Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They specifically discussed the topic of the trailer whining in particular on a prior podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Something I'm noticing/loving in the DE:HR playthrough is how "lived-in" Jensen feels. The various sidequest people all feel like they have pretty authentic histories with Jensen that are communicated through context clues. There's no "Whaaaat? You don't remember me? I am Megan's mother. Megan is your ex."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hutter posted:

Am I the only one slightly empathetic to woolie and liam's trailer gripes and don't think of them as being super hypocritical, because I think there is a difference between movie and video games trailers? A movie you watch and nothing else, so trailers that show you most if not all the cool scenes and reveals too much is a thing I can understand people could be bummed out over. A video-game you have to play though. Cool scenes in trailers, the character reveals, mechanics showcases or whatever else is stuff you'll get enjoyment out of in the game even if you are 'spoiled' on knowing about it beforehand. In fact I NEED to be 'spoiled' on such things for games, because I'd like to know and see some of those mechanics, characters and such before buying a game, because it is the usage of those spectacles that is the main enjoyment of video games (and not 'just' seeing it as it is with movies). So trailers, leaks and etc that show me stuff that might give me confidence that I'll have a fun time playing the game I see as being different from movie trailers, so I don't think Woolie or Liam was being particularly weird about it.

Lets plays might be a most extreme example of that sort of thinking. They have been one of the biggest advertisers of games to me, the SBF in particular. They sold me DS2, Revengence, Guacamelee, Odallus, Mirror's Edge, etc. The fact I was 'spoiled' on pretty much everything about those games ahead of time did not matter to me, cause I wanted to play it by myself anyway. Meanwhile I have never been hyped up about a movie from a trailer, beyond the fact it announcing that the movie exists at all.

Not saying that Woolie and Liam are objectively in the 'right' here, just that I myself think I see their point of view and sort of agree with it personally.

the thing they're trying to hide was not only headline news but headline news they specifically talked about before

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

Something I'm noticing/loving in the DE:HR playthrough is how "lived-in" Jensen feels. The various sidequest people all feel like they have pretty authentic histories with Jensen that are communicated through context clues. There's no "Whaaaat? You don't remember me? I am Megan's mother. Megan is your ex."

That's the strongest part of the writing in the game, I feel.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

More fun facts on Quaker Oats.

good podcast

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Uh

KoF what are you doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3QhWr2Qz5c

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That is some super late friendcast video.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's like they put a basilisk in a dress.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
How many teaser trailers are they gonna have for KoFXIV before they make an Official Trailer

Also I'm sensing some severe lack of love for Link Between Worlds in the TPHD LP

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait a second, Pokken comes out tomorrow internationally? Huh. I thought it was gonna stick to arcade for a while.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

HGH posted:

Uh

KoF what are you doing

Couldn't get it outta my head. I'm sorry for the level of dumb.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 17, 2016

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

my cat is norris posted:

Couldn't get it outta my head. I'm sorry for the level of dumb.

And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed glosstexture.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Uh oh, it appears Pat has been...nepped.
EDIT: Oh dear it's a whole hour of the intro.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 17, 2016

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe Hyperdimension Neptunia is successful enough to have like 7 loving videogames. They have to be super cheap to make.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

cmykjester posted:

I can't believe Hyperdimension Neptunia is successful enough to have like 7 loving videogames. They have to be super cheap to make.

You're in charge of green-lighting Japanese video games. You get a game in front of you which says that video games and the video game industry is as sexy as a mostly naked sixteen year old girl. What's your call?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Certainly not to take some well deserved pot shots at the games industry, that's for drat sure.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mystic Mongol posted:

You're in charge of green-lighting Japanese video games. You get a game in front of you which says that video games and the video game industry is as sexy as a mostly naked sixteen year old girl. What's your call?

Haha, sixteen.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

cmykjester posted:

They are. The developer makes their living off of reusing assets as much as possible, even across different franchises.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ahaha they got a code for it

PLEASE poo poo ON OUR GAME THANKS

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They just wanna reward Liam for buying so many copies.
It's too bad they didn't reach the part where the game actually does make fun of Konami, since even though this came out before their meltdown they still lambaste them.

cmykjester posted:

There are 13 games.
This isn't 7, it's V 2. But technically the 4th game.

Mystic Mongol posted:

The ladies in charge make everyone put cards in a box and design the game around those.

quote:

Each Neptunia title is packed full of various references, is that a collaborative effort done by the entire staff?

Norihisa: When we start working on new title we put out an idea box so that everyone can submit their ideas or game references.

quote:

How long has the idea box been around?

Norihisa: Since mk2. It doesn’t matter what position you hold, anyone can submit an idea or desire for a new title. It doesn’t matter if it’s something we can do or not, we take a wide variety of ideas even for concrete game elements.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd actually play Neptunia if they added Jeff in it

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 17, 2016

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
They should make a Platinum Games reused assets mashup, Dante fighting angels etc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

200k people own Neptunia 1 on steam. They also average like 40k after that.

Liam lies a lot, but he's right in that it's way more popular in the West.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wish there was a series like Neptunia but which was like, way more raw about the commentary (and current).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nepnep is just Japan's Five Nights At Freddy's.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

Nepnep is just Japan's Five Nights At Freddy's.

The developers of Neptunia wish they could average 200k per iteration, within a 2 year span.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm honestly surprised by how positive Pat is about this whole thing.

Rodyle posted:

I wish there was a series like Neptunia but which was like, way more raw about the commentary (and current).
The guys mention farming it out to Bioware would be cool and I can see why, but I think what'd you get would be dangerously close to unfunny webcomics like CAD and PA. Like, you'd have to get it really right to not end up with too much cynicism everywhere.
EDIT: Also here's Konami.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 17, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

The developers of Neptunia wish they could average 200k per iteration, within a 2 year span.

Eh, they sell at full retail price tho, it makes up for less sales.

HGH posted:

i cried like a bitch at this part really thought she was going to die then we would jave to resurrect her later in the game

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Uni gets Drugged Up! - Event Scenes 💖Megadimension Neptunia VII💜 {English, Full 1080p HD}

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

I hate this. I hate what I'm looking at right now. I would rather be a sentient toilet than experience this firsthand.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That owns

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm glad the Naruto ending is as flaccid as 3/4ths of the game was.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Good job, Woolie. You picked a game you didn't want to play minute 1 and now there's 4 episodes left.

Jackass did safer self-mutilation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://quetzle.github.io/smash-apps/tier/

Hello friends.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The first like 8 episodes of that LP was really fun but when they started hitting all that filler i stopped watching

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Smash Bros sucks, no Spiderman

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tae posted:

200k people own Neptunia 1 on steam. They also average like 40k after that.

Liam lies a lot, but he's right in that it's way more popular in the West.

I refuse to believe this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean you can reject the world's harsh truths or you could accept it and become more powerful from it

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Baal posted:

I mean you can reject the world's harsh truths or you could accept it and become more powerful from it

i reject this dark power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Smash Bros sucks, no Spiderman

That is an amazingly balanced metagame! Eat a dick, all other fighters.