Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
we need a 21st century law to deal with this never before seen issue of the government needing the cooperation of a private entity in the course of an investigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

infernal machines posted:

we need a 21st century law to deal with this never before seen issue of the government needing the cooperation of a private entity in the course of an investigation

but its haaaaaaard

because computers or smth, i dunno NO gently caress YOU DAD

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GKdH2GwaO4&t=252s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

well this is the law

they shuld so gently caress you to the law

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

so is all writs

my issue is with their transparent pr spin.

one judge has already ruled the all writs act doesn't require apple to do this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's actually extremely retarded that there's computer versions of laws already. Last thing we need is more

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Larry Parrish posted:

It's actually extremely retarded that there's computer versions of laws already. Last thing we need is more

no its not, but I agree about too many laws.

all laws should have a 30 year expiration date and after 30 years govt should be forced to update and renew it or toss it out.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

including the constitution

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

no its not, but I agree about too many laws.

all laws should have a 30 year expiration date and after 30 years govt should be forced to update and renew it or toss it out.

the 30 year expiration is coming up on the law against murder hope they renew it

oh no political gridlock *gets murdered*

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

laws are just another part of Big Government and should be abolished

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

My Linux Rig posted:

the 30 year expiration is coming up on the law against murder hope they renew it

oh no political gridlock *gets murdered*

if the two sides can't agree that murder should remain illegal then I guess I'd like to be put down anyway tbh

Godspeed You! Black Conservative
Dec 30, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
reminder that if appl signs some hosed up fbi os then it'll end up on your phone after connecting to a stingray which they keep flying over major metro areas :tinfoil:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if the two sides can't agree that murder should remain illegal then I guess I'd like to be put down anyway tbh

they literally won't agree.

the GOP nearly invalidated all US bonds worldwide which would have been about as catastrophic as 800 holocausts since it's the world reserve asset. also, a GOP controlled state congress voted down a proposal by a K-12 class to appoint a state snack because it was "promoting big government"

you bet your rear end they would vote against a law banning murder

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

PleasureKevin posted:

congress voted down a proposal by a K-12 class to appoint a state snack because it was "promoting big government"

lmao get rekt scrubkids

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He said it was a state legislature. IDK about other federal nations but the US's state governments are unbelievably retarded and its a big part of why the feds have to do everything these days lol.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
trump will ban big phones so u better get ur big phone now

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
trump, a candidate for president, suggested boycotting the only american phone maker

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

The Management posted:

trump, a candidate for president, suggested boycotting the only american phone maker

blackberry is (north) American

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

The Management posted:

Apple is Irish so wgaf

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They use other nations to dodge taxes like every other company so really that's reason enough to boycott them

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
speaking off broken Apple poo poo wtf:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

My Linux Rig posted:

I'm the I

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that's a custom keyboard made for the Awful app. you can actually use it in other apps too by enabling it in settings.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

My Linux Rig posted:

this has been happening only in awful.app for a while now. I've never seen it in other apps. I don't know how they manage to do that.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

The Management posted:

this has been happening only in awful.app for a while now. I've never seen it in other apps. I don't know how they manage to do that.

ives: let's make the color of this key black
devs: we really have some important things to do...
ives: now

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

lord funk posted:

ives: let's make the color of this key black
devs: we really have some important things to do...
ives: now

it's a third-party keyboard not made by apple

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

it's a third-party keyboard not made by apple

nope

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it's a keyboard bug but only awful seems to trigger it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

probably the addition of a million emoticons taking up too much memory

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ios takes up all the ram for its lovely ui so theres nothing left for emoticions.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
today is the day tim cook takes the stage and makes some sort of awkward blubbery comment like "For Some People The Six Might Be Too Big! Hyuk hyuk!" And if you focus you can feel the wrathful presence of steve's ghost

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the iPhone SE is probably a low-price phone where size isn't really a selling point, but a rather a concession

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

the iPhone SE is probably a low-price phone where size isn't really a selling point, but a rather a concession

or it's really a special edition and it's made of platinum and costs $5000 like a vertu

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
they're just trying to clear house of all the 5S bodies and 6 internals so when they introduce the 7 with A10 processor and new body they don't have a warehouse full of unused parts.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they're just trying to clear house of all the 5S bodies and 6 internals so when they introduce the 7 with A10 processor and new body they don't have a warehouse full of unused parts.

7 will be an A9 device, 7s will be when the A10 comes out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also the SE is a 6s in a slightly updated 5 body, all the weirdo complainers can now buy a stupid small phone again. congrats.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"all the weirdo complainers", aka china

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

"all the weirdo complainers", aka china

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i actually meant specifically u