Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the uk has some pretty baller location names though like the Isle of Man or the White Cliffs. it's like being in tamriel probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

the uk has some pretty baller location names though like the Isle of Man or the White Cliffs. it's like being in tamriel probably

the best way to desribe the UK is if depression was a country

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

economic or psychological?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Stux posted:

the best way to desribe the Seattle is if depression was a city

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

I got the Macventure series because they were like three dollars for the whole bunch and i'm still annoyed that the shadowgate port isn't the NES version with playable controls.

doesnt the remake have the old nes graphics and the old nes music

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Snak posted:

economic or psychological?

both

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Stux posted:

id be happy for them to just relase PSO2 over here at this point

I remember Jeff Gerstmann saying that someone at Sega told them off the record that it is almost 100% certain there will never be a native English release for PSO2. The reasoning being that by this point, all the Western fans have already bought the Japanese version and downloaded a translation patch, and even if that weren't true the cost of setting up and running servers for an entirely separate continent would make the game incapable of turning a profit.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FirstAidKite posted:

doesnt the remake have the old nes graphics and the old nes music

It has the old music but the "retro" graphics make everything pixelated and 128-colour. The "classic" mode is also still fairly different from the old game.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:woop: aw poo poo aw poo poo :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9lP6923ep4

Oh, it's console exclusive. Nevermind. :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stux posted:

Maybe it's not the country, maybe it's you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Great Joe posted:

:woop: aw poo poo aw poo poo :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9lP6923ep4

Oh, it's console exclusive. Nevermind. :(

Isn't there that other trackmania game that is coming out/is already out?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Maybe it's not the country, maybe it's you.

are u saying that in reality the uk isnt a grey, wet cold shithole full of old bad and ugly houses and buildings and systemically failing infrastructure but actually really good and all of that is in my head

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stux posted:

an eel suspended in aspic

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Stux posted:

are u saying that in reality the uk isnt a grey, wet cold shithole full of old bad and ugly houses and buildings and systemically failing infrastructure but actually really good and all of that is in my head

Look, I've seen those Harry Potter movies - I know exactly what England looks like and what you all do.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

cram me sideways posted:

Look, I've seen those Harry Potter movies - I know exactly what England looks like and what you all do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey, it's Bootle

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

is that from the prisoner of azkaban

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

My great, great grandfather stowed away on a ship from cornwall to move to the middle of loving nowhere in eastern canada so it must be pretty bad over there yeah

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Harry Potter and the Policeman's Nightstick

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

My great, great grandfather stowed away on a ship from cornwall to move to the middle of loving nowhere in eastern canada so it must be pretty bad over there yeah

cornwall is meant to be one of the nicest places in the uk and what that means is they have sand and water that doesnt fall from the sky (but also its still raining as well)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

actully didnt harry want to be a wizard cop, so hed be the guy hitting foreigners with his magic nightstick

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stux posted:

cornwall is meant to be one of the nicest places in the uk and what that means is they have sand and water that doesnt fall from the sky (but also its still raining as well)

It's also a right wing haven for racist elderly people.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good gaming to you all friends.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

It's also a right wing haven for racist elderly people.

yeah but thats not a defining feature of cornwall, thats just ht euk

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

It used to be, back in the 1950s or so. In terms of infrastructure, a lot of places were awesome back then, if mostly because modern science didn't tell them that "asbestos will give you cancer" and "earthquakes will crush you dead given this architecture" and so on.
In terms of everything else, it was rather bad. Same for a lot of places.

All this talk about Hitman 2016 got me to finish Hitman: Absolution. It was a curated experience, and made me glad to uninstall it now that I was done with it story-wise.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Or you could be like me and ended up missing out on that entire generation and see in hindsight that both systems had some good games.

This also applies to videogame music.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

idk that earthquakes are a major design decision in the uk but yes

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Best video game I ever played is a dragonball Z arena game where you have four different quadrants and you fly to them, power up and kamehamehaha everything. It was pretty great and on mojogames.com for free.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Going through the odd unplayed Steam cruft I've accumulated over the years and Lucius has to be one of the funniest games I've played in a while. Playing as Not-Damien and doing chores for Mommy while she endlessly walks into walls and closed doors in between comically slaughtering the hired help with satan-powered Rube Goldberg machines, all while Detective McGuffin bends over backwards to not notice the creepy dead-eyed Satan baby lurking at every crime scene.

