Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Chill la Chill posted:

Exactly. This is what I was talking about. I imagine holding it up like a chalice is gonna be real annoying real fast.

It's hard for any pegs to be worse than the current large-base ship pegs, which are loving terrible; the Ghost's peg is better than that, because it's one solid piece of plastic and it actually works at its job

But it still feels worse than the Epic ship pegs, which... I'm not sure why the Ghost doesn't just have one of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

The Gate posted:

I preordered everything, but apparently they were shorted. So I don't have a JM5K, aka the one ship I wanted the most. gently caress.

Double posting to state how lovely this is, I'm sorry, man. I actually am kinda annoyed because they didn't call me, I had to call them, and I think a large part of it is because they were shorted. If I hadn't just shown up in the store at like 12:30PM on a day off, would I have even gotten my dang stuff? Like, gently caress, man

EDIT: Not that it's entirely in GA's control that they got stockfucked, but a little notice would have been good? Or maybe I'm just peeved over nothing, it could be that as well

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah, basically. Never been an issue before. They also typically send out an email for preorders, but I never got one despite buying exclusively from them for X-Wing for the past two years.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ugh, thought it was cool when the TIE pilot cards and base tokens from Gozanti showed up on ebay, but then they jumped up to just over 10 bucks a pilot and now I'm like gently caress it and just let the sale slide because why don't I just buy the goddamn assault carrier if I'm contemplating spending this much on the cards alone.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Gate you can have my JM, I can pick up the next one that comes in if you want

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

alg posted:

Gate you can have my JM, I can pick up the next one that comes in if you want

I appreciate it, we'll see. I'm checking to see when they expect the next shipment.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

guts and bolts posted:

Double posting to state how lovely this is, I'm sorry, man. I actually am kinda annoyed because they didn't call me, I had to call them, and I think a large part of it is because they were shorted. If I hadn't just shown up in the store at like 12:30PM on a day off, would I have even gotten my dang stuff? Like, gently caress, man

EDIT: Not that it's entirely in GA's control that they got stockfucked, but a little notice would have been good? Or maybe I'm just peeved over nothing, it could be that as well

Apparently our LGS got shorted on stock by the distributor too, so laffo if this is the end result of Asmodee's loving with FFG's supply chain, longer delays than normal for less stock than normal.

Weirdneal
Jan 2, 2010

Devlan Mud posted:

Apparently our LGS got shorted on stock by the distributor too, so laffo if this is the end result of Asmodee's loving with FFG's supply chain, longer delays than normal for less stock than normal.

Pretty much every store got shorted.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Asmodee really really sucks. Burn Europe to the ground imho

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

alg posted:

I wish there had been as much outcry over the seven of eight Open tournies being in Europe as there was when the Plugged In tour for netrunner was announced as being US-only.

RIP FFG's US presence.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Devlan Mud posted:

I wish there had been as much outcry over the seven of eight Open tournies being in Europe as there was when the Plugged In tour for netrunner was announced as being US-only.

RIP FFG's US presence.

Most of us noted how lovely it was, but FFG OP has always made awful decisions anyway

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

alg posted:

Most of us noted how lovely it was, but FFG OP has always made awful decisions anyway

Now I've got two different "world championship" weekends in lovely Minnesota to not go to!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sorry to hear you dudes aren't getting your spaceships when you expected, while over here in Canada on an island I'll have to wait another month or two before I even see a box for the VCX-100, G1A, Jumpman or ProtoTie on the nearest shelf.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Sorry to hear you dudes aren't getting your spaceships when you expected, while over here in Canada on an island I'll have to wait another month or two before I even see a box for the VCX-100, G1A, Jumpman or ProtoTie on the nearest shelf.

Can we send Trump up to Make Canada Great Again

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

alg posted:

Trump will finally finish the War of 1812.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Chill la Chill posted:

Exactly. This is what I was talking about. I imagine holding it up like a chalice is gonna be real annoying real fast.

