Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Overwined posted:

I have a serious question relating to 'dines. What sort of cracker? I've tried a few brands from my local grocery store, but they either taste like sawdust or are basically sawdust. I need a cracker with some structural integrity! Any suggestions.

Triscuits of course but if I'm feelin froggy I'll Melba Toast that dine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Triscuits for life. Also I made the Alton Brown Sardicado sandwich last night. Fkn delicious. Sardines and avocados? God yes. Had it with some avocado soup. Thinking of hanging avocados from the door jam, keep Ted Cruz away from my house.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like them regular rear end Club crackers that are kinda yellow and taste a little buttery

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
gonna have dines over stir fry vegetables for worklunch tonight

somepony go grocery shopping for me please I'm so tired and drunk

naem
May 29, 2011

Sardines and crackers keep for years in your cupboard that's the whole point

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
not if you keep eating them because you really don't feel like going grocery shopping

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Sizone posted:

not if you keep eating them because you really don't feel like going grocery shopping

Also some crackers start tasting a bit like death after too long in the ol dusty pantry.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I've used club, saltine, wasa, water, pita, all different kinds of crunchy vehicles for the sardines and I do not have a particularly strong preference. THey have all served adequately in the war against not eating sardines

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I will chime in to say to NOT use Wasaba Light wafers. Those things turn into a flavorless paste the instant any liquid touches them.

Capt. Holt from Brooklyn 99 would like them, but not I.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Are tinned smoked clams sufficiently dadly?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the yeti posted:

Are tinned smoked clams sufficiently dadly?
I'd posture that smoked clams/mussels/oysters are more dadlier than even the mighty 'dine.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
There's many items on the top shelf of dadliness. Everything from beef liver to borscht.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ChrisHansen posted:

There's many items on the top shelf of dadliness. Everything from beef liver to borscht.

don't forget black pudding/blutwurst

poo poo ownsssss

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

ChrisHansen posted:

Sweetbreads.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Overwined posted:

Sweetbreads.

there's this basque restaurant in town that makes the best sweetbreads ever. sweet, organy richness.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Overwined posted:

Sweetbreads.

If you're lucky, and live in a heavily anglo area, sweetbreads can usually be bought for cheap from a reputable butcher. Make em yourself with a nice mustard or cream sauce.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not that you would, but don't use rice crackers for dines either. Rice crackers are the polar opposite of dadfood and if you're one of the many people that are pretending to have a gluten sensitivity, rescind your dadcard, post-loving-haste.

Hey if you have those seaweed papers and roll a dine in them, is that dadsushi?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like sweetbreads a lot they're good, their silky whiteness concerns me wrt their dad status but they are of the dad in the end

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
:siren: SARDINE ALERT :siren:

My Costco had their Season 6 packs for three dollars off, so I stocked up.

After all, what's dadlier than saving money on delicious canned fish you were going to buy anyway?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Capoeira Capybara posted:

After all, what's dadlier than saving money on delicious canned fish you were going to buy anyway?

saw a 12 pack of riga sprats on amazon for twenty bucks, bought it. felt good about my life choices.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

NmareBfly posted:

saw a 12 pack of riga sprats on amazon for twenty bucks, bought it. felt good about my life choices.

That's a good deal

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
hell yeah that's a good deal. I want that deal.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
hmm i see the deal and it's a different can than the ones I'm used to. I wonder if the "Riga Gold" with the printing on the lid is different than the $20/12 rigas w/o the printing on the lid.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I bet it's the same but idk

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I have not had the other riga sprats but I will happily review these when then show up next wednesday or so.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

NmareBfly posted:

I have not had the other riga sprats but I will happily review these when then show up next wednesday or so.

:hf: riga buyiing bro. I went for broke and got a 24 pack.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sizone posted:

This is one serious dilemma that single men in particular tend to face because:

1. I need food
2. I buy food, now I have food
3. Now-I-will-not-leave-my-house-for-three-weeks

(chimpanzee noises)

(repeat)

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Fuuuck sardine season needs to come already. wanna deep fry some breaded dines and dip them.. does anyone have taht link to the fried dine tihns w/ sauce, looked so good

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

found this handy thing for when fishies are in season!!!!!!! http://www.wingofstmawes.co.uk/wholesale/seasonal_fish

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

wait what sardine season is right now????? gently caress i still cant find them ive been lied to

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the yeti posted:

:hf: riga buyiing bro. I went for broke and got a 24 pack.

I'm officially a tastemaker, I said, sliding on my white framed wayfarers

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I took them off.

They aren't mine. They are my son's. I don't want to stretch them out because I paid for them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

http://mouth-full-of-sardines.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html

Run down on the Rigas

I definitely plan on grabbing some if I spot them in the wild here

Maybe order if dadly reviews confirm their dadly status

They certainly LOOK good

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Capoeira Capybara posted:

:siren: SARDINE ALERT :siren:

My Costco had their Season 6 packs for three dollars off, so I stocked up.

I bought these too but they're not very good. Olive oil and boneless skinless

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Oh happy 'dine day! Found out that Sprout's Farmer's Market, which is chain of about 200 stores in the US, carries Bela brand 'dines in my area. I think they were $3.50 a can and I got 16 of the fuckers- half packed in olive oil and the other half in lemon olive oil. Gonna make some of the 'dine spinach tomato soup tonight.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 23, 2016

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

You know who else eats sardines out of the can? That's right, THE PUNISHER

perhaps not the most ringing endorsement

edit: further evidence

Admiral Bosch fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 23, 2016

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Maybe not the most ringing, but a very daddly one.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Dad wears his Punisher t-shirt and nothing else and bends over to get the saran wrap and that's the punishment for everyone else

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
To answer cracker guy's question, Finn Crisp Delicious Thin Rye Crackers are extremely correct to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Got some Crown Prince Natural Kippered Herring, and did not enjoy it very much :( There was barely any flavor to it all, least of all the naturally smoked. It was just bland. I like Brunswick kippered herring much better but I don't think it is MSC certified like the Crown Prince. Roland brand is pretty good though. Forgot about that one til just now.