Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kobogartimer posted:

The game crashes on me every once in a while when I try to rest at a sanctuary, and unlike Souls games, it never autosaves. Does anyone else have this happen?

Yup, both times at the first sanctuary on the shore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Another question actually. If I do something like learn "Rank 3 Greatswords" on the sphere grid, even though I haven't learned rank 1 and 2, I can still use all greatswords up to rank 3 right?

lets hang out posted:

No. Their inventory might expand as you rank up in your creed by doing work for leaders, but you'll probably find most spells out in the world, usually hidden pretty well like behind fake walls. Different creeds might sell different spells but you'd have to look all that up.

Ah okay.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LibbyM posted:

Another question actually. If I do something like learn "Rank 3 Greatswords" on the sphere grid, even though I haven't learned rank 1 and 2, I can still use all greatswords up to rank 3 right?

Ah okay.

I don't think it lets you learn higher ranks unless you've done the lower ones first. Not sure what would happen if you used a grey pearl to refund your points from the lower ranked ones

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

goferchan posted:

I don't think it lets you learn higher ranks unless you've done the lower ones first. Not sure what would happen if you used a grey pearl to refund your points from the lower ranked ones

That's kind of disappointing. I'm not sure I gather why this game uses a sphere grid if you can't move around it in interesting paths. Way back in FFX hopping Auron into Tidus's section of the sphere grid to learn quick attack was great, would have sucked if I had to learn the lower tier tidus stuff all along the way in a super linear fashion.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
i a going to punch god

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You could build to something you want and then remove all the spheres you took getting there, but I don't think you can remove weapon and gear proficiency spheres. I did that for light armor 2 so I could wear something better than the thief armor and just refunded all the dex points.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

This game is fun, but gently caress ugly. Does color ever get introduced to any of the environments? And on a more gameplay related note, am I supposed to be heading into the Village of Smiles after taking down Sodden Knight?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fuligin posted:

am I supposed to be heading into the Village of Smiles after taking down Sodden Knight?

Yes although you could explore elsewhere if you want to try to find some items first

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

lets hang out posted:

iirc you need to head for the right side of the forest to the sanctuary and boss there.

The Kraeken thing?

I literally ran to him right after fighting and beating the Queen of Smiles and was like WHAT THE gently caress? and then almost beat him with no vials and just my great sword.

By the way, I am converted. I am a beast with a great sword and no shield. A BEAST!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anyone know where to find vexing brat ears? I really wanna transmute my mace to class 3.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fuligin posted:

This game is fun, but gently caress ugly. Does color ever get introduced to any of the environments? And on a more gameplay related note, am I supposed to be heading into the Village of Smiles after taking down Sodden Knight?

It's almost always pretty drab but most places are less grey than the starting areas.

Feenix posted:

The Kraeken thing?

I literally ran to him right after fighting and beating the Queen of Smiles and was like WHAT THE gently caress? and then almost beat him with no vials and just my great sword.

By the way, I am converted. I am a beast with a great sword and no shield. A BEAST!

The boss you're looking for is in the top right corner of the woods, The Mad Alchemist. He'll get you a key that will open the way to the top part of the sunken keep. Wiki says the Kraeken is an alternative way to progress but I don't know anything about that. Either way, your goal at this point in the game is to get to the top of the sunken keep one way or another.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I just beat mad alchemist because he jumped into the left platform and just kinda hung out while I over hand smacked him in the shins with an axe. Dunno if that's repeatable or a one off glitch.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Satorr posted:

also I give up, someone please just tell me how in the world I can deal with the insane emberskulls in the Castle of Storms. I swear that is the only place I can go that I haven't already been to, but I go in there and those things eat me alive in seconds.

It really depends on what weapon you're using. My assassin guy has to shoot them with arrows since fighting them with a dagger is awful. I made a paladin guy and the starting morning star can kill them effortlessly. Also stack as much fire resist as possible with the blacksmith set and pumpkin head. You can tank them a bit with that on instead of dying immediately.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Where is the Masterless Knight after the cave area. I know that wiki says in the ruined temple, but I can't find him. It says after you beat the coveted so I assume he didn't disappear even though I beat the boss?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

I just beat mad alchemist because he jumped into the left platform and just kinda hung out while I over hand smacked him in the shins with an axe. Dunno if that's repeatable or a one off glitch.

