Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

If you start taking creatine, don't stop. This is like the revenge of the DOMS, it's awful.

what the gently caress???? what do you mean OP? what's DOMS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

What's a good science food protein that also tastes like a milkshake and will make my buff as heck?

I just eat dried sausage or droeworst

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Why do all weight lifting apps except SL5x5 suck rear end? How hard is it to plug up starting weights and have the app calculate for you? "Enter the weight you lifted on that rep, and how many you did!" gently caress you, I'm lazy or I'd be doing it all on paper or in my head!

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
can I mix creatine and protein powder????? in the same jug???? time is a fact

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

What's a good science food protein that also tastes like a milkshake and will make my buff as heck?

blend up some chicken, rice, and cabbage and add a scoop of noxplode

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
speaking of cabbage i bought a head of cabbage and a big rear end piece of corned beef for the weekend. :yum:

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
is creatine beneficial for cardio performance?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Revenant posted:

can I mix creatine and protein powder????? in the same jug???? time is a fact

Yes, but the creatine might not dissolve as nicely as the protein

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This is fact

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Chinatown posted:

speaking of cabbage i bought a head of cabbage and a big rear end piece of corned beef for the weekend. :yum:

Aww poo poo yeah! Party in Chinatown this weekend!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
is corned beef good for gains

I know cabbage will assist my post-gym dump seshs.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

The nitrates will have a vasodilating effect, yielding massive pumps and sickening vascularity

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Chinatown posted:

And also your during-gym farts!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Can I mix my super pump with my mass gainer????

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
There's this guy at my gym with a prosthetic knee who squats 315. Blow your knees out for mad gains

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Blow your knees out for 100+ lbs less than your regular squat :colbert:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Enter your room
See this

What do?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Go N.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.instagram.com/p/BC-1Q37o-bd/?taken-by=1dayumay

I think he's gonna die soon

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Al Cowens posted:

Enter your room
See this

What do?

*rolls up newspaper*

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

God drat I tried eating flax seeds cause I heard they were healthy, just took a spoonful of them like the cinnamon challenge and inhaled that sucker. I'm coughing them out in a mucus spittle and my nose is running, the few that I managed to not inhale tasted like cat litter. Most awful seed of the earth.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got some seed for you RIGHT HERE

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I heard that you gotta blend or grind flaxseed to get any nutritional benefit out of it.

Also eating them straight is kinda silly but about in line with the kind of silly things fitness minded people do like drinking raw egg yolks or swallowing protein powder straight or feeling inadequate about their height when they're 5'11

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

Hello? Yes. Well I have actual pains and injuries in my body and am hoping the "make gay jokes about the gym" thread can tell me how to fix them. Already tried blowing 9 guys in the sauna. Hoping for new advice. TIA

if you're talking about me i'm mostly just talking about it for the sake of conversation/boredom/like to talk about lifting. I already said if my foam roll/stretch routine doesn't fix it I would go to the doctor.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I experienced pain once

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Boko Haram posted:

God drat I tried eating flax seeds cause I heard they were healthy, just took a spoonful of them like the cinnamon challenge and inhaled that sucker. I'm coughing them out in a mucus spittle and my nose is running, the few that I managed to not inhale tasted like cat litter. Most awful seed of the earth.

Lmao you moron. Get the powder and mix it into sauces, you don't just eat it straight up.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
I remember in the 90s everyone in baseball went crazy and thought flax seed oil was the reason Barry Bonds got so swole

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Revenant posted:

what the gently caress???? what do you mean OP? what's DOMS?

Doms are ladies who tie you up so you can't move, stick ball gags in your mouth and then flog your genitals with whips for like 3 hours and then jerk you off but stop just before you jizz and then put your cock in a cage so you can't finish yourself off. You then hand them $500 for their services and make an appointment to see them again the next week.

I'm broke and really horny at all times. My balls have swelled massively though so if testicular gainz are what you're after, a dom is what you need. hth.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys I tried eating some flour to carb up, I'm just spooning it right out of the bag because because I have no concept of how food works.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

notZaar posted:

Hey guys I tried eating some flour to carb up, I'm just spooning it right out of the bag because because I have no concept of how food works.

Have you tried heating it first? Much better than cold.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

notZaar posted:

MY concept of food revolves around whether or not there is an online deal for dominos delivery

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Any advice for "troublesome" left shoulder? Feels like I am getting some minor tears (well, duh- bigger than normal) which causes some pain, but not really limits my strength. First two reps of a set is worst, then its usualy better. I warm up with a empty barbell (20kg), no pain then.

Shoulder rolls etc any good? It feels like the pain stems from the small bicep head.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Just keep tearing up your shoulder. When it heals it'll be even stronger and bigger.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Uxzuigal posted:

Any advice for "troublesome" left shoulder? Feels like I am getting some minor tears (well, duh- bigger than normal) which causes some pain, but not really limits my strength. First two reps of a set is worst, then its usualy better. I warm up with a empty barbell (20kg), no pain then.

Shoulder rolls etc any good? It feels like the pain stems from the small bicep head.

Probably tendinitis from jacking it too much. A bullet to the temple ought to cure whatever ails ya

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Uxzuigal posted:

Small bicep head? How did you come to that conclusion?

Google 'frozen shoulder' - does that match up?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
When your muscles are weak and painful you've got to show them some tough love at the gym. Think of them like teenage boys of low intellect.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

What's a good way to get my protein for the day? I've typically been using Body Fortress Whey, vanilla or chocolate variety because they are $20~ or less per 2 pound case. I was eating canned tuna, then got turned onto canned chicken ribmeat because it was on sale and is pretty low in fat. I've been hearing about high carb protein mixes and was almost talked into buying some, because I'm trying to gain mass. I'm in no rush to put on weight though, I know if I don't do the right amount of exercise I'll just get fat. Been sticking to a high protein diet with some oatmeal/protein meals, and recently picked up Combat Protein chocolate pb and BPI Whey HD strawberry cake to spice up my meals. Mostly I just use vanilla body fortress powders though.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
dried sausage / droewors from your local decent meat purveyor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Here are some tasty sources of protein:
Chicken