If, in your hero phase, you raise your VCX in a toast to Chopper,

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

*Kneels in front of the Golden God. *

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AndyElusive posted:

Don't forget that it'll cost more! :canada:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Devlan Mud posted:

:ssh: try the other flgs.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Otisburg posted:

:ssh: try the other flgs.

Ironically the Ghost is the only ship I didn't preorder, since I don't wanna pay :10bux:x5 on Kanaan and a Dorsal Turret.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Guri (30)
Virago (1)
Lone Wolf (2)
Cloaking Device (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Serissu (20)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) (2)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Dengar (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Total: 98

This list is fun. Flew it once and the tractor beam did some work. Finally a reason to have Serrisu in a list
Hopefully Anti Pursuit lasers will help me deal with superdash and high PS aces, but we'll see

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Devlan Mud posted:

Ironically the Ghost is the only ship I didn't preorder, since I don't wanna pay :10bux:x5 on Kanaan and a Dorsal Turret.

I preordered everything through the place of the winged horse and am going there now to pick it up. Might throw an extra TIE Prototype on the pile.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
inertial dampeners+anti pursuit lasers on a low-PS ship with barrel roll is pretty fun

alg
Mar 14, 2007

guts and bolts posted:

Scott told me that most people didn't reply to their email asking for numbers of what they wanted. After the initial period if people ask for more before the ships come out he can go back to his distributor and ask for more. He said all his distributors were out.

He told me everyone is out of JM. I guess its because of all the people buying triple JM.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

alg posted:

Poopy Palpy posted:

Trump will finally finish the War of 1812.

alg posted:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Weirdneal posted:

Pretty much every store got shorted.

Not to humblebrag (I didn't buy any of the new ships because I'm so far behind on everything...) by my FLGS seems to have gotten 2-3 of everything.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

My store usually sells like 10-15 of each at least to pre-orders

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

The Gate posted:

Yeah, basically. Never been an issue before. They also typically send out an email for preorders, but I never got one despite buying exclusively from them for X-Wing for the past two years.

This is dumb. Why bother taking preorders if you can't guarantee that the preorder will be filled? Then it's just a poll to see how interested people are in the product. If alg's doesn't work out let me know, you're more than welcome to use mine as well.

EDIT: actually I'm dropping by GT later today, will check for jumpmasters for you there as well.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Someone apparently decided not to pick up their JM5K, so they're gonna hold it for me. Victory!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The Gate posted:

Someone apparently decided not to pick up their JM5K, so they're gonna hold it for me. Victory!

This owns. Gamer's Armory owns.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AndyElusive posted:

Ugh, thought it was cool when the TIE pilot cards and base tokens from Gozanti showed up on ebay, but then they jumped up to just over 10 bucks a pilot and now I'm like gently caress it and just let the sale slide because why don't I just buy the goddamn assault carrier if I'm contemplating spending this much on the cards alone.

I just bought all of the gozanti TIE pilots+the ships and tokens off eBay for $20. Do you want a link to the seller?

Edit: http://m.ebay.com/itm/121813954938?_mwBanner=1

Looks like he ran out of the gozanti TIEs but just check every day and he'll probably restock soon. I really like that seller, his prices are good and he ships fast and the one time he forgot something he responded quickly and fixed it.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 17, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Got mine. Tried out DenGuri against the Ghost with docked Phantom and a K-Wing. loving Autoblaster/Accuracy Corrector is Definitely A Thing.

Lost badly, but also ballsed up my tactics horribly and got TLT tacticianed repeatedly and, as ever, gently caress K wings that is all.

Playing some more again tomorrow, than deciding what to do this weekend - Carnor/OL/Whisper (which went pretty nicely the other night, albeit flying a Squint without PTL is SO loving weird), Vader/Soontir/OL, or DenGuri. Might go with DenGuri for sheer novelty, but OTOH, I have minis I have actually painted now >.<

Also wondering about GGYZ - Mist Hunter Ruthless with FCS, Boba Ruthless otherwise naked, TLT/Unhinged Y, and N'Dru with Lone Wolf, Clusters, Stims and Chips. I think it could be A Thing.

