Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What the gently caress did I just watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I think @luu_dt said it best:

quote:

Noninpnonknonononnonononononononomonomomonomnonono

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

meh

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:chloe:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

Stargate SG-1 is the apotheosis of Michael Shanks. He goes from a "we can't afford James Spader" nerd to zero-fucks given buff dude married to Lexa Doig.
James Spader looks loving old and worn out nowadays. I'm sure Michael Shanks is happy with how it all turned out.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

James Spader looks loving old and worn out nowadays. I'm sure Michael Shanks is happy with how it all turned out.

Spader seems like the kind of dude who loves cocaine and a good hoagie

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure he wasn't playing a character when he was on The Office as Robert California.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Ultimate track day car?

Boxster

Elise

Miata

MR2

RX-7

BMW 3 series coupe

Nissan Z

S2000

Joke option RX-8

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
E38 bud

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that was a joke but I love my 740

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

that was a joke but I love my 740

My dad loves his 7 series to death so I can respect that

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ultimate track day car?

Boxster

Elise

Miata

MR2

RX-7

BMW 3 series coupe

Nissan Z

S2000

Joke option RX-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEjgGFpphk

Mini Cooper?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Getting closer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGULcLUr0I4

I had to watch this twice, because the description recommends watching #45 (green/black) lose a wheel but continue racing. Sure enough.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
C4 corvette

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

You realize tracks have turns, right?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

only bitches turn

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Gettin loose is cool though

And it handles way better than you're lead to believe. Near 50/50 weight distribution and drives like a go kart they're so low to the ground. It's a fun car, cheap as dirt & can be modded for stupid amounts of power.

beanieson fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 18, 2016

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

My mom had a '93 Vette. It was a fun car.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mad Dragon posted:

My mom had a '93 Vette. It was a fun car.

For getting airtighted an an Ugly Kid Joe concert?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Godholio posted:

Getting closer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGULcLUr0I4

I had to watch this twice, because the description recommends watching #45 (green/black) lose a wheel but continue racing. Sure enough.

That turned out way more metal than something so absurdly-looking has any right to be.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

For getting airtighted an an Ugly Kid Joe concert?

:what:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Rad Lieutenant posted:

And it handles way better than you're lead to believe. Near 50/50 weight distribution and drives like a go kart they're so low to the ground. It's a fun car, cheap as dirt & can be modded for stupid amounts of power.

I've driven C3s, 4's and 6's. They're monsters ont he straights and will embarrass newer camaros and challengers for sure, but way too many 5.0 Fox bodies have eaten them alive in front of me to ever take them seriously

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Booblord Zagats posted:

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Reminder that the C4 won every single SCCA Showroom Stock event for three years straight, so they banned it and made it go play in its own Vette-only series.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I owned a C5Z and it was fun and was good for embarrassing both ricers and BMW owners alike, but it broke down a lot so I sold it and used the money to renovate my kitchen.

That's my corvette story thanks for reading. Next sports car will probably be a Cayman S because the new Z06 is too expensive.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fun option would be a used BRZ with engine upgrades and suspension work.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

do you have an 🍆 or not?

also, lol at the fuckboi executive summary. ty zeris

Holy poo poo emojis work on SA now?

How long did that take Radium to do?
😂

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm pretty sure Radium is dead. Zen Death Robot is the admin hero, he moved the forums to cloudflare and implemented pretty much every positive change that's happened in the last year or so.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Best track day car is a motorcycle

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

ElMaligno posted:

Best track day car is a motorcycle

+1

same price, but a power/weight ratio your fuckin miata could only dream of

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I didi one of those "Pay 350 bucks and get an hour long safety brief and 5 laps in a Ferrari 458" track days a few weeks ago, threw in an extra 100 to get another few laps in their GTR. It's amazing how fast the GTR FEELS while the 458 Feels slower while being a good bit faster. Maybe has something to with how AWD grips compared to the old fashioned glued to the corner feeling of the RWD 458.

My two friends who came with took their laps in the SLS and the Murciélago respectively, with all three of us getting some wheel time in the GTR. All three of us agreed that the GTR felt really fast while the lap times we had in the other cars were better, but my bud in the Lambo swears up and down that the Murc did not want to hold a line, it just wanted to make a lot of noise and chew all the tarmac on the corners and has no idea how it's AWD considering how much it wanted to step out.

Also track days in legit supercars are seriously exhausting, each lap feels like you ran 3 miles in a sprint

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I didi one of those "Pay 350 bucks and get an hour long safety brief and 5 laps in a Ferrari 458" track days a few weeks ago, threw in an extra 100 to get another few laps in their GTR. It's amazing how fast the GTR FEELS while the 458 Feels slower while being a good bit faster. Maybe has something to with how AWD grips compared to the old fashioned glued to the corner feeling of the RWD 458.

My two friends who came with took their laps in the SLS and the Murciélago respectively, with all three of us getting some wheel time in the GTR. All three of us agreed that the GTR felt really fast while the lap times we had in the other cars were better, but my bud in the Lambo swears up and down that the Murc did not want to hold a line, it just wanted to make a lot of noise and chew all the tarmac on the corners and has no idea how it's AWD considering how much it wanted to step out.

Also track days in legit supercars are seriously exhausting, each lap feels like you ran 3 miles in a sprint

drat. I'm incredibly envious. What track were you at?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Holy poo poo emojis work on SA now?

How long did that take Radium to do?
😂

I think they only show up on awful.app but don't quote me.

Radium is "dead", as mentioned, Zen Death Robot is doing all that stuff now. We like ZDR.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I think they only show up on awful.app but don't quote me.

We like ZDR.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

drat. I'm incredibly envious. What track were you at?

Arizona Motorsport Park in Phoenix. Kinda wish it was Wildhorse because the straights on that one are way longer, as it was getting up to 185 took some really smooth laps

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
How can you still have that opinion when blasians/wasians exist

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Arizona Motorsport Park in Phoenix. Kinda wish it was Wildhorse because the straights on that one are way longer, as it was getting up to 185 took some really smooth laps

That's cool. As the 458 track prepped or stock?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

That's cool. As the 458 track prepped or stock?

Track, had racing belts, roll cage and slick-ish tires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
This account still rocks

https://twitter.com/KyloR3n/status/710876292191756288

• Locked thread