Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Yobgoblin posted:

potentially good avatar (source):

We could do something cool with this

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

can I use this, yobgoblin?

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrWillsauce posted:

can I use this, yobgoblin?

idk why you'd want to but sure man, go hog wild.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MrWillsauce

thanks. How do I look?

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

thanks. How do I look?

It takes about 15-25 minutes for avatars to update now.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
really? i thought mrwillsauce was just messing with me

----------------

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien

Matoi Ryuko posted:

This pic would make some good avatars:

whoever gets one of these will either be a hilarious posting superstar or a D&D regular but not both

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

les fleurs du mall posted:

whoever gets one of these will either be a hilarious posting superstar or a D&D regular but not both

if i had $60 to throw into the garbage i'd bird half a dozen of the worst new GBS posters and set off some kind of terrible birdemic

hi how are you ♥

FAT32 SHAMER

okay I need a new avatar, my username is Norwegian for thank you and I like old 16 bit sprites like in my signature

I like Vikings and apple products and coding and video shames. a Viking sitting at an iMac could be pretty funny but I don't want to cause someone to do a lot of work so any suggestion is welcome :D

Matoi Ryuko

Tusen Takk posted:

okay I need a new avatar, my username is Norwegian for thank you and I like old 16 bit sprites like in my signature

I like Vikings and apple products and coding and video shames. a Viking sitting at an iMac could be pretty funny but I don't want to cause someone to do a lot of work so any suggestion is welcome :D

FluffieDuckie

The best news I've heard all day was hearing tusen is getting a new av

FAT32 SHAMER

these are neat and fun!

I should see if I remember how to use my image editing tools in order to make a Viking Sprite walk up to a computer like in Pokemon R/B/Y or something.

I think at one point I had the Sprite of Sonic tapping his foot impatiently and text under it that said something like "me @ your posting" planned out but then someone bought me a rainbow Apple av

FluffieDuckie posted:

The best news I've heard all day was hearing tusen is getting a new av

yes be excited! it may take a while but it will be done sooner over later!

FluffieDuckie

i really like the eyeball and the spider in your sig. something like that might make a good av

FluffieDuckie

the spider made me start looking for other spiders and i found these. not necessarily for tusen, i just thought they were cool

from here: http://www.alexhw.com/

from here: http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18797

both of those look like work of individuals rather than mass distributed stuff so it would be in good form to ask for permission before using

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Machai

Hello, I missed the program chat but I would like to say that I use Adobe CS6 and I tried GIMP once and it hurt me deep down in my soul. Does anyone still use Quark?

bacalou

Machai posted:

Hello, I missed the program chat but I would like to say that I use Adobe CS6 and I tried GIMP once and it hurt me deep down in my soul. Does anyone still use Quark?

the last big design job i did was a huge contract to completely overhaul a county's municipal community affairs website. i spent three weeks coding it from scratch including an easy front end for uploading new content without knowing how to code. the next day after i sent it to their web admin, i found he ran all of the graphics through quarkxpress going from 0% compression pngs to 100% compression jpgs, resized all of the content to be around 33 percent smaller, and ran the entire code through an ancient unsupport mac designstudio wysiwyg editor. it completely removed all of the css and javascript and instead mashed everything into several hundred more lines per page of disgustingly broken html image links. i interrogated him about it over the phone where he said my code was 'too confusing' and 'nobody could edit it if they wanted to' while my business partner was crying outside in her car over the entire thing. after sending the source to the head of the community affairs office with an explanation of what went on and detailed instructions on how to easily update it herself, she paid me in full and left the broken quark website up for the next three years. untouched.

what i'm saying is gently caress quark and gently caress people like that guy.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Tusen Takk posted:

these are neat and fun!

I should see if I remember how to use my image editing tools in order to make a Viking Sprite walk up to a computer like in Pokemon R/B/Y or something.

I think at one point I had the Sprite of Sonic tapping his foot impatiently and text under it that said something like "me @ your posting" planned out but then someone bought me a rainbow Apple av

yes be excited! it may take a while but it will be done sooner over later!

you mean this ?

