Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Make it stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Pavlov posted:

Speaking of artstyle, everyone's faces are really squashed. They're twice as wide as they are tall. I guess birth defects are Moe now.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Erg posted:

this post is dumb becuase I don't know why you continue to review things you don't enjoy

hatewatching is retarded

maybe because he is retarded

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Hey carslappers was fun, I thought you guys were gunna surprise me again.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm opposed to episode by episode reviews in general, for stuff finished airing.

Lots of times things of thematic importance are only revealed fully if you have the entire picture instead of pieces of it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Pavlov posted:

try wixoss. it's similar to madoka and has cardslaps

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pavlov posted:

I don't understand why you would call it fun though? Every one of your posts about it were negative, like I can hear you rolling your eyes as hard as you can while you write them. If you think something's fun, why would you purposefully accentuate only the things you didn't enjoy about it

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Ever watched a scifi b-movie? It's like that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cynicism is dead, behold the new sincerity.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pavlov posted:

I love b movies and if I was going to review them I'd talk about the stuff thats funny and cool. Theres lots of original ideas that get thrown around in that space that you might not see in a more mainstream movie.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pavlov posted:

No. I can't really see myself continuing to watch something I considered bad, even if I thought it would be easy to make fun of

I guess that's the disconnect though, so whatever.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

The site's called 'something awful' mate. If you can't find the good in the bad you're doing something wrong.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There's value in looking at why a thing fails

Not so much in using it as a platform to dish out bad jokes

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pavlov posted:

The site's called 'something awful' mate. If you can't find the good in the bad you're doing something wrong.

Nothing this post.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Srice posted:

There's value in looking at why a thing fails

Not so much in using it as a platform to dish out bad jokes

Look forward to my Oreimo thread coming this summer.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i want pavlov to watch gundam wing next

that seems like a show that he'd enjoy for being bad/stupid, which is also why everyone else enjoys it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Gundam Wing is cool as hell, only idiots think its bad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljXFL4dyDIk

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

i want pavlov to watch gundam wing next

that seems like a show that he'd enjoy for being bad/stupid, which is also why everyone else enjoys it

I had this going for rwby but namtab hasn't been doing the synchtube watches. I have a gundam wildcard on the list so just choose for me next time.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The robot with a cloak and a big scythe and its called Deathscythe Hell.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgmze0fQdQ

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOhbumZ0GgQ

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

So is Gundam Wing just about a girl abusing animals then.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I was going to guess about a girl making pouty faces.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Relena Peacecraft is much more about pouty faces than animal abuse.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sharkopath posted:

I'm opposed to episode by episode reviews in general, for stuff finished airing.

Lots of times things of thematic importance are only revealed fully if you have the entire picture instead of pieces of it.
I think episode-by-episode immediate reactions have their uses, but prolonged analysis and dissection isn't one of them.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Please watch at least two more episodes of Madoka before you judge, thanks.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Even though the writeup is bad, at the end of the day the goal of the first episode of a show is to convince the viewer to continue on to the second

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Gundam Wing is cool as hell, only idiots think its bad.

it is very cool i agree

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

it is very cool i agree

What's your favorite project meteor robot.

Mine is Deathsxythe Hell.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i like gun gundam

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

tbh i like the wing gundam design quite a bit for a "generic protagonist gundam" design and it's kind of a shame that the wing gundam is the least relevant gundam in gundam wing

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

really though the best robot designs in gundam wing are the grunt designs

they're all really good! i don't think there's a single one i don't like

maybe that weird artillery mobile suit that you only see early on and they never really mention the name of

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Azumadoka Daioh Ep. 2: More of the same

Tonight I made a batch of maple cream. That involved hand-stirring caramelized maple syrup for about half an hour. I suppose I could have watched this show at the same time, but it might have distracted from the entertainment of stirring. This episode was a lot like the last one, mostly exposition and nothing happening. It wasn't even the kind of nothing that made you feel like you know the characters better as people. It was mostly faffing about and asking the cat questions. But for an episode about asking the cat questions, questions that no one asked the cat include:

What are you?
Why are you here?
Are you the aladdin kind of genie or the faust kind?
Are you always reading my mind?
Why don't you fight the things apparently omnipotent genie?
What are your opinions on the ethicality of child soldiers?

But I guess they don't teach kids to be very inquisitive these days. Thankfully monty python did show up by the end, but it looked so much more interesting than the protagonists that I couldn't help root for it a little bit. I would gladly watch an episode just about the escapades of cottonball willowtree monster. I mean hey, maybe that woman was a corporate lobbyist, or a vulture capitalist, or a youtube commentator. We don't really get to hear its side of the story. And we won't get to, because clown hair murdered it, apparently to eat its heart and steal its power.

Black hair level: Still mopey, unhelpful.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
What makes a person so determined to dislike things?

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sadbrains.

Faust made a deal with the Devil, not a genie. And when you say Aladdin kind of genie are you talking genie of the ring or genie of the lamp?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

There were two genies in aladdin?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Azumadoka Daioh Ep. 2: More of the same

Tonight I made a batch of maple cream. That involved hand-stirring caramelized maple syrup for about half an hour. I suppose I could have watched this show at the same time, but it might have distracted from the entertainment of stirring. This episode was a lot like the last one, mostly exposition and nothing happening. It wasn't even the kind of nothing that made you feel like you know the characters better as people. It was mostly faffing about and asking the cat questions. But for an episode about asking the cat questions, questions that no one asked the cat include:

What are you?
Why are you here?
Are you the aladdin kind of genie or the faust kind?
Are you always reading my mind?
Why don't you fight the things apparently omnipotent genie?
What are your opinions on the ethicality of child soldiers?

But I guess they don't teach kids to be very inquisitive these days. Thankfully monty python did show up by the end, but it looked so much more interesting than the protagonists that I couldn't help root for it a little bit. I would gladly watch an episode just about the escapades of cottonball willowtree monster. I mean hey, maybe that woman was a corporate lobbyist, or a vulture capitalist, or a youtube commentator. We don't really get to hear its side of the story. And we won't get to, because clown hair murdered it, apparently to eat its heart and steal its power.

Black hair level: Still mopey, unhelpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pavlov you are a retarded bitch who should gtfo

• Locked thread