Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

ive owned tb2 since the thought of carrying a laptop in it was considered haraam

which tb2 model do you recommend? i'm due for a new bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
my bag is one someone gave me from the 2008 trackwise convention

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
oh sweet they have a 30% off everything deal atm. hmm

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

n-no dont

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Omar, FL

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Citizen Tayne posted:

If it comes apart on you do the police give you a seatbelt violation ticket

lol

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

n-no dont

It's super dadly.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i need a normal, adult lookin backpack that i can take on the train and then put groceries in on my way home from work

yeah that's the problem with mine, it's a perfect size for my laptop and lunch, and maybe one other thing but imma have to carry extra poo poo on the train if i need to stop anywhere to get something.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Arflom

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

my work bought everyone this failpack that has for unknowable reasons a shiny, thick, hard plastic shell on the outside

hmm yess, i really want a backpack that lets me express my inner a ninja turtle

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Clockwerk posted:

my work bought everyone this failpack that has for unknowable reasons a shiny, thick, hard plastic shell on the outside

lol is that an alienware logo
is it even waterproof

Apr 7, 2003

Clockwerk posted:

Lol where do you work, name and shame

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

yes, not sure, but probably not. It is however large enough to comfortably fit two 17" laptops with headroom to spare

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
sounds like a lot of people itt bring work home, is bag coolness is a way to forget about that?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Podima posted:

which tb2 model do you recommend? i'm due for a new bag

i got a "custom laptop messenger bag" with all the options (mesh pockets, laptop & ipad sleeve etc)in the colors of the pittsburgh flag. it is fly as loving hell. and also waterproof ftw

i see they now offer "custom commute laptop messenger bag" and i would have got that if they had it in december

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

sounds like a lot of people itt bring work home,

i bring my ipad home to play catgame

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

i got a "custom laptop messenger bag" with all the options (mesh pockets, laptop & ipad sleeve etc)in the colors of the pittsburgh flag. it is fly as loving hell. and also waterproof ftw

i see they now offer "custom commute laptop messenger bag" and i would have got that if they had it in december

rad as hell, i will look into this. thanks!

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

Whoa

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 350 days!
i've got a medium timbuk2 bag that's my go-to for doing errands and commuting on my motorbike. had it for about 6 years now, it's put up with all kinds of abuse but still looks practically new and is still rain/snowproof

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

a bunch of my students have started carrying these backpacks that are a hard plastic clamshell bucket thing that looks like a snow shovel and idk man

e: yeah this thing

Apr 7, 2003

sounds like a lot of people itt bring work home, is bag coolness is a way to forget about that?

I'm at my favorite downtown Mexican place getting shitfaced as I post this and I have my work laptop with me. I have to literally take it everywhere with me. Lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

PokeJoe posted:

tori do you like high life or just lite

its me im the high life person

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

i enjoy having the flexibility to work from home on days that i want to :v:

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

a bunch of my students have started carrying these backpacks that are a hard plastic clamshell bucket thing that looks like a snow shovel and idk man

Lol you work at Big Moron University

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Lol you work at Big Moron University

college students....children???

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 350 days!
i'm the healthy-lifestyle talisman

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 350 days!
sleeping bag? naw thats for toting your xxxl nalgene bottle full of swampy fruit

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

one of the prevalent theories is that we stopped being nomadic in order to produce alcohol and that agriculture followed this

hell i'll believe it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

i want to know what back protection level 3 looks like

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

i lied the laptop compartment is dumb as gently caress

go with "custom laptop messenger bag"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when the zipper finally broke on my 10 dollar bag from ikea, i replaced it with a 15 dollar bag from ikea.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
i carry my things in a plastic kroger bag

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

cjs: i wanted to make a gui for this dumb tool and since we're trying to be ~platform independent~ these days i started installing qt, because that makes guis, right? eleven freaking gigs you gotta be making GBS threads me. gently caress you

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

college students....children???

It's over $200 and calls itself a "back protector", that's some major paranoid weird poo poo.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
et tu...backpack?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it looks like twice as good as the stock photo irl

people have given me poo poo on the bus, lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm at my favorite downtown Mexican place getting shitfaced as I post this and I have my work laptop with me. I have to literally take it everywhere with me. Lol

lol

Podima posted:

i enjoy having the flexibility to work from home on days that i want to :v:

I like the idea of preserving home as "a place where I don't have to think about work" but also my commute is a five minute walk and a ten minute bus ride so it makes sense if your commute or office environment stink

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i have this and it's literally a purse and it owns

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's over $200 and calls itself a "back protector", that's some major paranoid weird poo poo.

i looked a little further and apparently it's a motorcycle specific backpack. weird that i didn't know that.

anyway, i've seen people carrying them without wearing motorcycle gear, so either they're dummies because they don't wear gear, or they're dummies for buying a motorcycle specific bag when they don't ride a motorcycle

e: no, i guess they also sell it as a generic "lifestyle" backpack. who the gently caress knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 350 days!

graph posted:

it looks like twice as good as the stock photo irl

people have given me poo poo on the bus, lol

my side panels are a lighter shade, but otherwise we've got the same bag in every way.

• Locked thread