Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

[–]pazfree [score hidden] an hour ago
hillary clinton will not let any stone unturned. she NEEDS to win to survive almost. she will suppress every vote and she will call in every penny of money she ever doled out in every couunty court house coroners office or anywaher she left more than 10% tip at an ice cream counter she is gonna call in her chits and debts and threats.. don't you worry. the one thing is, normal folks who get her asks for money by email and see the news saying it's wrapped up may be grossed out enough to stay home... the kids though ARE probably more dopamine dependent and possibly could stay home without momentum... EVERY pretty woman who loves bernie, and hates the military industrial drag on our economic souls should wear a tight bernie t-shirt and NOT give any action to any man just let them beg until the primaries, go to bars in sets of three and make every regular bro donate money and get on our volunteer bus ... if you give it up you lose your power ladies, in case any of you reading this are somehow not already aware... thanks. we will apologize for bait switching and bewitching in such a crude fashion after the win over champagne.... thanks
permalinksaveparentreportgive goldreply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

withholding sex is women's power, says strong, lifelong progressive ally.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
pimpin 4 bernie

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
wat

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bernie will for sure make a comeback if only he gets the ladies to not quite show their boobies in exchange for money.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

site posted:

Bernie will for sure make a comeback if only he gets the ladies to not quite show their boobies in exchange for money.

Berns Gone Wild sales will inject the campaign with much needed revenue

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

looking over some of the no-hope protest candidates for our senate primary (jim gray will win, but he's mediocre at best)

this guy seems pretty good

Sellus Wilder posted:

Health:
This campaign is about the health of the Commonwealth, the health of our people, the health of our economy, the health of our spirits, and the health of our land, water and air.

An Economy For The People:
I support an economy that values the lives of real people more than profits and power. We need to prevent the financial industry from gambling with the American economy. When financial firms gamble and win, they reap massive profits that fail to ‘trickle down’ to everyday Americans, but when these firms gamble and lose then everyday Americans have to pay the price. This simply isn’t fair, and it’s past time for us to decouple the investment industry from the banking industry and to break up financial institutions that are ‘too-big-to-fail.’

A Strong Workforce:
I support a minimum wage that actually covers the cost of living, because nobody who works more than 40 hours a week should have to chose between heating or groceries. I support unions, because a strong workforce and a healthy middle class are essential drivers of the American economy. We should make it easier for workers to join unions by passing the Employee Free Choice Act. “Trickle-Up” economics will organically benefit our entire economy by strengthening the purchasing power of millions of Americans.

Affordable Education:
We need to make higher education affordable for all Americans. I support taking the Federal Financial Aid program back to its initial purpose – to make college affordable for lower and middle class Americans. Thanks to the influence of for-profit lending institutions on lawmakers, the very students that the legislation targeted to help now pay substantially more for the same college education as their wealthy classmates. We need to lower interest rates on student loans, and offer more opportunities for graduates to reduce or eliminate their student loan debts by using their new skills to benefit society.

Our Environment:
I support clean water, clean soil, and clean air. The health and welfare of our children is not a value that we can afford to compromise. Industrial pollution is most common in low-income areas, and I support environmental regulations that prevent the exploitation and poisoning of our most vulnerable citizens. We should expand the Clean Water Act to include fracking, because no companies should be permitted to contaminate drinking water in order to boost their own bottom lines.

Federal Budget:
I support tackling our federal deficit and balancing the budget. This can be achieved in part by eliminating corporate tax loopholes, modestly raising taxes on the wealthy, and targeting the waste and abuse in various areas of our budget.

Compassion and Equality:
I support principles of compassion and equality, including equal pay for women, criminal justice reform, and legal protections against discrimination on the basis of gender, sexuality, or religion.

Healthcare:
I support expanding Medicare to cover all Americans. We are one of the only industrialized nations in the world that doesn’t offer full healthcare to our own citizens. Our current system benefits private insurance companies at the expense of American ratepayers. We deserve healthcare that puts the lives of real people ahead of profit margins, and folks who are barely getting by shouldn’t be forced to subsidize excessive executive salaries.

