Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

WATCH LULA START A loving WAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
And Record accidentally (or "accidentally", who loving knows at this point) published Lula and Dilma's phone numbers.

Jesus Christ

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

The Unnamed One posted:

And Record accidentally (or "accidentally", who loving knows at this point) published Lula and Dilma's phone numbers.

Jesus Christ

:laffo:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Protests are already dispersing, but sources say it had at least 20K in Brasilia, maybe 10K people in Paulista, and overall big protests in all capitals. All with barely no organization, called from social networks in a matter of hours.

And tomorrow a big one is being called at 10 AM in Brasilia at the time of Lula's nomination

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Elias_Maluco posted:

Protests are already dispersing, but sources say it had at least 20K in Brasilia, maybe 10K people in Paulista, and overall big protests in all capitals. All with barely no organization, called from social networks in a matter of hours.

Brasília, São Paulo, São Bernardo do Campo, Rio de Janeiro, Campo Grande and Belo Horizonte are not the capitals of every state. It is still a lot of people, but let's not throw truth to the wind.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZearothK posted:

Brasília, São Paulo, São Bernardo do Campo, Rio de Janeiro, Campo Grande and Belo Horizonte are not the capitals of every state. It is still a lot of people, but let's not throw truth to the wind.

A lot of people in Porto Alegre too, tho.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Things are getting really ugly. Pretty much both sides decided to go all in. Moro's decision to release the calls (which involved nothing actually illegal) and Lula's nomination as minister essentially show that any semblance of due process is not part of any considerations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dias posted:

A lot of people in Porto Alegre too, tho.

Even Manaus

https://twitter.com/ruylobo/status/710259708989480960

Lots of noise right now, but from what I've read in twitter, there were protests in most if not all major capitals.

But I guess we will only know of sure tomorrow

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Huge loving noise here in Fortaleza, there was going to be a counter-march supporting Lula but dunno if they will even try to pull it off.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hello friends, romans, countrymen

I believe we are hosed either way for the short while

Other goons: please send refugee program details from your respective countries TIA

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If Bolsonaro somehow becomes president or vice-president, I'll assassinate him. I don't even care about the neoDOPS reading this crap post, I'll loving put a bullet in his head before he even accepts the nomination.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
hold me please

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
At this point, I am fairly certain that the outcome of this entire thing will be some extra-legal, if not outright illegal, event. No one is even pretending to try to follow the law anymore (including Moro, who released wiretaps conducted after they were ordered to stop, and were therefore illegal). Essentially, whoever can come up with the "solution" to save the bulk of PMDB will end in power, which is the saddest irony of it all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
One of the better things about these manifestations are all of the montages with the silly "Fora Dilma" dance. Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2z2MkH-1A0

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
poo poo hit the fan way loving faster and harder than i thought

there is also the PT counter-protest this friday

brace yourselves :cry:

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Thanks for the updates Brasileiro-goons, it's interesting to follow this as it hasn't got a whole lot of traction in international headlines. This is looking a really poo poo year for the Latin American left wing governments...

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
So when are they going to cancel the olympics?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

AllanGordon posted:

So when are they going to cancel the olympics?

Only when Rio is burned to the ground. Which may not take that long actually.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
This may be the end of Moro's career, actually.

At least as a judge. If he gets retired from his job it would clear his path to run for president in 2018 so maybe that's his plan?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

The Unnamed One posted:

Jesus Christ

https://twitter.com/wandson/status/710397422732754944

This whole thing is such a depressing mess.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Some friendly information:

Winter is just about ending here in Scandinavia, tickets are about 13.000R$ Might I suggest Colombia as an alternative? Because Brazil, they seem less crazy than you now :glomp:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Some friendly information:

Winter is just about ending here in Scandinavia, tickets are about 13.000R$ Might I suggest Colombia as an alternative? Because Brazil, they seem less crazy than you now :glomp:

Nah, Brazil will be alright. The political crisis is serious in the sense that it will probably change the political landscape a lot next elections, not in the sense of an impending coup.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Seems crazy that Moro would do something so petty that so thoroughly undermines his own credibility, impartiality (already pretty damaged) and opens him up for action against him. I read the lawyer that authored the Collor impeachment claim that even treason charges could be levelled. I guess it's the same arrogance as all the corrupt assholes on the anti-pt side, that the press will shield them from any scrutiny.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

hoiyes posted:

Seems crazy that Moro would do something so petty that so thoroughly undermines his own credibility, impartiality (already pretty damaged) and opens him up for action against him. I read the lawyer that authored the Collor impeachment claim that even treason charges could be levelled. I guess it's the same arrogance as all the corrupt assholes on the anti-pt side, that the press will shield them from any scrutiny.

