Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ElNarez posted:

This year's bonus ep is super great and you should donate to Maximum Fun to hear it. Plus it ends on Girl Talk, which feels just right, you know?

Can you get the bonus eps by doing a one-time donation or does it have to be a subscription? I'm tight on money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

flatluigi posted:

Can you get the bonus eps by doing a one-time donation or does it have to be a subscription? I'm tight on money.

I think it has to be a subscription, but they're pretty chill if you can't make the monthly payment.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
On a different track, does anyone have an RSS feed for Sawbones that has the episodes from 2013 on it? I listen to all my podcasts through Pocketcasts and was going to finally start on Sawbones only to find out that what I'm pretty sure is the official rss feed only goes back to Jan 2014. (The first ep on the RSS actually leads off with them talking about how it was their 30th episode, and I was pretty sure it was a goof until I actually went and checked)

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

From http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/15/theater/hamilton-takes-a-road-trip-to-the-white-house.html?_r=0:

quote:

Brody Brown, a student at Loudoun County High School, asked him what inspired his creative process.

“All of it,” Mr. Miranda said, name-checking the rappers Big Pun and Biggie Smalls, as well as crediting Shakespeare, the Bible, podcasts and the Beatles.

McElroys literally God tier, confirmed.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I pretty much lost it at the quinoa bit.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

On a different track, does anyone have an RSS feed for Sawbones that has the episodes from 2013 on it? I listen to all my podcasts through Pocketcasts and was going to finally start on Sawbones only to find out that what I'm pretty sure is the official rss feed only goes back to Jan 2014. (The first ep on the RSS actually leads off with them talking about how it was their 30th episode, and I was pretty sure it was a goof until I actually went and checked)

They fixed it :toot:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone explain the Lin-Manual "great job" thing? I'm guessing it's an MBMBAM inside joke -- I should probably listen to that some day

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone explain the Lin-Manual "great job" thing? I'm guessing it's an MBMBAM inside joke -- I should probably listen to that some day

Lin-Manual and the McElroy brothers are friends (he was on the podcast once). They had a bit on the show once(not the one where he was on) where they suggested that every car should have three horns, one of which said "greatjob" when you hit it to signify another driver had done something good.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

My confession on the greatjob thing is I didn't/don't think it was very funny but everyone else seems to think it's the greatest thing they've ever done

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I didn't think the actual bit was all that great either, but LMM did and that's what's important because it got this wild train a-rollin'. Well, that and goldust.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

myron cope posted:

My confession on the greatjob thing is I didn't/don't think it was very funny but everyone else seems to think it's the greatest thing they've ever done

I don't think it's funny, but I do think it's pretty fascinating that a man that is very much in the public eye right now is getting a very specific set of celebrities to make a reference to an obscure bit from a donor-supported podcast. He peaked with The Rock, I think, but it's still really interesting to me.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Yeah I enjoyed the joke well enough, but it wasn't one of my favourites. Plus the way Lin's having people do it is substantially different from the bit as I remember it.

Mostly I'm interesting in seeing the guy who's basically the toast of NYC right now mess with(?) Griffin.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Are we actually gift horsing that the creator of the biggest show on Broadway is shouting out three brothers from West Virginia for shits and giggles?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

I don't think it's funny, but I do think it's pretty fascinating that a man that is very much in the public eye right now is getting a very specific set of celebrities to make a reference to an obscure bit from a donor-supported podcast. He peaked with The Rock, I think, but it's still really interesting to me.

Yea I don't think the entertainment value is meant to be funny, more like 'haha holy poo poo this dude who's probably the biggest broadway dude right now is trying to get a rogue's gallery of every celeb the brothers mention a lot making reference to a really rando joke they did once'.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can I complain that Lin has not yet posted a video of Obama greatjobbing Griffin?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Waffleman_ posted:

Can I complain that Lin has not yet posted a video of Obama greatjobbing Griffin?

Baby steps, man. He's gotta get in all of the weird, specific celebrities first before you jump up to the president. We need, like, Scott Bakula, Tim Curry, probably the cast of Without a Paddle. A whole bunch before the finisher.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Baby steps, man. He's gotta get in all of the weird, specific celebrities first before you jump up to the president. We need, like, Scott Bakula, Tim Curry, probably the cast of Without a Paddle. A whole bunch before the finisher.

