Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
we will never know dipper's canon real name
(odd that he danced around it in the special if it wasn't going to be revealed at any point in the series...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Acne Rain posted:

(odd that he danced around it in the special if it wasn't going to be revealed at any point in the series...)

I'm pretty sure he's saving it as a plot point if he ever decides to do a sequel, along with what happened to Ford after he got sucked into the portal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It's going to be in the Journal released later this year, apparently.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think my favourite Bill Cypher line was "You're crazy if you think I'll help you!" "I'm crazy either way!^_^"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Acne Rain posted:

I think Lambe is the best guess so far.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's saving it as a plot point if he ever decides to do a sequel, along with what happened to Ford after he got sucked into the portal.

I hate that the lingering promise of a Netflix revival is having so many creators clam up about the plans for shows after they're cancelled. It's especially silly with cartoons considering that the entire plot of the Hey Arnold jungle movie has been known for years and it's still getting made.

Hirsch is pretty cool about it because he's putting it all in the journal but Craig McCracken is taking his ball and going home with Wander Over Yonder now that it's cancelled.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Hirsch wanted the show to end, though, it's not like Disney pulled the plug.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Colonial Air Force posted:

Hirsch wanted the show to end, though, it's not like Disney pulled the plug.

Quite the opposite, actually. I think part of the reason for the weird airing schedule is because Disney was desperately trying to convince him to make more.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Quite the opposite, actually. I think part of the reason for the weird airing schedule is because Disney was desperately trying to convince him to make more.

Wasn't the weird airing schedule Disney using their Wizards and oracles to find the best schedule for ratings. A couple of times when people have been talking about Disney's scheduling thing, the story is brought up that once Hirsch threw his weight around to get an episode a more sane release date, and that episode had the worst ratings ever. After that, Hirsch figured that Disney knew what they were doing and left it alone.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

What were these Tweets before they went into the phantom zone?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ultramiraculous posted:

Basically he was saying how he had nothing to do with the post-finale Gravity Falls special and all his live action segments were just taken from unaired segments from the last special

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ultramiraculous posted:

Apparently Disney is airing (or at least was advertising) a new Between The Pines special and Hirsch sent out some tweets saying basically "um no they aren't, or if they are, they didn't ask me or re-interview me so there probably won't be anything new".

They've probably been deleted because Disney told him "Hey dick don't kill the hype and tell people to not watch our special"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Say Nothing posted:

I think Lambe is the best guess so far.

Abel was a shepherd. Just saying.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Acne Rain posted:

It's Dopper, guys. He comes right out and says it.

Also god dammit show did you teleport some onions in here and start cutting them because auggggggggh

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 23, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
The sparkles emoji is the best. :allears: alex-chaaaaan~~~~

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Don't forget his other Tweets he posted recently:

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/713139863659216896

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/713142302600876032

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/713146676387586048

There is no Volume 1 or 2, right?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Nope, it's just meant to be the journal Dipper has, which was 3 (because Stan had 1 and Gideon had 2). I'm sure it's going to confuse the poo poo out of a lot of parents buying it for their kids though.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If it doesn't have the plot to Air Bud in it I'm going to be very disappointed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Sorry, nothing in there that says a dog can play basketball.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shame. Also I had the wrong book.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Middle left.. That's a plumbus, right?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Mrs. Pac-man, Plumbus, crab people, Ariel, a Hopskinsville goblin, Wizard of Oz monkey, a gremlin... I don't know if I'm missing any other weird references.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There's a flatwooods monster and one of the M. Night Shamaliens. And, ofc, cthulhu.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

pksage posted:

The sparkles emoji is the best. :allears: alex-chaaaaan~~~~
His name really fits the sparkles too!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The_Doctor posted:

I asked Wikipedia what a plumbus is, and got this answer.

Honestly I can believe something or someone named "dwile flonking" would exist in Gravity Falls.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It is a Rick and morty thing

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Honestly I can believe something or someone named "dwile flonking" would exist in Gravity Falls.

See here.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Cat Mattress posted:

It's worth at least 6 1/2 brapples.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly, why cut the fleeb? What did it do to anyone.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spergminer posted:

Mrs. Pac-man, Plumbus, crab people, Ariel, a Hopskinsville goblin, Wizard of Oz monkey, a gremlin... I don't know if I'm missing any other weird references.

Jersey Devil just beneath Bigfoot.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Possible Chupacabra at the bottom right.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Hopkinsville Goblin and a Jackalope next to Bill and Cthulhu?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ha, is the top right a crab person?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykWPyaqbebo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Pokemon and Gizmo on page right are really nice.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly, why cut the fleeb? What did it do to anyone.

My favorite part of the plumbus short is after the pleebus and grumbo are chipped away, one of the little guys is sitting there with his face in his hands like "I don't know what I've just done, oh God why?"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

The Pokemon and Gizmo on page right are really nice.

Pokemon? :confused:

Also what in the hell is that thing next to Ms Pacman

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Macaluso posted:

Pokemon? :confused:

Also what in the hell is that thing next to Ms Pacman

Rick and Morty thing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh interesting. The many armed alien on the right page is a Rick and Morty thing too isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Isn't the bird in the right page an Articuno legendary Pokemon or something.??

• Locked thread