New Hope:
I support new economic development incentives in the regions of our state that have been devastated by the inevitable decline of the coal industry. Too many politicians on both sides of the aisle are afraid to say publicly what they almost all acknowledge privately: that the coal industry is in a state of decline for a variety of reasons, some of them irreversible. Rather than having a realistic discussion about the need to find new economic opportunities for our coal communities, too many candidates cynically offer false hope in the form of promising to slay the EPA in order to earn votes. These candidates do a disservice to their own constituents by denying new economic opportunities to the eastern and western ends of our Commonwealth. I’ll work hard for new economic development incentives that promote a diversified economy, land reclamation, solar farms, infrastructure development, and relief for out-of-work miners and their families.

what I'm hoping for is that one of these guys at some point develops into our next gatewood galbraith and is able to gadfly the commonwealth democratic party for a while to come.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

My tax bill was a thousand or so

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man i wish clinton was as big a nixonian vampire bitch as people seem to act like she is

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

paranoid randroid posted:

man i wish clinton was as big a nixonian vampire bitch as people seem to act like she is

It would make me more enthusiastic for her to represent at least some of my interests

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

It would make me more enthusiastic for her to represent at least some of my interests

are you nixonian, a vampire, or a bitch?

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
dang i usually get in on page 1 or 2 what a shame

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

PupsOfWar posted:

looking over some of the no-hope protest candidates for our senate primary (jim gray will win, but he's mediocre at best)

this guy seems pretty good

what I'm hoping for is that one of these guys at some point develops into our next gatewood galbraith and is able to gadfly the commonwealth democratic party for a while to come.

When I run for office my issues page is just gonna read full communism now and have a scan of the page where the punisher blows up a boat full of investment bankers and sharks eat the survivors.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

site posted:

When I run for office my issues page is just gonna read full communism now and have a scan of the page where the punisher blows up a boat full of investment bankers and sharks eat the survivors.

youve got my vote

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Badger of Basra posted:

are you nixonian, a vampire, or a bitch?

I have lots of friends who are bitches, and a few who are vampires on the weekends

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
some of my best friends are nixons

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

jesus christ

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

ah, duke is playing. let's go *glances at bracket*

unc wilmington? I guess

go seahawks whup up on rutgers at durham

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

site posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

cynthia being one of them?

because i'm so the miranda in my group of friends.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

watching john carter

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Majorian posted:

cynthia being one of them?

because i'm so the miranda in my group of friends.

jesus

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
huh, so apparently a possum died in my parent's backyard on the patio, so my dad and I buried it

fucker was big too, 31 inches long and male

apparently there's also a mother possum with babies somewhere that my mom saw out back a couple days ago

no idea what the possum died of, my parents never set poison or anything like that, they just leave the animals alone

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I'm noticing a trend where I feel like leaving work earlier and earlier each day.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
I'm sorry we have to have this conversation fade5, but sometimes the natural world is cruel and things die

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

i'm glad i twarted the feminine conspiracy by being attracted to dudes too

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Gravel Gravy posted:

I'm noticing a trend where I feel like leaving work earlier and earlier each day.

it'll stop eventually

when you feel like leaving work as soon as you begin your commute

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm glad i twarted the feminine conspiracy by being attracted to dudes too

A man who has truly gone his own way.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

A man who has truly gone his own way.

So that's what Fleetwood Mac was on about.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gravel Gravy posted:

So that's what Fleetwood Mac was on about.

Yeah Stevie Nicks really hosed things up.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

yeah how was chiraq

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Aeryk posted:

I'm sorry we have to have this conversation fade5, but sometimes the natural world is cruel and things die
oh sure, I'm not sad over it, it was just unexpected

my dad and I go out back to look at the plants and there's a giant dead possum on the patio, not what I/we expected to find out there

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
My fruit trees are doing amazing, dadchat! The fig leaves are nearly getting as big as my hand, and the persimmon's really starting to branch out.

I'm still a bit worried about the too-good drainage near my plum tree, but I think it's alright now. Mulch really does wonders.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

yeah how was chiraq

i dont get it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

like the french president?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

zoux posted:

i dont get it

Chiraq is a Spike Lee retelling of Lysistrata in Chicago

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Chiraq is a Spike Lee retelling of Lysistrata in Chicago

i still really need to see that. lysistrata is one of my favorite old-rear end plays

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

My fruit trees are doing amazing, dadchat! The fig leaves are nearly getting as big as my hand, and the persimmon's really starting to branch out.

I'm still a bit worried about the too-good drainage near my plum tree, but I think it's alright now. Mulch really does wonders.

you should think about planting a ziziphus jujuba if it will grow in your area

that's not a troll suggestion btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

kalstrams posted:

watching john carter

I liked it

• Locked thread