I guess we gotta get Keaton there too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think the final one is actually lin getting griffin to tell griffin great job

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

On a related note:

https://twitter.com/serial/status/710479483862650880

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

PBS Newshour posted:

i think the final one is actually lin getting griffin to tell griffin great job

Thank Griffin for Griffin.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Waffleman_ posted:

Obama doesn't think Griffin is going a great job.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, I don't know if we live in a world amazing enough for that to exist, but we had Joe Biden visit the place I work at not too long ago and if the "is it okay for me to post this" process for photos and videos of Obama is anything like it was for Biden, it could just be taking forever for LMM to get word that it's kosher.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How do they know Lin-Manual anyway? It all seems so strange to me.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Some ~scandalous~ revelations in The The Adventure Zone Zone on roll-fudging. Also I see why they were cautious about it, but it is perfect that (I guess I'll spoil this? better safe than sorry) Taako is gay and I don't think they need to worry about being offensive.

e:also Carey Pietsch does amazing fanart of this podcast, here's her take on Adventure Zone: Nights (donate if you don't already, you dorks)
http://twitter.com/careydraws/status/710512422507954177

e2: jfc I can't spell

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 17, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Some ~scandalous~ revelations in The Adventure Zone Zone on roll-fudging. Also I see why they were cautious about it, but it is perfect that (I guess I'll spoil this? better safe than sorry) Taako is gay and I don't think they need to worry about being offensive.

Oh wow, I didn't realize they were doing an episode about the show, that's pretty awesome!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like how they bleeped it out but it's super obvious what Clint's tattoo would be a 20 sided die, rolled 1 side up.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Drunkboxer posted:

I like how they bleeped it out but it's super obvious what Clint's tattoo would be a 20 sided die, rolled 1 side up.
Gooncred: I used to own a shirt like that with "that's how I roll" underneath

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Modern Leper posted:

Are we actually gift horsing that the creator of the biggest show on Broadway is shouting out three brothers from West Virginia for shits and giggles?

He's also doing the music for the next Disney princess movie. :woop:

omg chael crash posted:

Travis has done theater work, I imagine that plays into it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I got a bit excited at Clint and Griffin's ideas for second seasons. I'd love for them to explore tabletop in genres other than high fantasy, but I hope they just don't try to adapt D&D to those genres, though. I want them to see more of what the hobby has to offer, and in turn show other people that side, because for a lot of people, D&D is the end all be all of tabletop.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Thinking of the things they could do with Dungeon World or FATE has me rather hot under the collar.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I gave up on Harmontown about halfway through his big post-firing tour of America but didn't switching from D&D to Shadowrun completely torpedo his tabletop gaming segment?

The actual game mechanics are the least important part of Adventure Zone, there's really no reason for them to switch systems and have to relearn entirely new rules and have more bullshit getting in the way of the jokes and storytime.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

mikeycp posted:

Thinking of the things they could do with Dungeon World or FATE has me rather hot under the collar.

I don't know if I'm more excited about the prospect of Clint getting an Adventure Zone tat or his own bumbling Superhero DM podcast.

I'm tweeting Griffin that.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Shadowrun destroyed harmontown yeah

To be fair it destroyed a segment that wasn't working already considering that nobody gave a poo poo about it, it was getting less and less onscreen time, and kumail had basically disappeared from the show entirely so. Yeah

I do agree though that switching systems outside of extremely extenuating circumstances can kill podcasts. Right now I'm trying to get through friends at the table and although dungeon world sounds like a fun game to play, making up the world and lore communally is some dire, dire radio

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, not to say I'm not fine with them just sticking with it.

I'm just super excited about the possibility of My Persona, My Persona, and Me.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I would love to see them do at least one episode with one of the new Star Wars rpg.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's weird to think that it's still canonically Candlenights in TAZ.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

It depends on what system they picked - Pathfinder would wreck everything, something more story focused like Apocalypse Engine might suit Clint better - but it's probably better to just stick with what they know.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

omg chael crash posted:

Lin-Manuel is a legit cool dude who listens to podcasts and likes good ones like MBMBaM. I'm pretty sure that is all there is to it.

Also the toast of NYC liked my facebook comment and I like his musical so we are pretty much best buds now.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Maduo posted:

It depends on what system they picked - Pathfinder would wreck everything, something more story focused like Apocalypse Engine might suit Clint better - but it's probably better to just stick with what they know.

Maybe they pick the McElroy-gently caress-It-Lets-Have-Fun system and don't sperg out about inconsequential poo poo.

Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, not to say I'm not fine with them just sticking with it.

I'm just super excited about the possibility of My Persona, My Persona, and Me.

This. While I would love to see them try something different, not at the cost of quality.

(Griffin could totally make whatever work, though.)