Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
One "that's a good song" is just right, and i'm glad they added it back in :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ImPureAwesome posted:

This episode was really great. it was really refreshing hearing a bunch of new funny people. I hope they come back

Same

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

The Banned posted:

Just relistened to it. That's definitely Brendon's voice. Maybe that means there's a Victor and Tiny appearance that has been recorded but not released yet?

He tweeted last week that he had just recorded an ep as Victor and Tiny so it must be coming up soon.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Back To 99 posted:

One "that's a good song" is just right, and i'm glad they added it back in :colbert:

Yeah, 'one' is fine. But I'm just worried that it's going to devolve into another minute of bullshit which taught me to just stop listening to the podcast once the plugs theme started playing.

Yes. I am an angry person.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Closing up there plugs bag. Closing CLOSING closing CLOSING.

Closing up, closing up. Cloooosing up cloooosing up

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

piratepilates posted:

Closing up there plugs bag. Closing CLOSING closing CLOSING.

That song's okay.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

piratepilates posted:

I thought it was 'close it up, close it up, close it up close it up'

this is devastating

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought it was 'close it up, close it up, close it up close it up'

this is devastating

Oh I have no idea, I always throw my phone out the window when they get to that part so I don't have to subject myself to that song and the comments.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

The Ape of Naples posted:

Yeah, 'one' is fine. But I'm just worried that it's going to devolve into another minute of bullshit which taught me to just stop listening to the podcast once the plugs theme started playing.

Yes. I am an angry person.

I think it should be longer

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

manyak posted:

I think it should be longer

You're compensating.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
The only good songs are hymns!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

closing up plugs bag theme is great and they should add something to it every single show

now if only anyone could make a single goddamn plugs back theme that is less than 45 minutes long

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this is the best plugs bag theme i ever heard

https://soundcloud.com/extraspecialband/best-friends

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I remember listening to that episode (Phil Lord & Chris Miller?) while going for a walk and having to stop from laughing at how stupid and funny that plugs theme was.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I remember listening to that episode (Phil Lord & Chris Miller?) while going for a walk and having to stop from laughing at how stupid and funny that plugs theme was.

It's about 30 seconds in when they realize that it's not going to change and start laughing.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

It's about 30 seconds in when they realize that it's not going to change and start laughing.

The last second is magical as well. There is a payoff!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
How do I know without clicking that the tune is Best 'Friends?'

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
On last night's Brooklyn 99 Mantzouk dropped a "hang on man" that sounded so much like "heynongman" that I had to rewind it a few times to make sure

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Golden Bee posted:

How do I know without clicking that the tune is Best 'Friends?'

Because it says so right in the URL?

BTW, I think the Casey Wilson part to the closing theme was "Close it up, close it up. Close it up, close it up." Although I can't say I ever concentrated on that part super closely so who knows.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I watched the first episode of Bajillion on YT right after finishing the podcast episode and its amazing how editing and direction can just kill anything funny

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It's magical

https://soundcloud.com/comedybangbang/293-phil-lord-chris-miller-jon-gabrus-eugene-cordero#t=1:14:10

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

On last night's Brooklyn 99 Mantzouk dropped a "hang on man" that sounded so much like "heynongman" that I had to rewind it a few times to make sure

I knew I couldn't be alone on that. I'm still betting he split the difference intentionally.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don't remember but isn't "hang on man" what he was saying when Scott decided he said heynong man. Maybe he just say it like that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Parallax posted:

I watched the first episode of Bajillion on YT right after finishing the podcast episode and its amazing how editing and direction can just kill anything funny

This is part of why i love birthday boys show... A lot of the stuff they did on that is funny but kind of just silly but the editing and production is so completely spot on that it elevates it all to amazing... Like imagine skip Williams - keeping the beat with worse direction and editing and it goes from one of my favorite things they did to nothing.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't remember but isn't "hang on man" what he was saying when Scott decided he said heynong man. Maybe he just say it like that.

Yeah. But on B99 (b'ninenine) there wasn't really a reason for him to say it at all so it kinda seemed intentional.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I think I'm tired of all these fake reality shows too when they're structured exactly the same as the real thing and only barely more absurd

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's my problem with Kroll Show. Watching stupid, annoying people on a reality show and watching someone play a fake stupid, annoying person on a fake reality show is no different to me.

A lot of people in the industry say they don't have much energy to watch dramatic or comedic TV and end up watching a lot of reality shows where they can just turn off their brains. I think it's why we have an epidemic of fake reality TV these days.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Kroll Show had a pretty unique take on it, with all the different shows/spin-offs melting into each other (especially from season 2 onward). I miss it dearly, but I don't care about any of these new shows.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

This is part of why i love birthday boys show... A lot of the stuff they did on that is funny but kind of just silly but the editing and production is so completely spot on that it elevates it all to amazing... Like imagine skip Williams - keeping the beat with worse direction and editing and it goes from one of my favorite things they did to nothing.

hey its me the drummer and i think drummin's really neat

sittin in the back and i'm keepin the beat!!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Parallax posted:

Hoo boy, I'm watching a bit of it now and it's just kind of tedious. Like I see the jokes but they aren't funny and now I'm really just watching a white-bread reality show. It's almost a paint by numbers alternative comedy TV show.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
burning love season 1 is classic as well.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
It's official:

https://twitter.com/fuzzybrains/status/710475526679437312

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

piratepilates posted:

Hoo boy, I'm watching a bit of it now and it's just kind of tedious. Like I see the jokes but they aren't funny and now I'm really just watching a white-bread reality show. It's almost a paint by numbers alternative comedy TV show.
There are definitely funny moments, but the first episode definitely feels like they're feeling it out, just kinda improving their way to through 30 mins. I love PFT, but style of improvising, kinda meta-snarking at the whole thing, doesn't fit super well for his weirdo character. I'm hoping it'll pick up, I think the editing+production was surprisingly well done.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
I wonder if I will ever get tired of Gino...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess if you're really really desperate for more Gabrus he's on an episode of the wolf den today

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Also his High & Mighty podcast. I really, really wish he would plan out talking points, or do any sort of background research/review, or let his guests loving talk for more than 10 seconds at a time, though. Today's episode was especially bad as a huge Banshee fan.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Also his High & Mighty podcast. I really, really wish he would plan out talking points, or do any sort of background research/review, or let his guests loving talk for more than 10 seconds at a time, though. Today's episode was especially bad as a huge Banshee fan.

A Fanshee??

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess if you're really really desperate for more Gabrus he's on an episode of the wolf den today

He bitched one time on I4H about H&M not being picked up and he's been backpeddling ever since

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Kroll's Stallone is so loving funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

soggybagel posted:

Kroll's Stallone is so loving funny.

yeahhe'sagoodkid