Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's easy enough to give yourself an item on pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a lot of fun invading extremely low soul memory people with vanilla DS2 as a Heide Knight with really bad stats so they could actually kill me. Dark Souls cheating can be fun.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

The gravelord sword is so sick...i kinda wanna play the whole game with it on a regular NG character.

it was funny in pvp because people didnt know how to parry it and theyd get toxic and panic and try to run away

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

It's easy enough to give yourself an item on pc.

You can get it through normal means in like 5 minutes. I refuse to cheat

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

You can get it through normal means in like 5 minutes. I refuse to cheat

You'd have to put a gun to this gamer's head

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The gravelord sword is really badass. Cool to look at, has a really long poke R2, and a big sweep jump attack. its maybe a little too powerful for how early you can get it, but who cares

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

The gravelord sword is really badass. Cool to look at, has a really long poke R2, and a big sweep jump attack. its maybe a little too powerful for how early you can get it, but who cares

and it inflicts toxic!! its insane!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

some of the bosses take toxic too but it doesnt relaly do that much to them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

poisons fcking insane in ds2, ii nfused two cloaws with it and btween that and bleed they tear poo poo up

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

:mrgw:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please do not tease me with the jp release date

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

he looks so happy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tumor looking batty posted:

he looks so happy

he's going to gently caress that treasure chest, he's ecstatic

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The little poo poo is going to walk right past it. We've been here before.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
teh frog...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm struggling not to give in and buy the Japanese version

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm struggling not to give in and buy the Japanese version

if what I've seen so far is any indication you're going to have a really tough time figuring out what to do/ what the hell is going on. Item descriptions are really super importNt

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also the npc quests are really really good

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

If anyway cares, IGN put up a video showcasing some new and returning armor, also has a returning creature / mechanic reveal that I really wish I hadn't seen.

Less then a month....

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i dnt know if youre talking abot mimics but lol ify ou dont attack every chest in a souls game by force of habit

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I'm playing all the DLC in DS2 for the first time, so far its been pretty cool, more like zelda in the puzzle solving and progression through the areas. I'm almost at the bottom of the Old Iron King tower, is it worth going through the Iron Passage? Its so hard...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

I'm playing all the DLC in DS2 for the first time, so far its been pretty cool, more like zelda in the puzzle solving and progression through the areas. I'm almost at the bottom of the Old Iron King tower, is it worth going through the Iron Passage? Its so hard...

All the DLC areas are really good. I think Brume Tower is my favourite. Iron Passage is the co-op area and isn’t very good iirc, the boss is a smelter demon but blue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Each area has a designated coop zone. You can tell because it will have those tombstones littered around, originally those areas let you summon in people who didn't have the DLC so they could see a little bit of it. Not a concern with scholar of the first sin. I think they're worth at least seeing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone should make a dark souls 3 advent calendar. i'm not going to do that, though.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

someone should make a dark souls 3 advent calendar. i'm not going to do that, though.

you open the march 23rd one and it's a mimic that snips your finger off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot I still haven't beaten darklurker

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol why does everyone always forget about darklurker? he's one of the coolest bosses in the game imho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't forget about him per se, I attempted the fight once and then moved onto the DLC and then played Bloodborne. I still need to beat him before ds3 comes out so I can be clear of mind

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dark lurker is my favorite DS2 boss

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
getting to him is sort of a pain in the rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drew Curtis' FARKlurker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

getting to him is sort of a pain in the rear end

I wish you didn't have to refight all that poo poo every time and you could just run to the end once you done it once

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

lol why does everyone always forget about darklurker? he's one of the coolest bosses in the game imho

agreed. a lot of people probably havent fought it because of the requirements though

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Maybe its because I havent played the DLC but none of the DS2 bosses stand as particularly fun/memorable to me, which is sad.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

they'd probably be more memorable if the game tied them into the lore in some way. off the top of my head I remember thinking royal rat vanguard was a cool concept, darklurker had a cool design and attacks, and I came around to ancient dragon once I understood his attacks and tells. also I think they might have nerfed ancient dragon since release

DLC bosses are cool though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Maybe its because I havent played the DLC but none of the DS2 bosses stand as particularly fun/memorable to me, which is sad.

Yeah the base game is pretty weak in that department. Demon of song has a cool design, I like the mirror knight fight when it worked, the sinner was a good one.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked most of them. I can't parry to save my loving life so Pursuer was totally impossible for me until I got online to work lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I liked most of them. I can't parry to save my loving life so Pursuer was totally impossible for me until I got online to work lol

u dont have to parry him

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
complete bitch confession: i've never beaten the boss pursuer without the crossbow

i duel it every other time but when it's a boss i cn't deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

he doesn't act any different at all, so i dont know why that would happen

• Locked thread