cut in the last episode from the LN:
- The fight against Destroyer security measures. I guess with only one episode to work with they had to skip it. Another plot point to show Kazuma growth as a Skill Monkey skipped i guess.
- The book they found is in Japanese. Proving that the creator of The Destroyer was another Reincarnator.
- Everyone stating that Darkness didn't do poo poo for the whole fight, as stated above.

On the other hand, more Pink-Suspender Dude. I say it was worth it.

I really wish they got enough episode to cover the fifth volume next season. The third volume is the weakest in this series while the fourth is a whole volume of hot-spring episode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The book actually is in Japanese still, just really messy hiragana. It's very distinct from the world's usual text.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
we dont find out its in japanese until volume 5 because Aqua read it and she didnt point this out until then

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
"They asked for the impossible. To make an anime super weapon on such a low budget...Impossible."

Poil posted:

Only 10 episodes? Don't they usually go 12?
They probably didn't expect it to do so well and it's true goal was to be a standard LN ad. Nou-come, another LN adaption also only got 10 episodes. Edit: Chaika's second season was 10 episodes too iirc for some reason. Budget restraints?

Anyways, this was a pretty fun show and I'm glad we're getting a second season. I'm guessing it'll be a Fall anime?

Zettace fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 17, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The chronicle of the Destroyer's creation was actually cut short a little.

Fanfic posted:

And so, Aqua started to read—

“—O month X day. The higher ups of the country gave me a tough problem, asking me to create a mobile weapon. Impossible. They wouldn’t listen to my protests, and ignored my apologies and requests. I wanted to resign, but they wouldn’t accept my resignation letter. I pretend to be retarded, streaking around in my underwear. But the female researchers simply asked me to take off my underwear too. This nation is going to be over.”

… Everyone rested their gaze on the remains.

“—O month X day. The deadline for the design is today. What should I do? I couldn’t just submit a blank paper. Why did I started drinking out of desperation and spend all the funds away? As I was feeling frustrated staring at the blank design plans, a spider which I hated the most showed up on the paper. I shrilled and picked something up to smash it. The spider is now stained onto the design paper… The economy is bad, and high quality paper like this is expensive, I won’t have money to compensate for it. Screw it, I will just submit this.”

… Ugh. The atmosphere was turning awkward as Aqua continued reading:

“—O month X day. That design was unexpectedly well liked. I don’t dare to say to them ‘that was the goo that spurt out when I squashed a spider, why are you touching it’. And is it really fine for the project to carry on like this? What should I do? The only thing I did was kill a spider, and they made me the director. Yahoo!”

… I was suspecting that Aqua was making up the content, but Aqua was reading it with a serious expression.

“—O month X day. I didn’t do anything and the weapon was still taking shape. I am not needed at all right? Whatever, just do what you want, I just want to live my life leisurely… When they came to ask me about the power source, I couldn’t be bothered. I said from the start that it was impossible, if you want a power source then get that super rare legendary ore rumoured to be able to burn for eternity— the Coronatite. I rebuked them. That felt great! Bring it to me if you can.”

……

“—O month X day. They really brought it to me. What should I do? They actually did it. They are even placing it in the power reactor, what should I do? What the hell should I do? I only said it because I thought it was impossible, and they actually did it. What if it doesn’t move? What would happen to me? Death penalty? If it doesn’t move I will be sentenced to death? You have to move, please.”

Maybe our gazes were making her uncomfortable…

“—O month X day. They said the activation test would be tomorrow, but to be honest, I didn’t do anything. The only thing I did was squash a spider. This should be the last day I can sit on this chair so leisurely… I start feeling mad when I think about it. Forget it, I will just drink. This is my last supper, so I won’t hold back! There wasn’t anyone left in the machine today, so it won’t matter how much I drink or how drunk I get. I will start drinking from the most expensive wine!”

As Aqua read, she felt a bit scared of the way we were staring at her.

“—O month X day. When I woke up, I felt a strong tremor. What is happening? How much did I drink? I don’t remember anything. No, I don’t remember anything about yesterday at all. The only parts I remember was heading to the central zone and lecturing the Coronatite. No, wait. After that, I said I wanted to test its courage and flicked the lighted cigarette onto the ore…”

As she read, Aqua didn’t dare to look our way any longer.

“—O month X day. I finally realized what was happening, I am doomed. The mobile weapon is running amok right now. What should I do? They would definitely think it was my doing, so I am probably a wanted criminal right now. They wouldn’t forgive me even if I cried and begged for their forgiveness… How irritating… They would probably destroy the mobile weapon, drag me out and execute me. drat king and the officials, and that female researcher who smirked after taking off my underwear, they are all scum! It’s fine for such a country to fall. Enough, I will just drink and sleep. Fortunately, the food and wine are plentiful, I will think about this after I wake up.”

Towards the end, the sound of someone clenching their fists tight and muscle tightening could be heard.

“—O month X day. The nation has fallen. Oh no, it has fallen, it is really gone! The citizens and high officials had all fled. But I destroyed my home country. Oh no, this feels great! I am satisfied, I have no regrets. Alright, I have decided. I will live out the rest of my life in this machine, I can’t alight or stop it anyway. The one who made this thing must be retarded… Wrong! The one in charge of creating this thing was me!”

