Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gregday
May 23, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

I still think the movie looks fun, but boyyyyyyyyy that voice

His voice at the very end was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The MSJ posted:

New X-Men Apocalypse trailer, featuring a lot of new scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBVIHgQbYk

It still feels like smashing toys together, even more than Civil War and BvS.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Does his voice just get deeper and deeper, as the movie goes on?

I liked the unmodified voice that Isaac did, but they didn't ham it up in this one at least. He still looks like Ivan Ooze.

It's a very pretty trailer, but yeah, it just looks like a sequence of people beating up on each other without much plot. Not that that's necessarily bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It still feels like smashing toys together

I don't know what this means.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zoux posted:

I don't know what this means.

Thin plot, broad characters, lots of action set piece spectacle.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Am I a giant nerd for being unsettled by Alex being older than Scott, and Warren not losing his wings before being approached by Apocalypse? (I already know I am)

Also, it showed Ororo with Brown hair, which looks to get turned white and mohawky. Is this suggesting the process Apocalypse puts them through whitens her hair like Rogues was whitened by stress at the end of X1? If so... was she an unknown Apocalypse flunky before the original X-men movie where she had white hair? It just doesn't sit well with me.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 17, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rogue gets the white stripe during X-Men 1.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Comfortador posted:

Am I a giant nerd for being unsettled by Alex being older than Scott, and Warren not losing his wings before being approached by Apocalypse? (I already know I am)

Also, it showed Ororo with Brown hair, which looks to get turned white and mohawky. Is this suggesting the process Apocalypse puts them through whitens her hair like Rogue? If so... was she an unknown Apocalypse flunky before the original X-men movie where she had white hair? It just doesn't sit well with me.

Days of the Future past altered the timeline and I guess Magneto exposing mutants publicly is what draws out Apocalypse in this movie. He gets a hold of Storm before she ever joins Xavier.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There could be any number of explanation for those and now you also have the timeline changing because of the previous movie. Nothing good ever comes from thinking too much about X-Men comics continuity, and now the movies are following in their footsteps!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Thin plot, broad characters, lots of action set piece spectacle.

Hmmm sounds like a comic book to this goon.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

The MSJ posted:

There could be any number of explanation for those and now you also have the timeline changing because of the previous movie. Nothing good ever comes from thinking too much about X-Men comics continuity, and now the movies are following in their footsteps!

Man I'm looking forward to them doing Cable

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Comfortador posted:

Also, it showed Ororo with Brown hair, which looks to get turned white and mohawky. Is this suggesting the process Apocalypse puts them through whitens her hair like Rogue? If so... was she an unknown Apocalypse flunky before the original X-men movie where she had white hair? It just doesn't sit well with me.

Warren lost his wings in the mutant massacre, he was then approached by apocalypse

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Kainser posted:

Man I'm looking forward to them doing Cable

If Deadpool's teaser at the end is to be believed, he'll be in the sequel.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Warren lost his wings in the mutant massacre, he was then approached by apocalypse

That's his point.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

chicka-chickahh

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
WB figured out how to make a Deadpool movie.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy in on movie. Can someone say "ironic ZZTop trailer theme "

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I really don't think Lobo plays today in the same way that Deadpool does, at least if they're going with the cigar smoking biker.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Wait no, Born to Be Wild

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Harley Quinn is more Deadpool than Lobo in the comics now, but I guess if they want an R-rated movie they cannot use a character already featured in a PG13 movie and has toys meant for children.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I really like the idea of Cable coming in on a Deadpool movie because it means there's an actual chance they could go with his full-on comic book origin. Since it's ostensibly a comedy, they don't really have to worry about things being too comic-booky to translate into live action. They could play the whole grimdark future, techno-organic virus, raised by his alternate-timeline sister as a joke and it might work. We'll see though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Totally do an X-men movie where they introduce Rachael and Cables there and Scott and Jean are all "uh drat, we got kids".

I like that Apocalypse has a normal speaking voice. He's clearly going to pass himself off as some mutant messiah so it fits that he's going to speak with honeyed words and a sweet voice. Though I can't help buy go "No, Poe Dameron, no!".

I also like everyones 80s outfits, especially Chuck's Miami Vice thing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

I really don't think Lobo plays today in the same way that Deadpool does, at least if they're going with the cigar smoking biker.

R-rated action comedy starting a functionality immortal mercenary who can recover from/regrow back from every possible injury with a propensity for wild violence and for taking the poo poo out of any serious situation through self-satisfying humor that other characters find annoying.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 17, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

redbackground posted:

R-rated action comedy starting a functionality immortal dude who can recover from/regrow back from every possible injury with a propensity for wild violence and for taking the poo poo out of any serious situation through self-satisfying humor that other characters find annoying.

I'm aware of the similarities, but Deadpool's design is far more "marketable" than a lovely Rob Zombie lookalike

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm aware of the similarities, but Deadpool's design is far more "marketable" than a lovely Rob Zombie lookalike
Giant chain knives are forever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hakkesshu posted:

You think the edgy young new 52 antihero would do any better?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Something really cool is happening to all the heroes' left. Much cooler than a giant Apocalypse, apparently.

Jennifer Lawrence doesn't give a poo poo though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

You think the edgy young new 52 antihero would do any better?

No. I think they probably shouldn't make a Lobo movie!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Aphrodite posted:

Rogue gets the white stripe during X-Men 1.

Hence why I said "like Rogue"

Grendels Dad posted:

Days of the Future past altered the timeline and I guess Magneto exposing mutants publicly is what draws out Apocalypse in this movie. He gets a hold of Storm before she ever joins Xavier.

No, I get all that. I'm saying that Ororo (anytime portrayed by Halle Berry) had white hair. Yet Apocalypse approaches young Storm in this movie and she has brown hair, then is later shown as a horseman with white hair. So the original non-apocalypse timeline she had white hair. I just wonder if they are going to make it so when her powers first develop she gets the white hair. Was just something that piqued my curiosity seeing the trailer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, the second part of that sentence is about Storm? The way you wrote it, it looks like it's about Rogue.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I hate Empire covers so much I'm beginning to like them.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Rip Jubilee

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really hate tacticool X-Men uniforms. I guess this is the final form of where they started, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Never stop making terrible X-men covers Empire.

And I wonder if they'll kill Mystique in this, I know Lawrence says this will be her last X-men movie. I always found it amazing how they cast her right before she blew up, though I would think that First Class helped her get the role of Katniss.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Nightcrawler extreme surfing through that nonsense is easily the best part.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Never stop making terrible X-men covers Empire.

And I wonder if they'll kill Mystique in this, I know Lawrence says this will be her last X-men movie. I always found it amazing how they cast her right before she blew up, though I would think that First Class helped her get the role of Katniss.

She'll get blasted mid-shift and reveal she can never take Jennifer Lawrence form again.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Aphrodite posted:

She'll get blasted mid-shift and reveal she can never take Jennifer Lawrence form again.

All the tragedies I've experienced looking like this.... I can never look in the mirror at this face again! *morphs into cheaper less successful actress*

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mystique will seemingly die during the climax of the movie but in the epilogue or after credits teaser one character's eyes will suddenly turn yellow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Storm, Magneto, and Jean are having a Disco dancing contest

• Locked thread