Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He ate the Human Human Fruit so I guess it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The incurable disease Gol D Roger had was type II diabetes from eating too much chocolate. He had to leave the rest in One Piece for the next chocolate lover to take up his mantle. The gold coins are Pirate King brand chocolates.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Scrap the coin idea. Its obviously

One piece of giant chocolate.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The incurable disease Gol D Roger had was type II diabetes from eating too much chocolate. He had to leave the rest in One Piece for the next chocolate lover to take up his mantle. The gold coins are Pirate King brand chocolates.

One Piece is nuclear weapons, Roger died of radiation poisoning.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The ultimate ninja technique:

Love.

Edit: Aside from that, my favorite thing in this chapter was Momonosuke trying to be cool and pass off that he knew Roger as well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Green Intern posted:

The ultimate ninja technique:

Love.

Edit: Aside from that, my favorite thing in this chapter was Momonosuke trying to be cool and pass off that he knew Roger as well.

Probably just a joke but it could have been Ace. Son of Roger, also a member of WB's crew, and I think he learned how to make the hat for Oz Jr. there?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Oars_Jr.

Sometime in the past, Little Oars Jr. and Ace became friends. As a gesture of friendship, Ace gave Little Oars Jr. a kasa, which he learned to make in the Wano Country, though it took him three tries since he burned the previous two due to his Mera Mera no Mi powers.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

One Piece is a bathing suit.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

LostRook posted:

They were offered the bell pillar, they stole a bunch of random crap from the snake's stomach. Bellamy got the pillar. Which reminds me, wasn't Skypiea skipped in the current round of cover stories?

The latest arc is about people finding out about the new bounties and they don't get wanted posters in Skypiea. Well, they get them for sky criminals, which Luffy and co. aren't. Although they never did pay their entrance fees....

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Guys we talked about this. One Piece is going to be a spaceship and then Oda spends another 30 years writing the robot/spaceship manga he always wanted to do.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
One Piece.

One Peace.

Won Peace.

Huh, huh?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

LostRook posted:

They were offered the bell pillar, they stole a bunch of random crap from the snake's stomach. Bellamy got the pillar. Which reminds me, wasn't Skypiea skipped in the current round of cover stories?

I thought the various people of Skypiea were ready to give them the bell pillar in exchange for saving them from Enel's madness and stopping the war but the Strawhats stole it before it could be offered because they're pirates and stealing is more fun?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They thought the Skypeians were angry at them for stealing the treasure from the snake so they escaped back to the Merry, and Robin didn't bother correcting anyone because it made the crew happier to think they were being all piratey. She told the Skypeians that the crew apparently just didn't want the bell tower.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

tsob posted:

I thought the various people of Skypiea were ready to give them the bell pillar in exchange for saving them from Enel's madness and stopping the war but the Strawhats stole it before it could be offered because they're pirates and stealing is more fun?

They did want to give the Straw Hats the pillar and whatever other gold could fit on Merry because they saw no value in it. Luffy, however, thought like a proper pirate and figured they valued gold as much as he did so he told the crew to gather up all they could carry and sneak off with it. Right as the Skypeians were going to tell the Straw Hats they could have the pillar Luffy saw them coming and thought they were being chased so they ran away in a big misunderstanding. Anyway, the pillar was way too big to fit on Merry.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And through a series of no-doubt wacky misunderstandings and misadventures, the golden pillar ended up in Bellamy's possessions and he donated it to Doflamingo.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Pureauthor posted:

And through a series of no-doubt wacky misunderstandings and misadventures, the golden pillar ended up in Bellamy's possessions and he donated it to Doflamingo.

A more reasonable explanation likely involves genocide.

Also explains no cover page reaction shot. They all dead.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
But it's okay! He's a good guy now.

Has it ever been stated that Skypia gets the newspaper like other places though?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Crazyeyes posted:

We saw them in the post-timeskip cover arc, so unless it happened in the last week they're fine.

Gan Fall could wipe the floor with Bellamy anyway :colbert:

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Crazyeyes posted:

The most reasonable explanation, though, is that he went to Skypiea, and he let slip that he knows Luffy. They mistook that as the two being friends and asked him to bring the pillar to Luffy on the blue sea.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
In other news, I had a really weird One Piece related dream last night. I dreamt that the Straw Hats finally met up with Kaidou, only to find out he's actually a life and business coach in full business suit and tie, hosting a seminar on "Become the BEST pirate YOU can be, with my Secret Tips on being a Master Pirate!" followed by live demonstrations of some weird magic poo poo (I remember some kind of blue sparkling flame like Ace's Firefly technique but blue instead of green).

I can't make this stuff up. :psyduck: Why do you do this to me, brain?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly that wouldn't even be out of place in One Piece.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

My dream last night was someone discovering a new tecnology that makes animating anime easier, eliminating the need for slow pan shots and money saving tricks.

Yes it was about One Piece.

Also while were on the anime, the english dub for the end of Impel Dawn comes out April 25th and I cannot wait
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxqj54A-_g

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its gonna own when sanji gets married and luffy cant stop it but hes hidden and he reveals himself and crashes a wedding...

to start a davy back fight

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

anime was right posted:

its gonna own when sanji gets married and luffy cant stop it but hes hidden and he reveals himself and crashes a wedding...

Oh gently caress I didn't consider a Davy Back.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I kinda want Sanji to get married for real and then the daughter turns out to hate her mom and elopes with him back to the Straw Hats.

Also I hope the Vinsmoke patriarch turns out to be a goofball.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

anime was right posted:

yesssssssss. everything down to foxxy even being a participant who managed to get caught by big mam. luffy defeats big mam and gets the poneglyph drawing in the world's gnarliest davy back fight, then off to take down kaido and the shogun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

anime was right posted:

CAN

YOU

EVEN

IMAGINE.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

anime was right posted:

I'm swimming to Japan to assassinate Oda with a knife clenched between my teeth if this happens

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I want to believe in the davy back fight

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm hoping that Luffy wins Big Mom as a member of his armada via the Davy Back Fight.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
luffy will win jinbe and sanji

which means the next two strawhats

join together

oda: “There’s still the possibility for more members to appear one after the other!”

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AnonSpore posted:

I'm swimming to Japan to assassinate Oda with a knife clenched between my teeth if this happens

The anime's gotten so lovely that it won't make everyone go bugfuck crazy over seeing Foxy again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

davy back fights are just things pirates do. it's not something specific to foxy's crew

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Manatee Cannon posted:

davy back fights are just things pirates do. it's not something specific to foxy's crew

Except his seems to be the only crew in the world that actually does them, so it's kinda their thing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

Except his seems to be the only crew in the world that actually does them, so it's kinda their thing.

I bet the Yonkous do DBFs to swap crewmembers like, aallll the time.

"Ok Rockstar, you're part of Kaidou's crew now."

"But I -"

"Eat this fake Devil Fruit and you'll be good to go."

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm still betting there will be at least 1 callback before the end of the Manga.

Also. I'm of the opinion that a Davy Fight Back with a Yonkou would be amazing.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
When Luffy finally meets up with Shanks they will do a Davy Back Fight to determine who gets Roger's hat.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think Foxy's crew is the only or that does the Davy Back because most other crews would rather just fight normally and consider the DBF to be weird. Also Oda probably just pulled that out as a gimmick for the Foxy battle so :shrug:

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
I finished reading through all of One Piece so far. It was hosed up when they ate the talking dragon on Punk Hazard. Pretty good manga though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ChumpsForChange posted:

I finished reading through all of One Piece so far. It was hosed up when they ate the talking dragon on Punk Hazard. Pretty good manga though.

It talked with farts.