Reading the final entry, Aqua said with a troubled expression:

“… That’s, that’s all.”

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I can't believe people actually can stand reading translations like that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you think that's bad, you're clearly unfamiliar with how bad regular LN translations are. :v:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, I hear they can get pretty bad. It's just that this is the first fan translation of a LN I've ever read and it sure was a shocker.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kaptain posted:

- Everyone stating that Darkness didn't do poo poo for the whole fight, as stated above.
She was very impressive doing nothing though. But to be fair she inspired the rest of the adventurers to charge instead of fleeing and that should count.

Zettace posted:

They probably didn't expect it to do so well and it's true goal was to be a standard LN ad. Nou-come, another LN adaption also only got 10 episodes. Edit: Chaika's second season was 10 episodes too iirc for some reason. Budget restraints?

Anyways, this was a pretty fun show and I'm glad we're getting a second season. I'm guessing it'll be a Fall anime?
Is ten episodes going to become the new standard? :(

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I don't think it was that bad to read, I've certainly read worse. Not entirely sure what quality of writing you're expecting from a team who are translating things for the pure love of the source material.

I think what we got from the anime was better and more funny than the light novel though.

Poil posted:

Is ten episodes going to become the new standard? :cripes:

No? It just happens sometimes when plans change. They expected this series to be a 1-cour and getting a second season meant they had no need for final two episodes, and moved into production for S2 instead, meaning first season was left at 10 due to time constraints.

If you think that's so bad, once upon a time we were used to 26 episode animes.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
If it's 10 episodes of stuff happening I'm fine with it.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
aqua's screech is back!

that aside, anime of the year for me. i'm happy we're going to get more megumin for another season. my blood needs more meguminium

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mordaedil posted:

If you think that's so bad, once upon a time we were used to 26 episode animes.

Yeah but then there were only 20 anime shows a year instead of 200

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

No? It just happens sometimes when plans change. They expected this series to be a 1-cour and getting a second season meant they had no need for final two episodes, and moved into production for S2 instead, meaning first season was left at 10 due to time constraints.
It was a planned 10 episode show from the start. Well, actually it was 11 but apparently that meant 10 + extra episode.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Too bad that Aqua didn't get to use her flood spell again to cool the spiderbot's meltdown.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd say it'd be an improvement, but it's not like all shows were gold even back then. Heck, far too often shows dragged their feet immensely.

Zettace posted:

It was a planned 10 episode show from the start. Well, actually it was 11 but apparently that meant 10 + extra episode.
That doesn't console him though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

And the big ones keep running forever just to hold their timeslots. Scheduling is weird in Japan.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

And the big ones keep running forever just to hold their timeslots. Scheduling is weird in Japan.

It's like standing up in a room that doesn't have enough seats. If your rear end (anime) leaves that seat (timeslot) for just a moment, some rear end in a top hat (other show) is going to swoop in and steal it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Slime posted:

It's like standing up in a room that doesn't have enough seats. If your rear end (anime) leaves that seat (timeslot) for just a moment, some rear end in a top hat (other show) is going to swoop in and steal it.

My rear end is anime?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

My rear end is anime?

Full of poo poo and looks terrible in motion

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Full of poo poo and looks terrible in motion

Harsh, but fair.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I was going to respond with "No, anime is rear end" but drat you really outclassed it.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I don't need 26 episodes, necessarily, but I am still disappointed that the only 1.5 cour show I've seen was disappearance of nagato yuki-chan.

That's would make a lot of these LN adaptations more palatable. Konosuba would have had time to flesh out the Wiz and Adventurer-friend stories, Noucome would have had time to get into some of the behind-the-scenes fuckery and Gaworare wouldn't have needed to do that ridiculous sudden gearshift from fun and light-hearted romcom to "fate of the world at stake" battle anime.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Harsh, but fair.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Harsh, but fair.

coincidentally, that describes my butt.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

A lot of Konosuba merch popping up recently(mainly with Megumin) including a new Explosion Road shirt.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

A lot of Konosuba merch popping up recently(mainly with Megumin) including a new Explosion Road shirt.

The RPGMaker game has popped up on the internet as well, which you can find exactly where you would expect.

Not translated yet, though.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Kytrarewn posted:

The RPGMaker game has popped up on the internet as well, which you can find exactly where you would expect.

Not translated yet, though.

Oh this is great!
My Japanese isn't that good, but it's definitely still a fun, alternative way to get the story too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The game is pretty great because Kazuma is literally the only worthwhile party member.

You can really feel his pain.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0yhBpnNf7Y

Preview for the OVA. About time the anime shows up how much of a jerk Megumin can be.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, what are those boobs made of, drumskin?

JoJoJosephSmith
Apr 8, 2016

so psyched for megumin ultraviolence

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
https://twitter.com/konosubaanime/status/746272982171934720

Second season next January.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cool and good.

Now where is my Megumin nendo? The Aqua one is already out with Nature's Blessing attachment.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Where is Megumin everything? I want all the Megumin things. And some Darkness stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

There were a bunch of good Megumin shirts at one point. Phone straps and badges. Also an umbrella :v:

There is also a pretty rad looking Kazuma STEAL shirt with 8-bit Megumin on the back and the message "What! Megumin's panties are in your hand!"