Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

grrarg posted:

I think I will go with the following team for the 4 Daemon team bonus:
Gorgotha
Hero sorcerer (not sure which weapon yet)
Moloch
Webspinner

I say use the Null Sphere to make yourself that much more resistant to spell damage. It even covers the purple you're missing in the other three troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Can I please get an invite to the guild. name is : Meat Magician

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Knightsoul posted:

Invited to Gem Blossums. We are now full up, so Gem Boiz gets the next few.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Grundulum posted:

I say use the Null Sphere to make yourself that much more resistant to spell damage. It even covers the purple you're missing in the other three troops.
holy poo poo null sphere is like a pretty big gently caress you skill

Unlocked Archer, setup's as follows:

Archer
  • Level 20:+ 5 Attack, +8 Armor, +7 Life
  • Perks: Unerring Aim: +4 Attack, Quickshot: +2 Magic, Elf Friend: Counts as an Elf
  • Traits: Nature Heart: +1 Life for each green ally, Fast: Start battles with 50% mana, Bullseye: 15% chance for skull damage to be lethal
  • Weapon: Dragon Oak: Deal 9 damage to an enemy, remove all gems of one of that troop's mana colors to boost the effect (2:1 ratio) 14 green

Does that lethal thing mean instakill?

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
My guild (Ranked 5th currently) just opened up a couple spots. If you are ok with having the requirements of 30 trophies a week and donating 30k gold a week, let me know and I'll get you an invite.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

The Pell posted:

requirements of 30 trophies a week and donating 30k gold a week

gross

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Its not bad. Just by hitting PvP rank 1 every week gets you the trophies, and 30k gold comes pretty quick. Plus its nice getting a ton of keys, gems, etc all the time.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
That's pretty much the definition of try hard, and I agree it is really loving gross.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

The Pell posted:

My guild (Ranked 5th currently) just opened up a couple spots. If you are ok with having the requirements of 30 trophies a week and donating 30k gold a week, let me know and I'll get you an invite.

If I wasn't rockin' it in Gem Boiz I'd go for it. I'm guessing there's a sweet amount of keys and gems rolling in regularly.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

The Pell posted:

Its not bad. Just by hitting PvP rank 1 every week gets you the trophies, and 30k gold comes pretty quick. Plus its nice getting a ton of keys, gems, etc all the time.

I guess the advantage of this game is that it can be played on your phone so you can sit on the toilet and save money on socks

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Knightsoul posted:

Hey, Knightsoul. Do you speak Italian by any chance?

Edit: ugggh, finally. All my kingdoms are at level 10 so I can start contributing more to guild tasks.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 18, 2016

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Can I get an invite for code: Knaughelle?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

sliderule posted:

Can I get an invite for code: Knaughelle?

Invited to Gem Boiz.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cool, could you pass one to my wife, too? Code: VALYN_5

e: Also, is there a fix for the textures sometimes looking like hot garbage? On a Nexus 6p and sometimes there's red, magenta, and green splotches all over the place.

Tan Dumplord fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 21, 2016

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

sliderule posted:

e: Also, is there a fix for the textures sometimes looking like hot garbage? On a Nexus 6p and sometimes there's red, magenta, and green splotches all over the place.

The devs are aware of the problem.

quote:

We're aware of this issue. Unfortunately a fix for this is out of our hands, as it is a known bug in Adobe AIR (which we use for development) and are waiting for them to fix it.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Some Sperglord on the Forums posted:

The 50 gem fee for switching class needs to be removed. I have spent over 300 gems so far switching from class to class. There are two main reasons for this:

There are no rewards past 250 wins. Since wins don't give any additional rewards past 250 wins, there is little need to stay on one class for too long. Dedicated players get 250 wins much quicker than the 6 day timer.

Defend team doesn't save class. Since everyone's defend team has to use current class, there becomes a lot of instances where people prioritize for PvP class rather than defend class. This leaves less creativity with defends as people are forced to use the same offensive class as defensive. For instance, I prefer Priest for defend, but always PvP with Sorcerer, Necromancer, or Archer.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I don't have 250 wins in one class. Clearly I need to poop more.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I think his second point is fair, but lol at maxing his classes in a week.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Can I get a guild invite? Code is carnal sanders

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

gromdul posted:

I don't have 250 wins in one class. Clearly I need to poop more.

You don't need to have the hero on the team to rack up wins for the class weapon. As long as you have a class select on the hero page, a win with any team counts.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So, this week's glory reward provides 2x arcane spirit stones (blue/purple). The necromancer hero class requires 16 of these to max out the traits, so if you've got 3200 glory burning a hole in your pocket, this could be the week to dump it.