Then you find a pistol and can send people ragdolling across the map with one shot.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I moved from the south of the UK to The Toon for work a few months back and I've really enjoyed it here. The people here are nice and beer is cheap :shobon:

Gamechat : Bravely Second continues to own, I think my love of rpgs comes from my family pc and the only gaming I could do as a kid was through a snes emulator my cousin gave me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NX controller spotted

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154552

its an oval iphone with two sticks and two shoulder buttons. everything else will be touch. lmao.

quote:

FIG. 11(A) and FIG. 11(B) show a further example of the game screen 100. An enemy character 106 is displayed in a screen center of the game screen 100 shown in FIG. 11(A), and the player character 102 turns to the enemy character 106. Furthermore, near each of the first operation stick 18a and the second operation stick 18b, a plurality of item images 120 are displayed. Although illustration is omitted, a background image is also displayed in the game screen 100 shown in FIG. 11(A) (FIG. 11(B) is the same).

On the game screen 100 shown in FIG. 11(A), by touching the item image 120, an item can be used. Since the item image 120 is thus displayed near the first operation stick 18a and the second operation stick 18b, it is possible to use an item by selecting a desired item by a touch input and depressing the first operation stick 18a or the second operation stick 18b near the item, for example. This is an example and should not be limited. When instructing the use of an item, the first operation stick 18a or the second operation stick 18b should just be pushed.

In addition, the item image 120 is displayed about the item that the player character 102 owns. Furthermore, the item image 120 should just be displayed according to a predetermined timing (event) such as a case where there is a displaying instruction by the player or a case of battling against the enemy character 106, and does not need to be displayed always.

In the game screen 100 shown in FIG. 11(A), for example, if the item image 120 that an image of a gun is drawn is selected (touched), it is determined that the player character 102 uses a gun object 108. Then, the game screen 100 as shown in FIG. 11(B) becomes to be displayed on the display panel 14. The game screen 100 shown in FIG. 11(B) is drawn with a first-person viewpoint of the player character 102, and a part of hand of the player character 102 is displayed. Furthermore, since having determined the use of the gun object 108 as mentioned above, the gun object 108 is grasped by the hand of the player character 102. A point that the enemy character 106 is displayed in the screen center is the same as the game screen 100 of FIG. 11(A). Furthermore, since the item to be used is selected, the item image 120 is non-displayed in the game screen 100 shown in FIG. 11(B).

As shown also in FIG. 11(B), the part of the hand of the player character 102 and the gun object 108 are displayed near the second operation stick 18b. For example, an operation that makes the gun object 108 move or shoot a bullet is performed by the second operation stick 18b. Therefore, since the gun object 108 is displayed near the thumb of the player, a feeling that the player is directly operating the gun object 108 is obtained.

That is, since the game screen 100 drawn from the first-person viewpoint is displayed on the display panel 14 having a form similar to a form of the visual filed of the human being, the player can obtain a feeling of immersion into the virtual game space. Furthermore, since the gun object 108 is displayed near the thumb of the player, it is thought that a higher feeling of immersion can be obtained.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

god save Albion

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Isn't there that other trackmania game that is coming out/is already out?
There's Turbo and...that's it. Trackmania 2: Valley was the last one, it came out 3 years ago.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Skeezy posted:

Good gaming to you all friends.

I've never been so insulted in all my life.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it is time to play Stuntman 2

im hype

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Everything about that looks terrible. What the advantages of an oval lcd screen again? Besides no one makes them so it will have to be a completely custom part that has holes for loving PENTAGON sticks through it?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Alpine Walkguy and the Death of a Lizard is old news

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

cram me sideways posted:

I've never been so insulted in all my life.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Stuntman Ignition is so good. It's so loving good. Holy jesus. We'll never get another one like it. Or Driver San Francisco.

They sit atop the pantheon of "Unconventional Racing Games What Kick rear end."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cram me sideways posted:

Stuntman Ignition is so good. It's so loving good. Holy jesus. We'll never get another one like it. Or Driver San Francisco.

They sit atop the pantheon of "Unconventional Racing Games What Kick rear end."

i already loving love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Who do I have to kill to make a Test Drive Unlimited 3

• Locked thread