On another note, the JK5K is loving tiny, it's barely larger than a k-wing. The Ghost is ludicrously enormous. The TAP is cute as hell, for some reason I thought it had some bit sticking out the back but it's no longer than its dinky oval wings. And the Mist Hunter is pimped out AF. I kinda want another one just because of the GIANT SPOILER. I want to paint it purple and gold, man.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Played with wave 8 stuff for the first time. The problem with the ghost stand isn't where it joins with the model, but where it joins with the base: I blue tacked it and it still was loose.

Played three games with ghost chopper with accuracy corrector and autoblaster turret, Ezra PtL TLT shuttle and an a-wing, facing a tricked out Bossk yv-666 and a tricked out Tal. Won the first game after I got a perfect joust on the yv-666 and it ate two consecutive turns of primary + autoblaster turret. Second and third game my opponent managed to do better and won both of them.

Thoughts: jumpmasters are really good and the star of the show. Ghost is good and I like the chopper build with zeb. Dengar crew is loving amazing though,

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, the Scum crew are the real standout of this for me; Dengar, GONK and Boba are all amazing, and Zuckuss and 4LOM aren't bad either, though having said that I've not used any of them yet or really worked out lists I think are viable where they fit. That Unhinged/K4 combo is too tasty.

>.<

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Is Ruthless not Imp onlyÉ

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ghetto wormhole posted:

Looks like he ran out of the gozanti TIEs but just check every day and he'll probably restock soon. I really like that seller, his prices are good and he ships fast and the one time he forgot something he responded quickly and fixed it.

Niiice. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely follow that seller and fingers X'd TIED that they restock on those pilots. It's often just the shipping fees that close doors for me on buying much of what I find through ebay and I honestly really just want Wampa, maybe Youngster too. All four if I can snag em.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Brunas posted:

This is dumb. Why bother taking preorders if you can't guarantee that the preorder will be filled? Then it's just a poll to see how interested people are in the product. If alg's doesn't work out let me know, you're more than welcome to use mine as well.

EDIT: actually I'm dropping by GT later today, will check for jumpmasters for you there as well.

Update from Brunas: no JM5Ks at GameTheory, though this no longer matters. lol @ the insane buy-in on the 3 JM5K list. I don't think it will be horrible, but to day-1 buy in on it seems... aggressive?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Tekopo posted:

Played with wave 8 stuff for the first time. The problem with the ghost stand isn't where it joins with the model, but where it joins with the base: I blue tacked it and it still was loose.

Played three games with ghost chopper with accuracy corrector and autoblaster turret, Ezra PtL TLT shuttle and an a-wing, facing a tricked out Bossk yv-666 and a tricked out Tal. Won the first game after I got a perfect joust on the yv-666 and it ate two consecutive turns of primary + autoblaster turret. Second and third game my opponent managed to do better and won both of them.

Thoughts: jumpmasters are really good and the star of the show. Ghost is good and I like the chopper build with zeb. Dengar crew is loving amazing though,

Ezra PTL TLT Crewbacca Hull Upgrade (Ezra36) is probably hands-down the best new ship from Wave 8 in my estimation, though the Inquisitor gained ground since now he beats Autothrusters (again?). JM5K certainly seems playable, Ghost seems maybe bad. Depends on whether or not we can get an errata/ruling on getting both shots of the TLT as part of the double-tap; FCS + double tap + TLT on 16EHP feels like a very solid ship, even at 67 points.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Dual Ghost + Stresshog is pretty loving good. Having two 4 dice attack ships and 40 HP on the table is crazy. You win by sheer weight of the numbers alone. The ghost's dial is good enough that it doesn't really have problems keeping things in front of it - It even has a K-turn!

It might run into problems against things like VSP, which I haven't tried it against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is Ruthless not Imp onlyÉ

Ruthless Freelancer, the PS3 G1A generic. Couldn't remember the second part of the name.

I'm also thinking about two u-boats and 4LOM. It might be the first time I'll buy more than one of a ship - and it'll be a second P1. And a second Mist Hunter. And 2 TAPs. And another f/o for another Juke.

gently caress ow my wallet please stop.

• Locked thread