Another judge thinking he's above the law because he's been made into a meme.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dias posted:

One of the better things about these manifestations are all of the montages with the silly "Fora Dilma" dance. Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2z2MkH-1A0

This is the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdic1hbpiHQ

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The press WILL shield him from scrutiny if Dilma charges him and if he is charged after she renounces i bet my rear end the PMDB would bail him out

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if that is part of his calculus. Because I feel things would go bad very quickly if he is suspended or removed from the case. I mean, not only did he release tapes that were recorded after the legal authorization to do so had been revoked, but also tapes that involved Lula and his attorney talking defense strategy.

Meanwhile, a young couple was beaten up because they said "no" when people started shouting "fora Lula" around them (which they did because the couple had a red bike and "looked like petistas"):

https://www.facebook.com/warleyalves123/videos/513311992173898/

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Even if Dilma gets impeached, I don't think anything will actually change until there's a major political reform, and I don't think that specifically will be the catalyst for an actual reform.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Of course not. The biggest winners of this whole thing are the party with the greatest number of people involved in the scandal in the first place: PMDB. Essentially, whoever wins between PT and PSDB will only do so by guaranteeing the freedom of the greatest number of PMDBistas. If Dilma falls tomorrow, you can bet that Temer's, Calheiro's and Cunha's dirt will be forgotten in the name of national unity or whatever.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Who are the PMDB's voters? I had heard that PMDB was essentially built on clientelism in the Northeast but I wasn't sure if that was still the case.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Lula's nomination just got suspended

https://twitter.com/JotaInfo/status/710476059909754880

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

you might be speaking too soon about that.

"Colombia’s left fears political extermination following 29 murders in 2 weeks"

http://colombiareports.com/29-leftist-leaders-killed-2-weeks-colombia/

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

Who are the PMDB's voters? I had heard that PMDB was essentially built on clientelism in the Northeast but I wasn't sure if that was still the case.

Not true. PMDB was formerly "MDB" (Movimento Democrático Brasileiro = Brazilian Democratic Movement) and the only "legal" opposition allowed by the military dictatorship. Because of that and other things that I can expand upon if necessary, it inherited a massive ready-to-go political machine during the democratization process, managing to obtain an ample number of legislative and executive offices nationwide. It has been, ever since, the largest voting bloc in our Congress and has the largest number of State governments.

As it is, it has a huge, broad voting base, from historic liberal opposition in the South (who kept supporting the party even though it is a loving frankenstein by this point), to Southeastern public bureaucracy, to the coronéis everywhere that used the party as a means of power projection in the government (Sarney is the greatest example).

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Brasil should follow the example of their ever more wise European neighbours who now ready themselves to kiss the ring next week.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Transmetropolitan posted:

Not true. PMDB was formerly "MDB" (Movimento Democrático Brasileiro = Brazilian Democratic Movement) and the only "legal" opposition allowed by the military dictatorship. Because of that and other things that I can expand upon if necessary, it inherited a massive ready-to-go political machine during the democratization process, managing to obtain an ample number of legislative and executive offices nationwide. It has been, ever since, the largest voting bloc in our Congress and has the largest number of State governments.

Yeah, PMDB is essentially "people from the dictatorship and their successors" and are pretty much a cancer festering in the republic thanks to their established connections.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/globomente/status/710488367042043904

guy who cancelled lula's nomination

this is good

fnox
May 19, 2013

Dilma you're so loving stupid.

Also, no, the answer is to run far, far away from this continent altogether, not to Colombia.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Pretty fun how the police is so passive about these protests. a few dozen patriotic citizens closing part of Paulista Avenue the entire morning is just fine.

Now if it was a few thousand students closing the same Avenue to protest against the transport fares, and you didn't give the police the exact route you planned to follow, you were hosed.

Apartidarism :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
So we're heading to a Dredd-like future, right? Is Karl Urban up for playing Moro wearing a helmet?