Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slime
Jan 3, 2007
The Yoshimitsu clone could be some poor trainer wielding the sword ghost pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Is Paul supposed to be Judo? He punches an awful lot for a Judo guy.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It's as if the artist doesn't know much about one of the games that he's illustrating.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
The picture has a fighting style called "large imposing bear" and yet some goons find a way to sperg about the other ones

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Remco were the weirdest loving toy company. They had some absolutely mindbogglingly dull banal poo poo like that but at the time they also had some of the most :krad: toys ever sold:

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Ak Gara posted:

"Martial Arts"? loving seriously? They're ALL MARTIAL ARTS!

I remember one of the older Tekkens had some chick tagged as "Martial Arts", and I think Dead Or Alive did the same. I also think both were basically Tai Chi.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Remco were the weirdest loving toy company. They had some absolutely mindbogglingly dull banal poo poo like that but at the time they also had some of the most :krad: toys ever sold:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RandomFerret posted:

I didn't even click the first link I just assumed it was the erotic poetry reading

You didn't miss much; it was just some obnoxious loud dudes saying and doing unfunny things

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You didn't miss much; it was just some obnoxious loud dudes saying and doing unfunny things

he wasn't talking about they little ? under your posts

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

I unironically want to play Pokken, but I don't own a Wii U or whatever. I only recognize 3 of those pokemen though...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mogomra posted:

I unironically want to play Pokken, but I don't own a Wii U or whatever. I only recognize 3 of those pokemen though...

Well they just used all the fighting type from all the games, pretty low effort there.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Bombadilillo posted:

Well they just used all the fighting type from all the games, pretty low effort there.

Yeah, I want to find the Marshall Law pokeman and beat the heck out of other pokemen. Who wouldn't?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sounds more like you hate companionship and have a murder fetish

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I'm glad SEA PATROL got a toy deal.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mezzanine posted:

Is Paul supposed to be Judo? He punches an awful lot for a Judo guy.

Paul is like Ronda Rousey. Elite judo as a base. Embarrasses self.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I decided to look it up and this guy guessed precisely zero characters correctly.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mogomra posted:

Yeah, I want to find the Marshall Law pokeman and beat the heck out of other pokemen. Who wouldn't?

I think maritime law would be good too.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Jamesman posted:

I decided to look it up and this guy guessed precisely zero characters correctly.
Not sure about Pokemon equivalent, but the wooden log dude is a mimic. Every round he starts with a someone else's random skillset, even the player who picked him, doesn't know what it is. He's like Tekken Hard Mode personified

Also, sumo is correct

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
pretty sure he got large imposing bear too

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nitrox posted:

Not sure about Pokemon equivalent, but the wooden log dude is a mimic. Every round he starts with a someone else's random skillset, even the player who picked him, doesn't know what it is. He's like Tekken Hard Mode personified

Also, sumo is correct

I think they mean none of those pokemon are in the actual Pokken.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Jesus Christ. Not a good day for NBC-16.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Phanatic posted:

Jesus Christ. Not a good day for NBC-16.

Is that Joe, Motherfucking, Piscopo?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

why is this being posted and discussed in FUNNY PICTURES THREAD and not NERDS CANNOT STOP TALKING ABOUT POKEMON, EVER thread

This is like the third time someone has posted some out-of-context Pokemon poo poo in here that no one who does not think about Pokemon twenty four hours a day would actually even understand, much less find funny. This one isn't even a joke. it's a bunch of pokemon in a chart.

If you want to talk about pokemon please do it in a dedicated pokemon zone where everyone is as obsessed with those drat things as you are.

"but where's YOUR funny pictures then huh???" ok, have this poo poo.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

I would vote for the bear over Donald Trump. He looks like presidential material.

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009
Probably old news but maybe one or two people haven't seen it yet:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkd4VjQSSvc)

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

No no no, owls drop quills.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No, Owls say "This is so not hot" and drive off in a sports car.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My Lovely Horse posted:

No no no, owls drop quills.

PELLETS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Owls actually drop sick beats

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

beato posted:

BritbongReturns and charliezzz (Esteban Winsmore) are also amazing.

I had heard of esteban winsmore but i hadn't seen britbong yet thanks for that.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So? Who won?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Everyone lost.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

ImpAtom posted:

So? Who won?

Illithin.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, but who gives a gently caress about Pokemon

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Oxyclean posted:

Right, this is what I meant. That the guy was trying to guess which pokemon were going to be in the game and apparently none of the ones he guessed are in the game.

Which is funny for two reasons. The first is that, aside from the last two on his list, all the pokemon he picked out appear to have been designed around physical combat yet none ended up in a game also designed around physical combat. The other reason is that, if that really is a lucha libre pokemon, it was apparently passed over for...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jamesman posted:

Right, this is what I meant. That the guy was trying to guess which pokemon were going to be in the game and apparently none of the ones he guessed are in the game.

Which is funny for two reasons. The first is that, aside from the last two on his list, all the pokemon he picked out appear to have been designed around physical combat yet none ended up in a game also designed around physical combat. The other reason is that, if that really is a lucha libre pokemon, it was apparently passed over for...

Hwalucha is indeed a real Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wait, pokken is an actual thing?

...ok, brief google later, it looks like they included popular and colourful pokemon rather than making a fighting game with a serious tone and only martial arts themed pokemon.

I would say this is because they're not loving idiots. They know their audience - it's not Tekken players, it's kids who love pokemon.

• Locked thread