Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
"please don't drive into the lava"

sure thing mister director-man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Snak posted:

Everything about that looks terrible. What the advantages of an oval lcd screen again? Besides no one makes them so it will have to be a completely custom part that has holes for loving PENTAGON sticks through it?

sharp does, they do free form displays now

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Looking forward to stuffing my nuts into the eyes of dipshits who honestly believed that VR would ever be a thing, or viable, or even good beyond the first 30 seconds of novelty.

What's the ratio of "Kinect enthusiast" to "VR proselytizer?"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Happy st pats friends. I will be drowning in guiness and playing pillars tonight.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cram me sideways posted:

Looking forward to stuffing my nuts into the eyes of dipshits who honestly believed that VR would ever be a thing, or viable, or even good beyond the first 30 seconds of novelty.

nice try idiot, my psvr will protect my eyes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Holy cats I forgot how creative stone tower temple is. Majora's mask may not have as many donjons as other zeldas, but it sure makes good use of them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stux posted:

are u saying that in reality the uk isnt a grey, wet cold shithole full of old bad and ugly houses and buildings and systemically failing infrastructure but actually really good and all of that is in my head

No, that's just every country.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

watching the quiet man and realized that john wayne's character's dad is named mike thornton

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

cram me sideways posted:

VR is one of those things that's really cool if money, resources, and time isn't an issue so it's limited almost entirely to wealthy tech spergs that can't relate to normal people, much like the Kinect or libertarianism.

So it's no coincidence that the whole thing was spearheaded my John Carmack.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I really want the opportunity to pants someone wearing a VR headset.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Paladinus posted:

No, that's just every country.

no ive been to other countries, its just us

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Sleeveless posted:

VR is one of those things that's really cool if money, resources, and time isn't an issue so it's limited almost entirely to wealthy tech spergs that can't relate to normal people, much like the Kinect or libertarianism.

So it's no coincidence that the whole thing was spearheaded my John Carmack.

Kinect is/was attainable by the common man. Kinect demanded real estate, and the camera itself wasn't all that expensive. That said, if you lived in a shoebox like I loving did when it came out, it was perfectly loving useless and unfun.

VR costs too loving much AND wants you to clear out your loving livingroom so you can pretend you are a mighty warrior walking from left foot to right foot. All that's a step too far.

No Such Thing posted:

I really want the opportunity to pants someone wearing a VR headset.

This is the kind of thing that needs to be Kickstarted GOD drat IT.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't normally get like this about games but I was totally obsessed with getting every level in Ignition perfect. It felt really loving good watching the replays afterward.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My favorite was the movie where you were a cop in the 70s.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

PantsBandit posted:

I don't normally get like this about games but I was totally obsessed with getting every level in Ignition perfect. It felt really loving good watching the replays afterward.

This is normal behavior. This does not necessarily make you a "gamer." You can still go out during the night and enter a "bar" and pick up a girl. You can tell her what you did; she will be sufficiently impressed and decide you are a sufficient specimen what to fill her vessel with Good Seed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

cram me sideways posted:

This is normal behavior. This does not necessarily make you a "gamer." You can still go out during the night and enter a "bar" and pick up a girl. You can tell her what you did; she will be sufficiently impressed and decide you are a sufficient specimen what to fill her vessel with Good Seed.

Life welcomes you back.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stux posted:

no ive been to other countries, its just us

You haven't been to the parts of those countries analogous to where you live. If you had a nice house in Shropshire, your impressions would be different, too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this image in 2020 will be titled: "looking back on nintendo's last console"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it looks like beggar's canyon, back home

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Shouldn't that controller be illuminating the scene of its a screen and not like a decal or just a fake?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Shouldn't that controller be illuminating the scene of its a screen and not like a decal or just a fake?

what

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
why the gently caress is it an oval

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

corn in the bible posted:

why the gently caress is it an oval

in an attempt to market to weird twitter, nintendo has developed Long Egg

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stux posted:

self hating UK resident

isn't that redundant?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i see now that a page and a half has been spent saying yes, that is redundant

carry on friends

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the nintendo has the wrong kind of shape

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just spent two hours playing rune factory 4 and despite being wholly absorbed in those two hours I'm not sure I actually accomplished anything

that whole genre is weird to me

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Stux posted:

:wow:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Stux posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I work all day thinking of coming home and playing all these rad games. Rune Factory 4, Elite Dangerous, The Division, hell there's always more monster hunter

Then I actually get home and I just kind of sit and stare at old youtube playlists/these forums instead in a bored ball of ennui

Sadbrains is butts I tells ya

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

I work all day thinking of coming home and playing all these rad games. Rune Factory 4, Elite Dangerous, The Division, hell there's always more monster hunter

Then I actually get home and I just kind of sit and stare at old youtube playlists/these forums instead in a bored ball of ennui

The solution to this, and indeed, to all problems, is to drink.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope everyone had a good saint paddys day.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I do the same thing every day :smith:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Skeezy posted:

I do the same thing every day :smith:

I say "I can't afford this game"

then I go buy a burrito and it's like "Man, for the price of two of these I could be playing video games"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The solution to this, and indeed, to all problems, is to drink.

I have yet to find an alcoholic drink that doesn't taste pretty vile

Granted I haven't tried very hard

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

I have yet to find an alcoholic drink that doesn't taste pretty vile

Granted I haven't tried very hard

My friend.

My dear, dear friend.

Allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of pinot noir.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Holy cats I forgot how creative stone tower temple is. Majora's mask may not have as many donjons as other zeldas, but it sure makes good use of them.

When I was a kid I thought it was lame how majora's mask only had 4 dungeons, and then as I got older I realized that majora's mask has like 8 dungeons, it's just that 4 of them are pretty well integrated into the story and aren't explicitly called dungeons.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
it's a good thing 3d printers aren't commonplace or a somewhat recent trend. it would probably be too difficult to 3d print a mockup based on the patent drawings and then add a sticker on the front

thank goodness that's not a possibility

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

My friend.

My dear, dear friend.

Allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of pinot noir.

I found that as the different wines I tried got drier the more I disliked them, and IIRC pinot noir is pretty fuckin' dry?

I think I'd like fruity drinks or cocktails but then I think to myself 'why not just skip the alcohol bit', then I do :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Ciaphas posted:

I found that as the different wines I tried got drier the more I disliked them, and IIRC pinot noir is pretty fuckin' dry?

I think I'd like fruity drinks or cocktails but then I think to myself 'why not just skip the alcohol bit', then I do :v:

People like different poo poo. That's the way life goes. Only losers think their opinion is better than others. :colbert:

You keep doing you Ciaphas.

• Locked thread