FAT32 SHAMER

yeah I had it yesterday for about two hours before it got changed to a guy being peed on then it got changed again to what I currently have lol

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Tusen Takk posted:

yeah I had it yesterday for about two hours before it got changed to a guy being peed on then it got changed again to what I currently have lol

What did you do to deserve such an honor?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

super mario batali posted:

What did you do to deserve such an honor?

gotta be careful in the grey forums!

Machai

bacalou posted:

mashed everything into several hundred more lines per page of disgustingly broken html image links.

lol, is he stuck in 1995? Did he add any animated fire gifs?

FluffieDuckie

tusen takk and i have an agreement that he's going to be really really good from now on because this is by far the best of the punishment avs he's been stuck with and i don't want to look at poop or people being peed on

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
shOutout to incomplete fish for th avatar :D

weird

by zen death robot

dumb crambo posted:

shOutout to incomplete fish for th avatar :D

it's really good

----------------

the unabonger
ghetto tekz running it

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Hello byob I really love my current avatar but I just got this to use in other places and I'm wondering if I should use it here too??? I would value any and all input

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Hello byob I really love my current avatar but I just got this to use in other places and I'm wondering if I should use it here too??? I would value any and all input

i way prefer your current av but the heart wants what it wants!

e: is that a shmorky av?

hi how are you ♥

mags
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
guns for tits

Yobgoblin posted:

This looks sick as gently caress. Nice find.

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i way prefer your current av but the heart wants what it wants!

e: is that a shmorky av?

Yeah it is! They were having a flash sale on avatars so I bought one for myself and another for my GF because we are big fans.

I think I will stick with my av the way it is now here though, mostly because I can't think of good text to go with the shmorkatar

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yobgoblin posted:

ooooo, i like.

i used to 'yob back when it first opened, circa liiiiiike......2006? (holy poo poo was that really 10 years ago? i think it was before i went back to college in '07, it loving must have been '06. HOLY poo poo)

ANYWAY, point being, i like my av now but the 'yob has always been a great source of avatars.

i was hoping to use SAARS to find more avatars but it seems to hate me so here's the only one i can find. it is yours for your use if you'd like I guess!

Officer Bignose:

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

holy good lord it was 2006 that BYOB first opened. how i am this old, yob, how am i this old.

peanut

drat yall a lotta love for my avatar two pages ago.

I was provided with transparent verions but I went with this one (1) for the bright red eye color and (2) to be sure everyone can see my badass smoke on forums with grey backgrounds

peanut

Thank you all for the encouragement and support

Piso Mojado

bacalou posted:

the last big design job i did was a huge contract to completely overhaul a county's municipal community affairs website. i spent three weeks coding it from scratch including an easy front end for uploading new content without knowing how to code. the next day after i sent it to their web admin, i found he ran all of the graphics through quarkxpress going from 0% compression pngs to 100% compression jpgs, resized all of the content to be around 33 percent smaller, and ran the entire code through an ancient unsupport mac designstudio wysiwyg editor. it completely removed all of the css and javascript and instead mashed everything into several hundred more lines per page of disgustingly broken html image links. i interrogated him about it over the phone where he said my code was 'too confusing' and 'nobody could edit it if they wanted to' while my business partner was crying outside in her car over the entire thing. after sending the source to the head of the community affairs office with an explanation of what went on and detailed instructions on how to easily update it herself, she paid me in full and left the broken quark website up for the next three years. untouched.

what i'm saying is gently caress quark and gently caress people like that guy.

I make websites on the side for extra cash and have had this sort of thing happen to me so many times that i just gave up trying to make elegantly coded sties. now i just throw up wordpress sites for clients because my clients are idiots and for some reason all idiots love wordpress.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if anyone's looking to change their username, here's 2:
totes mcgotes
pastamancer

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Piso Mojado posted:

all idiots love wordpress.

can confirm, i love my wordpress site!

hi how are you ♥

MrWillsauce

hey how did you guys learn how to make websites? Did you go to school for web development? I took a class on html last semester but it seems like that's the kind of thing you can learn for free from the internet. I kind of want to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacalou

if you have autodidactic tendancies then learning to code anything with access to the internet is very feasible. set up a server on your home machine and host websites that you code; figure out how things work. w3schools was the standard back when i first learned, not sure about now, but it's probably a great place to start.