Just to summarize the class:
Perks: +8 life, +2 magic, counts as undead
Traits: +2 life for undead, +1 magic/purple ally, +1 soul for 4/5 gem matches
Home kingdom: Khetar

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
This is an announcement for vasudus. Gem Blossums is full and we have players still looking for invites. You were last active 20 days ago according to the game. If you don't get active soon, I'm going to boot you from the guild and free up a slot.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Grundulum posted:

This is an announcement for vasudus. Gem Blossums is full and we have players still looking for invites. You were last active 20 days ago according to the game. If you don't get active soon, I'm going to boot you from the guild and free up a slot.

I was playing on the metro earlier today but okay, guess I'll uh...play some more.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Vasudus posted:

I was playing on the metro earlier today but okay, guess I'll uh...play some more.

The game doesn't count you as active unless you complete a battle of some kind. Treasure maps still don't count I think. If all you are doing is logging in and collecting gold it will show you as inactive back to your last actual battle.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Whoops. Carry on, then.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011

The Pell posted:

You don't need to have the hero on the team to rack up wins for the class weapon. As long as you have a class select on the hero page, a win with any team counts.

while helpful, i don't know if that solves the issue.

drink more coffee gromdul

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I would like a guild invite. Code is GRIEFOR.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Some one a ways up suggested unlocking all the kingdoms and getting them to lvl 5 before contributing to the guild tast things, is that good advice? Ive been gettings tons poo poo just from being in the guild and feel kinda bad that im not adding anything.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, me too. I'm almost there, should be unlocking my last kingdom tomorrow or something. After that, what is the ideal progression for kingdom levels? Get them all to level 5, then the +magic kingdoms to 10, then the rest?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Oenis posted:

Yeah, me too. I'm almost there, should be unlocking my last kingdom tomorrow or something. After that, what is the ideal progression for kingdom levels? Get them all to level 5, then the +magic kingdoms to 10, then the rest?

Magic > Attack > Life > Armor

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Oenis posted:

I'm going "get all to level 5, get 4 magics to 10, get all the rest to 7, then max attack, then..."

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mylan posted:

I think his second point is fair, but lol at maxing his classes in a week.

I feel like I play this game a lot (I'm maybe a few days away from getting all the kingdoms up to level 10) and I'm nowhere near getting even my first class maxed out.

That said, I do think they should get rid of the gem requirement for swapping classes. Classes are a neat mechanic but you don't get to play around with the classes enough to really enjoy it. I'm guessing they launched them with the gem requirement to be on the safe side in case it turned out they really broke the game but so far it doesn't look like they are good enough to be abused by frequent switching.

Also they need to nerf the gently caress out of that scythe, or at least find a way to keep it in check in Arena.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Griefor posted:

I would like a guild invite. Code is GRIEFOR.

Invited to Gem Boiz. That should bring us up to 30 again.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Bandire posted:

Invited to Gem Boiz. That should bring us up to 30 again.

Thanks much.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, there was an ebb in membership for a while, but now we are back up to two full goon guilds of active players.

please don't leave, grrarg

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

May I have a guild invite? Code is URKABURKA

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Kly posted:

Some one a ways up suggested unlocking all the kingdoms and getting them to lvl 5 before contributing to the guild tast things, is that good advice? Ive been gettings tons poo poo just from being in the guild and feel kinda bad that im not adding anything.
It is good advice. Getting all kingdoms unlocked and to level 5 as soon as possible will increase your income. You'll get more daily gold, and more importantly, multi-kingdom tribute will give free gems regularly which will allow you to buy +gold armor. Usually the best way to go is to get the 50gem armor (or buy the limited-time $4.99 starter pack that has one in your first two weeks) then a 250 or 500 gem one.

Grundulum posted:

Yeah, there was an ebb in membership for a while, but now we are back up to two full goon guilds of active players.

please don't leave, grrarg
Haha I'm not leaving after we finally got the guilds filled back up with potential guild task donators. Give me all the free glory keys and gems (once they have leveled their kingdoms and can contribute a significant amount regularly).

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Unfortunately for those seeking invites, Gem Blossums is full.

However, both CrashCat and Meat Magician are showing several days of inactivity. Is either of you bored of the game, such that we can free up a slot for new players? In this brave new world of more active players I don't want to boot someone prematurely.

As an aside, one of the features under consideration for the guild update (2.1, I think) is that guilds will be able to buy weeklong increases to gold/souls/XP gains using tokens. So that's another reason to be contributing to guild tasks. Myself, I hope that they implement an automatic contribution setting. It was irritating trying to manage 10, 20, or 50% contributions to tasks while I built up my kingdoms. Would have been much easier if there was a switch I could set somewhere that 30% of all gold earned goes into guild coffers to be spent on tasks.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I know I saw a dev mention that they're planning on having trophies do something as well. Would be nice since guild ranking means jack poo poo right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Jibo posted:

Also they need to nerf the gently caress out of that scythe, or at least find a way to keep it in check in Arena.

I keep going up against teams with a higher magic Crescendo in the arena. Them doing 8 or 9 true damage to my low leveled guys sucks and can 1 or 2 shot most of my team.