I was just about to post this as well. My first and only attempt at Mad Alchemist he just jumped on the left platform and spammed the lightning/slime attack. All I did was do jumping heavy attacks until he died :unsmith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are there any decent gameplay videos that aren't marketing guff, or have someone jabbering away over them? Preferably early footage so I can be reasonably blind.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the willpower ring increases drop rate more than the drop rate ring :shrug:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

After a few deaths on the dragon, getting the hang of it, he flew off the left side of the screen and auto died from leaving the boss arena too far or something. Good fight.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Feenix posted:

Yesssss... Now give up armor and embrace the true build of the berserker ninja glasscannon.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

holy poo poo poison is crazy. stone roots 4 life

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

This game is cool

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lets hang out posted:

holy poo poo poison is crazy. stone roots 4 life

Is there different kinds of poison like toxic/poison in dark souls? I poisoned the witch of the lake but by the time the poison wore off it only did about 1% of her healthbar.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think my biggest complaint with this game so far is that literally every enemy ever, especially bosses, does fire damage. I want to wear something other than my blacksmith crap! Also Angsty Bones (poison sword skeletons) are the worst things to fight. I wonder if their teleport spam is an AI bug or if that's actually their intended behavior.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

There is that ring that prevents fire damage you could wear I guess

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

There is that ring that prevents fire damage you could wear I guess

Difficulty isn't the problem here.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
PSA: upgrade your armour. Each level adds quite a noticable amount to its defensive stats. It seems to reduce weight too? I noticed some fuckery with my Split Mask adding endurance, could just be a hidden stat though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

acumen posted:

PSA: upgrade your armour. Each level adds quite a noticable amount to its defensive stats. It seems to reduce weight too? I noticed some fuckery with my Split Mask adding endurance, could just be a hidden stat though.

On a related note, it's weird how little upgrading your weapon seems to do.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Marogareh posted:

It really depends on what weapon you're using. My assassin guy has to shoot them with arrows since fighting them with a dagger is awful. I made a paladin guy and the starting morning star can kill them effortlessly. Also stack as much fire resist as possible with the blacksmith set and pumpkin head. You can tank them a bit with that on instead of dying immediately.

This is what I eventually did. I said "gently caress it" and put on those crazy clothes and just 2 handed my kureimoa. Then when I got to the Wyrm I two-handed the warhammer, set it on fire and just mashed the loving boss out.

When all else fails, slam your balls into a wall.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

man yeah 1 hand sword in the castle is a real bad time

e: maybe through the entire game?

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 18, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I love how long you can get the spears' reaches when you put the charm on them that extends attack range. don't mind me, fucko, just going to sit and poke you from the other side of the screen while you play your attack animation over a gap

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm having trouble taking off the attack speed charm. It's pretty substantial so it feels like it gives you a lot more openings to land hits in.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I made the mistake of trying to convert a sanctuary in the middle of the area I'm currently running around in and now I can't kill the spawned enemies inside of it.

Well gently caress me then I guess. Better get gud and move on.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tensokuu posted:

I made the mistake of trying to convert a sanctuary in the middle of the area I'm currently running around in and now I can't kill the spawned enemies inside of it.

Well gently caress me then I guess. Better get gud and move on.

You can do so peacefully with a Crystal Sphere just so ya know. You even keep all your villagers.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

goferchan posted:

You can do so peacefully with a Crystal Sphere just so ya know. You even keep all your villagers.

How do you convert something not peacefully?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Megasabin posted:

How do you convert something not peacefully?

Ruined Pages(I think?). It's the arcane item buff. It's a hard fight, so brace yourself. Consider failing once to the villagers inside.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The official media for this game does it a huge disservice. Quick action cuts and bad YouTubers playing the early builds nearly made me skip over it. I still hate the aesthetic, but there's a really good game in here.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Lakbay posted:

Is there different kinds of poison like toxic/poison in dark souls? I poisoned the witch of the lake but by the time the poison wore off it only did about 1% of her healthbar.

It appears that there is for enemies at least, I've gotten poisoned by different enemies at different times and had vastly different amounts of damage done. Whether or not this applies to player-induced poison I don't know.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I actually really like how the game looks lol

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Kraekan Wyrm is hilarious with the warhammer. Just put some electricity on it he goes down in like <10 hits. Where's a good spot to find Amber Idols?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Duke posted:

The Kraekan Wyrm is hilarious with the warhammer. Just put some electricity on it he goes down in like <10 hits. Where's a good spot to find Amber Idols?

They drop from a few enemies (very rarely). The one I know offhand is the big troll guys (like the one outside of the Mad Alchemist fight).

• Locked thread