Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

lol is babypolis really a mexican? so many questions are answered

what questions did my nationality answer. be as candid as possible please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Epic High Five posted:

You aren't going to get 11 million illegals rioting until enough legals get executed to spark a national outrage

So like, 2 minutes into Trump's America if the current ramping up of hate crimes holds steady

I think you misunderstood me, like, a lot.

I was saying that without an open border that provides a way for Mexico to avoid having to give opportunity to its own people - There would be 11 million pissed off Mexicans in Mexico right now, rather than in the United States totally deprived of a political voice.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Right wingers are usually old and have jobs/houses/things to lose.

They're not going to riot.

Right wingers spend their time working and making intelligent decisions rather than throwing group crybaby temper-tantrums i.e. "rioting"

Therefore they usually have jobs/houses/things

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

thats like the opposite of making mexico pay for it

"hi were going to ask you to do nothing and pay ourselves to make a wall, thanks"

i mean its money that was going to mexico not going to mexico anymore. you cant ask mexico to cut a check for a wall because that lovely country couldnt afford it. theyll pay for it in loss of foreign revenue

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

I was saying that without an open border that provides a way for Mexico to avoid having to give opportunity to its own people - There would be 11 million pissed off Mexicans in Mexico right now, rather than in the United States totally deprived of a political voice.

im sure theyd rather be there, since you know, they decided to go there

keep trying to play off your racist and disgusting beliefs as concern for the common man though

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

babypolis posted:

going to bat for mexico

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

babypolis posted:

ANDWERED EVERYTHING FIR ME YOU DIRTY WETBACK BACK THE gently caress OUT OF ARE COHBTRY

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

brb gonna rape some white central american women and steal some jobs

fixed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972.html

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Vile posted:

ANDWERED EVERYTHING FIR ME YOU DIRTY WETBACK BACK THE gently caress OUT OF ARE COHBTRY

im glad im gonna be the reason your return to this thread is gonna be so short lived

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Saurus posted:

If Mexican citizens have chosen America freely, why would we reject their choice? We should be handing out green cards as fast as we can process background checks, and put the screws hard to any employers who still try to exploit undocumented labor.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
at this point im forced to conclude that Vile has a paraphilia for getting probied

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

im sure theyd rather be there, since you know, they decided to go there

keep trying to play off your racist and disgusting beliefs as concern for the common man though

said the man from the country with inferiority of foreigners literally written into the constitution

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

we run an annual trade deficit with mexico on the order of $50bn, which means that if we were to cut off trade we would need to find an alternate source of imports for that $50bn of goods. given that if an alternate source of goods that was cheaper existed we would already be using it, it logically follows that importing those goods will grow more expensive, and therefore their prices will rise. trade war with mexico would cause a spike in the prices of tons of everyday items in the US and would cause the economy to crater in a way that made 2007 look like the roaring 20s.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

babypolis posted:

im glad im gonna be the reason your return to this thread is gonna be so short lived

Oooh look at you a smug Mexican hiding behind liberal mods. Letting the left do the dirty work. SO VERY TYPICAL. SO SO TYPICAL

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

crazy cloud posted:

The questions of 2016 in a nutshell, Trump having reduced what passes in the GOP for intelligentsia to Cartesian rubble.

It's not Trump. It's prions.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

we run an annual trade deficit with mexico on the order of $50bn, which means that if we were to cut off trade we would need to find an alternate source of imports for that $50bn of goods. given that if an alternate source of goods that was cheaper existed we would already be using it, it logically follows that importing those goods will grow more expensive, and therefore their prices will rise. trade war with mexico would cause a spike in the prices of tons of everyday items in the US and would cause the economy to crater in a way that made 2007 look like the roaring 20s.

at least we'll have a wall and ARE JOBS back though :shrug:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

said the man from the country with inferiority of foreigners literally written into the constitution

oops you are right. gonna get right on running for president and changing the constitution asap

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chantilly Say posted:

If Mexican citizens have chosen America freely, why would we reject their choice? We should be handing out green cards as fast as we can process background checks, and put the screws hard to any employers who still try to exploit undocumented labor.

Because globalism is evil.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

We Were Dead Before the Party Even Sank

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean every world leader has condemned the idea as being horrible but lets do it anyway when it wouldn't benefit at all because

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Montasque posted:

Right wingers are usually old and have jobs/houses/things to lose.

They're not going to riot.

it's actually a fairly diverse group, believe it or not, and a lot of them have very strongly ingrained authoritarian tendencies. also, while the conservative party may be overrepresented in the older generations, they are also represented by a fair number of younger poor people who are angry at their lot in life, and many have strong religious / faith-based convictions that inform them that some kind of glorious battle with the sinners and the sodomites is eminent and their ticket to salvation.

it's not entirely impossible

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/710622965541552128

Read between the line.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Baron Von Bullshit Rides Again

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Why do we keep arguing about this dumb poo poo? Trump has explained exactly how he's going to pay for the wall - And it doesn't include blocking trade or tourism or any dumb poo poo:

quote:

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

TwinsensRevenge posted:

i'm gonna illegally immigrate my foot into someone's rear end if we don't turn this thread around

A different kind of Red than this thread is used to

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
if your going to try and keep people out just go all DMZ and coat the border in landmines, not like trump cares about warcrimes anyway

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Prorat posted:

He actually thinks we can have a government that hands out green cards and citizenship like that that ALSO cracks down on corporations.

If you don't want ants, you don't kill or remove the ants. You stop the guys pouring sugar on the floor.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Prorat posted:

I'm not talking about globalism, I'm talking about patriotism. People choose America because it's the greatest country in the world. Those people are America's greatest strength.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Lonesome Crowded Primary

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at globalism being turned into a scary word and not the logical conclusion of modern technology

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chantilly Say posted:

I'm not talking about globalism, I'm talking about patriotism. People choose America because it's the greatest country in the world. Those people are America's greatest strength.

Criminals are America's greatest strengths?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
how long until trump just outright adopts goldwaters platform and promises to withdraw from the UN

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

thethreeman posted:

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/710611268516847618

lmaoooooo at cruz campaigning hard here like his manager said

lol, Trump needs 54% of the remaining delegates to hit 1237 and he's gonna get like 70%+ because there are no brakes left on this train

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

how long until trump just outright adopts goldwaters platform and promises to withdraw from the UN

I hope we withdraw from the largest, most corrupt entity on planet Earth.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Chantilly Say posted:

I'm a utilitarian. The human being is a short-termist creature who thinks only about themselves and their direct circumstances, but we need to act for the benefit of humanity now and in the future.

The Mexican has freely chosen America in an attempt at slightly higher living standards and bettering themselves, because their own country is a corrupt shitshow that cares nothing for the poor. I feel for them, but their actions only do harm to humanity and the world in the long run. An America without illegals might be able to leverage labour power to crush the hold of the corporations over our political system, provide decent jobs, healthcare and education to all Americans, and institute a political order that does its best to bring about a similar change in neighbouring Mexico - Instead of keeping Mexico in a state of corrupt bondage to provide cheap labour whether outsourced or illegally imported.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/710624313536352256

Trump wanted to aborted his second daughter.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

If Trump mutates into Goldwater would Hillary endorse him?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Human Crouton posted:

If Trump mutates into Goldwater would Hillary endorse him?

maybe if he can find a time machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Prorat posted:

I hope we withdraw from the largest, most corrupt entity on planet Earth.

Yep UN is a farce when Russia and USA just veto anything controversial that actually affects world peace and needs to be discussed. The whole system is a joke. Other nations have no power to overrule or stop the vetoes. It's quite comical.

• Locked thread